Prospect Info: Alex Nylander (2016, 8th) – '17-18: Rochester #92 (AHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Last edited:

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
I don't think the amount of games he gets affects when his entry level deal ends, if that's what you're implying. He's on a pro contract playing pro hockey.

But sure, depending on how he plays in Rochester.

I know we have to go over this every year, but I think Nylanders contract can still slide as he is 19yo this year and it slid last year. see bolded from capfriendly:

What is an Entry Level Slide?
If a player who is signed to an entry-level contract and is 18 or 19 years of age (as of September 15 of the signing year), does not play in a minimum of 10 NHL games (including both regular season and playoffs; AHL games do not count), their contract is considered to "slide", or extend, by one year. For example, if a player signed an ELC for three seasons from 2015-16 to 2017-2018, and their contract slides, their contract is now effective from 2016-17 to 2018-19. An exception to this rule is that if the player is 19 on September 15 of the first year of their contract, and turns 20 between September 16 and December 31, their contract does not slide.

Players who sign at 18 years old are eligible to have their contracted extended for 2 seasons. This extension does not apply if the player turns 20 between September 16 and December 31 in his signing year. Signing bonuses do not slide, and are paid to the player regardless of a slide, this causes the annual average of the players contract to change, and therefore the cap hit decreases for this player.

Reactions: russ4king

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Looking at how well Pominville's game meshes with Eichel, I think Nylander has a future on Eichel's LW. He plays a similar game, both with and without the puck.

This opinion comes at you from someone who wanted Sergachev, McAvoy, or Chychrun.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Tails says he's close but they are taking it extremely cautiously so that he doesn't wind up out long term.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Might be a knee, but the possibility of a groin strain and trying not to turn it into something that requires surgery or more time off was my thought, based on timing and timeline. I'd love to know, but no one is asking that question near anyone who can answer it truthfully.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Might be a knee, but the possibility of a groin strain and trying not to turn it into something that requires surgery or more time off was my thought, based on timing and timeline. I'd love to know, but no one is asking that question near anyone who can answer it truthfully.

Is the team more secretive this year with injuries? Or is the press doing a poor job chasing down the info? Or a little of both?

It just seems like the team has been very sparse with injury info.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I think it's that there are degrees of being injured. That is, a guy can be able to pass a physical, but not necessarily be in playing condition.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Is the team more secretive this year with injuries? Or is the press doing a poor job chasing down the info? Or a little of both?

It just seems like the team has been very sparse with injury info.

I listen to the pressers and I never hear the actual pointed question being asked. If the team is obtuse, hey, that's their choice. But the number of times people don't ask a good followup question in those things is counted by factors.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Eff the Sabres and their secretive ways. It's over a month since Nylander disappeared and not one word about what's wrong with him. Is he practicing with the Amerks yet?

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
The mention of his name in Friedman's article was conspicuous. I expect a name like Reinhart to be floating around: slow start in terms of counting numbers, no set position, etc. But for Friedman to mention Nylander suggests to me that he knows his name is out there. And it sounds like the Sabres, and other teams, want to see him back on the ice, perhaps to gauge where he is and what his value may look like at this stage.

Deleted member 27798

Any word at all on Nylander? How long since he was hurt...6-7 weeks ago? Is he even practicing with the Amerks?

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Hope he gets better from his lower body injury soon, hasn't made any social media updates last month. One of the few interesting things this season would be to follow his progress.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
As far as I know he’s not even skating yet. It’s really a joke that he was supposed to be fine for training camp and here we are, nearly into November, and he’s not even skating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad