Alexandre Burrows Appreciation Thread

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
Truly a heart and soul player, he will be remembered fondly.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I really wish he could have played his entire career here. Even though we didn't win it all in 2011, he'll still be a legend in this city for all the big goals he scored.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
My favourite Canuck! (Now it'll be Horvat).

He brought so much to this team and community and I'll miss him. Other teams hated him but he was one of ours and was the hardest working player on our team. Heart and soul guy. Thank you for everything and for willing to waive and help the team.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
One of my favourite players all time and was ok with my wife's over the top love of him.

Love the story, the player, the effort....will be missed.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Thank you Alex

You were always a great team player. and even in your trade you have help the team out greatly . Thank you look forward to being there when they induct you in the ring of hon-our.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
A melancholy day....a true changing to the guard....will be even tougher at the end of next year when the Sedins are done....but it's time.

A guy who made the NHL on the force of will and determination and scored some of the biggest goals in franchise history....a blood, sweat and tears guy on the ice who was loved by his team-mates and hated by his opposition, and a presence off the ice in the dressing-room and in the community.

Sens are my second favorite NHL team now....Let's go Sens!

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Will always love him as a player. He's battled his whole career to stay become and stay a NHL player. Gonna miss the dragon slayer. One of my favourite players and will always remain a Canuck :)

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Boy gonna miss this guy. Essentially grew up watching him join this team till now. All the best Burrows.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Nice tribute OP, that pretty much sums it all up. Guy was a warrior for this team and gave it his all. He'll always be remembered as pretty much a lifetime Canuck.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
He'll be missed. Great grinder. Get in your head, good in the corners. Great at retrieving pucks.

He never really drove the scoring on this team though, largely benefited by playing with the Sedins, Kesler, Horvat, etc.

What he had was heart, drive and determination. Underrated ECHL talent making it to the big leagues and excelling. A classic sports story.

He will greatly be missed. I hope they treat him well, both when he returns to the Rog, but also after his career.

What he did for his friends (Luc & Ryp), his teammates, and this community is second to none. Love the guy. Best of luck Alex!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad