Player Discussion Alex Galchenyuk - **Please READ MOD WARNINGS In First Post Before Posting***

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Except, it's not.

A girl has the right to dress provocatively without getting raped.

And he has the right to cheat on his girlfriend (not saying he did) without her getting violent.

It's kind of messed up that you don't consider domestic violence as "extreme"... She gave him a bloody nose. People who do that usually have done stuff like that before.

This is victim blaming 101.

"I think she's responsible for being assaulted...it just means I think she's responsible, as a professional athlete to dictate where her career goes and making the right decisions off-the-ice, is a part of that"

All I did was switch him to her.

Agreed with you both. I find it disturbing that some do not understand this simple concept. Just because the victim happens to be involved in a story like this doesn't mean that the victim should be blamed as well. And just because the victim could have done things to prevent the situation doesn't mean that he is to be blamed for the criminal actions of another.

It's easy to blame Galchenyuk though when we are not the ones in his shoes.

ashtraygirl

Nov 22, 2008
Montreal
I'm most concerned about the fact that Galchenyuk is living in a hotel room. Does that give anyone else the impression that he doesn't plan on being here long term?

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Dunno why people are arguing about this. Yes it's better that at this point Galchenyuk hasn't been accused of assault, but still there's an early morning domestic abuse scandal and police were called to Galchenyuk's place. That's not good, especially in Montreal. Reflects poorly on him no matter what the story is. Maybe it's not fair but that's the way it goes with scandals.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
I'll just add one last thing. If people ever wondered why Gallagher was "long-termed" and Galchenyuk was "transitioned" there is your answer.

If your answer is "duh because he got punched in the face?!?!1! You need to search harder.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
I'm most concerned about the fact that Galchenyuk is living in a hotel room. Does that give anyone else the impression that he doesn't plan on being here long term?

I guess you didn't know there are residential areas in the Ritz hotel that are available for purchase and have separate entrances

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

From RDS.ca:

"Les événements seraient survenus dans l'appartement du joueur américain, situé dans un immeuble de la rue Sherbrooke Ouest."

Where does living in a hotel room come from?

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I suggest everyone read the Mod Warnings. Consistent violations will result in threadbans or the closing of the Thread

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec

Where does it say he lives in a hotel? I'm guessing he lives in an Old Montreal penthouse like every other young rich and single Habs player.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Nobody knows ANYTHING about what happened here folks. The girl hasn't even been charged. All kinds of assumptions are getting thrown around about Chuck and this girl. For Pete's sakes guys...

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
This whole story is ridiculous. Habs are on a losing streak. Fans and media expect every player to run home and hide like hermits until the next winning streak.

The facts: After Saturday's loss, Habs don't play until Thursday and didn't practice the next day.

Galchenyuk, IMO, having a get-together or letting a friend crash over after a few drinks to unwind post Saturday night loss is actually being responsible choosing that night, of all nights, to unwind.

No commitment for Sunday with the team and plenty of time to be in game shape for Thursday.

Girlfriend gets arrested for allegedly going a little off the handle on Sunday morning and now this thing gets blown into having been a party (sounds like a frat happening à la Animal House from some accounts), suggestions that Galchenyuk may have been caught with another girl by his Girlfriend, allusions to DSP being a guilty culprit (of what is absolutely unclear but, he's guilty, dammit), etc.

Some people have no life (or rather, don't think Galchenyuk should have one) and the media certainly is preying on an avid fan base by making this news a top headline so they can generate traffic on the web, sell print pieces or get TV and radio ratings.

Give me any suspicion of foul play on Galchenyuk or DSP's part by the police, of drug use, alcohol and minors being present, assault, etc. and all speculations are fair game until a statement from the source is made. Criminal accusations fall in the public forum.

What Galchenyuk did in private, as long as it was legal, doesn't. Hey teachers, leave the kid alone...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Given the amount of deleted posts and threadbans, this thread's closed for now. We'll re-open when this story has cooled off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad