Prospect Info: Alexander Holtz (#7 pick - 2020 draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Pronman's scouting report: What the Devils are getting in Alexander Holtz

“Shot Grade: 70

When most scouts, teammates or coaches are asked to describe Holtz, the first thing mentioned is his shot or something related to his goal-scoring ability. Holtz has scored goals wherever he’s gone. The first time I saw him play live years ago he got a puck high at the right circle and rifled a shot off the bar that was impossible to pick up.”

Ol Dirty Bstrd

Nov 25, 2007
At least one of Rossi or Perfetti is likely to make us look stupid with this decision, but whatever. Let’s hope he becomes a dominant 40 goal sniper

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Love the pick. Wanted him followed closely by Rossi. Would have been happy with either guy.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
He's a one dimensional, non-200 foot player that we absolutely have to hitch to Hughes' wing in order for him to be successful. He's the type you trade back for, not take top 7.
Haven't watched him, huh?

He has a fantastic motor, great at the forecheck, has underrated playmaking(like Laine), and also great at entering the o-zone. Does all the little things and does them good. Started developing a physical game against men towards the second half last season too.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
For anyone melting down listen to the Steve Kournianos podcast on the Devils. He loves Holtz and sees him as better than Raymond. He convinced me he was a legit player. For the most part we have about four years before we have to worry about whether a kid will have an impact.

Reactions: Alex NJD

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
For anyone melting down listen to the Steve Kournianos podcast on the Devils. He loves Holtz and sees him as better than Raymond. He convinced me he was a legit player. For the most part we have about four years before we have to worry about whether a kid will have an impact.

link?

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
Great pick for a team that desperately needs scoring. I would've been OK with Rossi or Perfetti (or Askarov) as well, but zero complaints that they went in this direction. Honestly don't think they could've gone wrong with any of those four. Heading for one of the best pure goal scorers in the draft is never a bad decision imo.

Reactions: glenwo2

A Devils Fan

Nov 17, 2019
That was on Conte, remember the last 38 Euro players he drafted for us were all misses, all 38.
Holy crap, that is a hideous number.

Not a huge fan of this pick, but I think he'll still be a good player. Devils need scoring but Holtz seems a little one-dimensional considering Rossi and Perfetti were still on the board.

Normal Devil

Mar 16, 2014
I like the Holtz pick. Elite shot winger with soft hands and good hockey smarts. It makes a lot of sense for the Devils. Need a guy who wants to be a big time goal scorer.

Reactions: glenwo2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1