Player Discussion Alex Galchenyuk - **Please READ MOD WARNINGS In First Post Before Posting***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Can we all take a breather...

HE called the cops, he was trying to be responsible about the situation.

*Puts on tinfoil hat*

I think Bergevin actually hired chuckys girl to do this to take some of the heat off the habs for playing so badly..

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Yup, im sure she acted this way because she was just being herself. Nothing to do with her BF's behaviour.

Anyway, no matter what's said, those who worship at the alter of over payed athlètes, will never agree. So im gonna move on.

Good. Because that's not whats happened here. He is the victim in this situation. Its you that is demonizing the victim in this case assuming that he is responsible and liable for being the victim of a domestic assault.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Oh, I understand very well that, no matter the dodges and linguistic tricks, what you are is essentially victim blaming. One is seen as having committed a crime, or at the very least suspected of, and yet your "optics" makes you focus on the one who hasn't done anything of the sort? Yeah, victim blaming 101.

So yeah, "oh boy", because I'm speechless that someone can say that and defend this with "Oh, it's the optics."

Again, you don't seem to understand what the word "optics" mean

Even though, this very discussion, illustrates it perfectly.

also, I didn't blame Galchenyuk for getting punched in the nose...

I do blame him for not making better decisions leading up to that incident.

This could have been avoided...he's 21yrs old, it's part of the learning and maturing process.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
For her? Sure. For him? No...

Well, it doesn't look very professional for Galchenyuk (and DSP).

Not saying ship him out. Not saying he did something illegal.

It just looks unprofessional.

You can bet MY ass that if I were a pro hockey player, I'd party a lot and you would never hear about it.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
What I'm saying, is what I've been saying all along.

Optically, this reflects poorly on Galchenyuk and by extension, the Montreal Canadiens

Not sure how you can deny this? It's the 'sujet du jour' right now, it's being talked all over the news in Montreal.

THOSE are optics...

IF Galchenyuk had decided to just have a quiet night or even cut the party short and send everyone home....this would of never happened.

Fair or not, thats the reality.

Wrong. This could have happened anywhere, at anytime. The place and time doesnt matter. You can have a jealous gf and get assault anywhere, anytime and in any situations.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
*Puts on tinfoil hat*

I think Bergevin actually hired chuckys girl to do this to take some of the heat off the habs for playing so badly..

That almost makes too much sense. It will also help Therrien because now he can keep Galchenyuk's minutes down and talk about making him a better person. :laugh:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Actually, I like that. Assuming that he indeed cheated on her, he certainly didn't do himself any favours. I don't disagree with that obvious notion.

However, again, that is still very much different than the notion that he is at fault or accountable for his gf assaulting him. No immoral behaviour warrants criminal activity. We wouldn't be saying this if the roles were reversed. Galchenyuk banging other girls wouldn't have been much of an issue if his gf hadn't assaulted him to the point that the intervention of cops were necessary.

I NEVER said that Galchenyuk is at fault for his GF assaulting him

You and others jumped to that conclusion on your own doing.

I've been consistent with what I said, that optically, it doesn't look good on AG/Habs and for THAT, he IS responsible.

His GF choosing to assault him was her own decisions and that's another story.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
You're basically accusing him of having a jaleous girlfriend and say that he's at fault of the bad image because he could have avoid the situation if he didn't have a party at his house, something absolutely normal or having a gf.

Seriously, tell me, is it ok to have a party at your house. Is it ok to have a gf? I guess your are smart enough to answer yes to those questions. So what could Galchenyuk have done in your opinion to AVOID, like you said, the situations he's in. And he is really a fault for not doing that?

I'm accusing him of having a jealous girlfriend? I did no such thing

Again, you guys are the one's jumping to conclusions, I haven't faulted AG for anything other than being in the middle of an unfortunate situation, a situation which was not random, it's a situation that he could of handed differently (not the being assaulted part)

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
For her, him and the Montreal Canadiens....

Not sure how anyone can deny this....apparently, none of you have been following the news today.

The only reason it reflects badly on Galchenyuk is because people are dumb and somehow put blame on him for being assaulted by his girlfriend.

Well, it doesn't look very professional for Galchenyuk (and DSP).

That will be Marc Bergevin's call, not ours. I'm not going to make any judgment of something I didn't witness and have no information about. Neither should all of you.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

I've been consistent with what I said, that optically, it doesn't look good on AG/Habs and for THAT, he IS responsible.

call me crazy all you want but, even after reafing about it, my opinion of Galchenyuk and the Habs did not change one iota in the last 24H!

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Wrong. This could have happened anywhere, at anytime. The place and time doesnt matter. You can have a jealous gf and get assault anywhere, anytime and in any situations.

it didn't happen anywhere, anytime or any place.

This was NOT a random incident lol...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

This could have been avoided...he's 21yrs old, it's part of the learning and maturing process.

People forget that pretty quick when is comes to his role/minutes.

People expected him to be put at center and play 18-19 minutes...I said last year, when you move him from LW to C you have to cut his minutes and play him in an easier role. That's what's happened. that's why he gets 60+% offensive zone starts.

For example, on Saturday, you don't want him against Crosby and Malkin all night...won't be good for him or his confidence.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Well the optics DO look bad lol....not sure how anyone can deny this?

Are the Habs not having to deal with an off-ice issue which has nothing to do with the team and is all negative?

Yes or no?

And is Alex Galchenyuk not at the root of this story?

Yes or no?

If you answered yes to either or both of those questions....

Then you agree, the optics (which have nothing to do with criminal or maybe even moral culpability) do NOT look good.

The only way he's related to this story is that he's the victim.

No one here is really focusing on that part. Except maybe for you.

That's the problem.

What I'm saying, is what I've been saying all along.

Optically, this reflects poorly on Galchenyuk and by extension, the Montreal Canadiens

Not sure how you can deny this? It's the 'sujet du jour' right now, it's being talked all over the news in Montreal.

THOSE are optics...

IF Galchenyuk had decided to just have a quiet night or even cut the party short and send everyone home....this would of never happened.

Fair or not, thats the reality.

He COULD have done this, he COULD have done that.

At the end of the day, you're putting blame on him for being the victim in this case.

Are you listening to yourself? "She shouldn't have gone to that random party... She shouldn't have worn a skirt... She could have avoided it... "

What he does on his own time is not relevant to the situation. He was attacked by his jealous girlfriend, and it was bad enough for police to be called. That's the story. The girlfriend is the story.

The only reason it isn't is because people are trying to make this into the story they WANT it to be.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
It's too bad Desharnais never gets into these sort of scandals. I imagine him curled up at the foot of Therrien's bed at night, like a gently snoring golden retriever.

I worry this could be bad for Galch, the clowns MB&MT need a scapegoat right now.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The only reason it reflects badly on Galchenyuk is because people are dumb and somehow put blame on him for being assaulted by his girlfriend.

nevertheless...it doesn't change anything I said.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Apparently Galchenyuk is a VERY deep sleeper. Thought the party was over and went to bed. Girlfriend punched him thinking he was unconscious and trying to revive him at 8:00 am so they could go to church together. He was exhausted from the 11:35 of playing time on Saturday night and needed a good night sleep to recover to be at his best for the game on Thursday.

All a big misunderstanding... :sarcasm:

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010

And you don't see the contradiction between the two? If Galchenyuk is not responsible for the assault, he isn't responsible for the "optics", his girlfriend is. He is the victim. It's that simple.

Wording matters. Now, if you said that Galchenyuk's profile is the reason for the "optics" then sure, that's obvious and reasonable. But your constant use of the words "responsible" is a very poor at best.

BigMacAttack*

Nov 15, 2015
It's too bad Desharnais never gets into these sort of scandals. I imagine him curled up at the foot of Therrien's bed at night, like a gently snoring golden retriever.

I worry this could be bad for Galch, the clowns MB&MT need a scapegoat right now.

Even if he did the french media would try to cover it up or act like it's nothing.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
And you don't see the contradiction between the two? If Galchenyuk is not responsible for the assault, he isn't responsible for the "optics", his girlfriend is. He is the victim. It's that simple.

Working matters. Now, if you said that Galchenyuk's profile is the reason for the "optics" then sure, that's obvious and reasonable. But your constant use of the words "responsible" is a very poor at best.

As is saying he could have done things differently and avoided this whole situation altogether.

It's like when a girl is sexually assaulted and you hear crap like "well, she shouldn't have been drinking... she shouldn't have been dressed that way... it's not her fault, but, if she was more responsible maybe it wouldn't have happened... "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad