Prospect Info: Alexander Holtz (#7 pick - 2020 draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
When looking at Rossi and Holtz, who I think the choice had to be down to, if you think they are close to being the same potential impact, that is they are tied for BPA, I'm totally fine using team need as the tiebreaker. I'm guessing that was the case in this instance.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
When looking at Rossi and Holtz, who I think the choice had to be down to, if you think they are close to being the same potential impact, that is they are tied for BPA, I'm totally fine using team need as the tiebreaker. I'm guessing that was the case in this instance.

They might not even have had Rossi as BPA here.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
I really liked how genuine and happy he was in his interview. Always a great sign for a player coming to your team. You want a guy with personality as well.
I have followed Alex since he was around 14 and I can say that is exactly my view of him. Very good manners, positive attitude, mature and all those things. He's apparently very appreciated by his teammates.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Well hall credited Hischier for the hart trophy win so perhaps in a few years we will see Holtz do the same:hyper:

Reactions: My3Sons

dinosaur33

Jul 5, 2009
I'm so excited for Holtz. I feel like "elite shot" is still a super rare trait, whereas more and more guys are getting faster and more creative every year. Well, at least "elite shot but still with other 1st round skills" seems rare these days. That has to have value.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The dragging of this pick is the perfect example of why I don't follow mocks and spend months debating draft position. You guys continually fall in love with draft-eligibles and it bites you in the butt when either we don't pick them (a la Rossi) or they get picked by a team we don't like (K'Andre Miller).

There's absolutely no reason this should have been seen as an off-board pick, but because Rossi got hyped up here people made it into an off-board pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad