Prospect Info: Alex Nylander (2016, 8th) – '17-18: Rochester #92 (AHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
As far as I know he’s not even skating yet. It’s really a joke that he was supposed to be fine for training camp and here we are, nearly into November, and he’s not even skating.
Why is it a joke? If the guy is hurt, he needs to heal up and get right. You don't mess around with injuries, especially when it's one of your top prospects. I think people literally have no patience anymore with this team, and it's totally understandable ...

Reactions: HaNotsri

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
I don't believe anyone is saying to rush injuries, here.

The question is why are the details of Nylander's injury, like that of Bogosian, so secretive?

Now there may be a reason why they are, like with Okposo.

Point being until they announce (hopefully) that these are treatable short term injuries, we are going to think the worst, in all likelyhood.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Why is it a joke? If the guy is hurt, he needs to heal up and get right. You don't mess around with injuries, especially when it's one of your top prospects. I think people literally have no patience anymore with this team, and it's totally understandable ...
Don't you know laughter is the best medicine.

Reactions: muhmuhMatt

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
The joke is more of the either intentional misinformation given by the Sabres or by just being flat out wrong with the diagnosis.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
The secrecy surrounding hockey related Sabres injuries - Bogosian, Nylander - is unwarranted and an insult to fans. I get it if it's mental illness related or an illness to the player or family member but that's not what's going on here. These are hockey injuries, bones, joints, muscles and we as fans who support this team financially have a right to some information.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
The secrecy surrounding hockey related Sabres injuries - Bogosian, Nylander - is unwarranted and an insult to fans. I get it if it's mental illness related or an illness to the player or family member but that's not what's going on here. These are hockey injuries, bones, joints, muscles and we as fans who support this team financially have a right to some information.
I agree. Nylander and Malone were supposed to be back for camp. Not even close for either. Falk was supposed to be day to day. He’s been out for several weeks. Bogosian was also day to day. He’s been out for weeks and doesn’t appear any closer. I get being wrong about an injury here or there, but they’re intentionally misleading and I don’t like it.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Still wondering why the self-proclaimed beauties of the Buffalo sports press haven't dug into this more. Or even at all.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Nylander's extended absence indicates that it simply wasn't a bruise or mild grade LBI, like the staff had led on with their "precautionary" comments before medical downgraded him to week-to-week. It's been six weeks and that can still be on the early timeline for recovery from hip flexors, groins, knees, ankles, etc. I wouldn't expect to hear anything until he gets the go-ahead to start skating again with how they're relaying injury information.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
We pretty much have to assume he re-injured or re-aggravated something at this point, don't we? Especially when you throw in the whole "how were they able to send him down?" question.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
We pretty much have to assume he re-injured or re-aggravated something at this point, don't we? Especially when you throw in the whole "how were they able to send him down?" question.

I'm still thinking of the "are you ready" conversation printed in the article prior to the start of the rookie camp. In light of injury, it takes on a different tone than just is he prepared.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I was listenen to Hockey Central and they had a discussion about how some higher IQ players are better in the NHL than in the AHL. Mainly because your team mates know what they are doing in the show.
I believe Alex is going to one of those players. The quicker we can get him into the NHL the better. We need his playmaking ability and shot. I still think he is going to be a key winger fir us going forward.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I was listenen to Hockey Central and they had a discussion about how some higher IQ players are better in the NHL than in the AHL. Mainly because your team mates know what they are doing in the show.
I believe Alex is going to one of those players. The quicker we can get him into the NHL the better. We need his playmaking ability and shot. I still think he is going to be a key winger fir us going forward.

Well that sucks for him because the Sabres are clueless.

Reactions: 81818o8

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Alex needs to show he knows where to go and what to do before he returns for NHL action. Right now, the opportunity for advancement into the bigs is purely on his shoulders -- get healthy, get into the lineup, do what Tails asks and produce. Simple but not necessarily easy.

Reactions: Myers888

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
good news, hope he gets it together down there and we see him on the Sabres some time this season on Eichel's wing

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Based on the timing, this seems like it really might have been the dreaded high ankle sprain. If the Sabres didn't have bad luck...

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

The forward has spent the past 10 days practicing with the Americans since being hurt during a pre-training camp prospects tournament in Buffalo in early September.

Uh... he's been practicing for 10 days? And the news is from the AP? Isn't anyone from the Rochester D&C covering this team anymore? Or are their sports writers just paid to take pot shots at the Bills on Twitter these days?

Hoping we get a few more televised Amerks games in the 716.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad