Blow this team up already!

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
I'm not saying it's impossible. The return will be non existent. The only thing it creates is cap space which is coming in 1 year anyways.

Im fed up with these "we should trade marner for a top dman" idiotic posts. Maybe you get a pick and a prospect YEARS from being nhl players if that.
I never mentioned anything about the return and thank you for agreeing with my original and only point i was making.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
guys relax lol, it's coming

this is the last year of this, that is 100% for certain

they're gonna get blown out 6-0 in game 5 and that is for sure. Then, this new CEO guy or whoever will show his face and sweep out the trash

Shanahan is gone, Keefe is gone.. no doubts.

Don't know about Treliving, but he could be gone too, let's see

As far as on the ice, it's going to look a lot different next year. Only Matthews is untouchable whether anyone likes it or not... regular season hero playoff bust for sure but he sells tickets so...

Samsonov is a flake, he'll be forgotten by the entire league by next season....probably his last season in the NHL... Tavares at least tries and is still an intelligent guy and has integrity so he'll likely be spared for next year and with his contract it's not like they have a choice anyways... Marner and Nylander are both good trade chips so they'll look at those guys as well. One or both of them are gone

Then you get down to Domi, Reaves and Bertuzzi who are all sh*t disturbers which is what every team needs but when you only have 2 or 3 of them and the rest of the team are snowflakes like this team is then it's a no-win situation. This roster doesn't gel, they don't mix, there are too many liberal butterflies and no-namers for anything to happen. They aren't "almost there", they aren't "close", they are as far off as any other loser team in winning a championship. They are honestly no better off than they were during the Antropov/Blake/whoever else days.

It's over, they need all need to be separated and moved on. This was evident years ago but apparently these guys sell tickets for the team in the regular season so they keep them around because they generate big money for the corporation. But after this playoff series even the corporation realises they've milked these cows for every last drop and that last drop comes on Monday night.

It's going to be one gigantic spring and summer cleaning, book it
I hope you’re right but I have a bad feeling they’re gonna play dumb and sell everyone the bs that merely changing the coaching staff will be the key to glory.
They’ll probably get a few to take that bait but I believe the majority see how widespread the rot is.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
I hope you’re right but I have a bad feeling they’re gonna play dumb and sell everyone the bs that merely changing the coaching staff will be the key to glory.
They’ll probably get a few to take that bait but I believe the majority see how widespread the rot is.
the problem is these a lot of these fakers on the team have been selling regular saeason tickets like nylander/marner etc... I like Matthews but man is he ever a bust come playoff time, the guy is totally useless come April but he sells tickets in the regular season as well. Tavares still delivers in the playoffs I don't get all the hate on this guy but whatever.

The bad news about this franchise is that as long as these players can keep selling tickets in the regular season then they have to keep them in order to keep driving profits.

So in that case yeah these 4 "top" guys could all be back but like I said it previous posts I don't see that at all. Some of those guys are gone. 100%. This is over. At some point you have to move on, life goes on.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
How do we blow it up tho?

The core is locked in, except for marner. The time to do it was last year after the playoffs.
Matthews and Nylander are locked in.

Tavares and marner will walk in a year. Or best case scenario trades for a few prospects picks.

Only player with trade value they should move is Reilly maybe for a goalie.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
the problem is these a lot of these fakers on the team have been selling regular saeason tickets like nylander/marner etc... I like Matthews but man is he ever a bust come playoff time, the guy is totally useless come April but he sells tickets in the regular season as well. Tavares still delivers in the playoffs I don't get all the hate on this guy but whatever.

The bad news about this franchise is that as long as these players can keep selling tickets in the regular season then they have to keep them in order to keep driving profits.

So in that case yeah these 4 "top" guys could all be back but like I said it previous posts I don't see that at all. Some of those guys are gone. 100%. This is over. At some point you have to move on, life goes on.
I don’t know that they need them to sell tickets I think the laws of supply and demand are in their favour. They might take a merchandise hit though.

I’m with you. I climbed aboard the change train years ago. Still waiting for it to leave the station but I’m relieved to know the answer is coming next year.
Just hope I like it.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
If we get rid of Marner, that frees up $11M. JT goes away in a year and that's another $10M+.

Matthews, Rielly and Nylander are a heck of a core. Use the money to bring in some tough pit bull players with talent - we have WAY too much finesse on this team. Do that and we'll be more than fine.

Last edited:

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Blowing it up is essentially letting Marner and Tavares walk and freeing up $20M+ in capspace for players that actually are going to take winning seriously instead of cashing cheques for their Lake Rosseau / Joseph cottage boathouses they're planning on renovating.

Nylander and Matthews are unfortunately lost causes but we can start to brighten up our future without the aforementioned,

Reactions: ORRFForever

ThrowDemTongs

kid named jeff finger
Mar 21, 2013
Coquitlam, BC
Blowing it up is essentially letting Marner and Tavares walk and freeing up $20M+ in capspace for players that actually are going to take winning seriously instead of cashing cheques for their Lake Rosseau / Joseph cottage boathouses they're planning on renovating.

Nylander and Matthews are unfortunately lost causes but we can start to brighten up our future without the aforementioned,
Hey, you take that back about Rosseau Lake! I went to RLC!

Also:

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
How do we blow it up tho?

The core is locked in, except for marner. The time to do it was last year after the playoffs.
Do people really want to get rid of Matthews and Nylander? They are the 2 locked in.

Matthews is a lost cause now? lol

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
If we get rid of Marner, that frees up $11M. JT goes away in a year and that's another $10M+.

Matthews, Rielly and Nylander are a heck of a core. Use the money to bring in some tough pit bull players with talent - we have WAY too much finesse on this team. Do that and we'll be more than fine.
Rielly is 30 already, might only be 1 or 2 more years before he loses a step.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
That's my opinion as well. Now that Nylander is locked in, I think the only solution is to let Tavares' contract expire and use his salary to shore up the team. And I'd like to see these three guys (Matthews, Marner and Nylander) with an experienced coach, preferably a defensive coach like Gallant, who isn't spending every moment trying to mind-f*** his own players to assert some sort of dominance.

This core has had two coaches in the NHL. One was an asshole who got fired less than a week after being hired because he HAD to show his dominance over the players, and the other was a newbie who was expected to learn on the job and never has. How about we get a defensive coach who is willing to put some boots to asses when the players hotdog it like they do periodically under the current moron?
Gallant, yes
But I would also ask Marner to waive his NTC

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Matthews has done nothing in the playoffs.

It's a fact.

Marchand and Pastrnak are literally showing him what it takes to be a player in this league who want to win.

Unfortunately Matthews just wants to get regular season points, Uber Eats commercials, and capspace.
He scored the game winner in game 2.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Gallant, yes
But I would also ask Marner to waive his NTC
The problem is shanahan. As long as he is leaf’s president, the most you’re going to see is a keefe firing. Shanahan is a political guy who coddles to his stars. Dare I say it, Brian burke would be a better president right now then shanny. Burke isn’t afraid to put on the a**h*le pants on

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad