Prospect Info: Albany Devils and ECHL talk offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Albany wins 3-2 in OT @Springfield.

Sexton, Camper, Kujo with goals. Pelley, Pietila, Thomson, MacDonald, Ward with helpers.

Appleby stops 33 of 35.

Dev's out shoot Springfield 37-35.

Mozik 6 sog, Scarlett 4 sog. Sexton Kujo Gormley each with 3.

Albany get's it done with a skeleton crew.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Sexton, Camper, Kujo with goals. Pelley, Pietila, Thomson, MacDonald, Ward with helpers.

Appleby stops 33 of 35.

They are so banged up that they had (4) PTOs in their lineup last night, and still won.
https://lscluster.hockeytech.com/ga...me-report.php?client_code=ahl&game_id=1016420

Highlights:
http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/video/springfield-thunderbirds-vs-albany-devils/16406

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Solid goaltending. I think we might have something Appleby.

He has a .930 SV% right now.

Top4 in the AHL right now. Not too bad for a 21 year old. I hope he can keep this up, it would be great to have some organizational depth at G.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013

Appleby stops 33 of 35.

Glad to see Kujawinski healthy and contributing

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Solid goaltending. I think we might have something Appleby.

He has a .930 SV% right now.

I agree Jim.

He slipped through the cracks and was a late bloomer.

Good to see Kuja finally healthy and driving play to the net.

Sexton is a quality AHL forward but not much NHL potential other than an emergency callup.

JQ missed last game due to illness.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Interesting anomaly regarding Appleby, or at least the name of.

But on Hockey DB there are 9 Appleby's listed. 2 do not have their positions designated. Only 1 is a fwd, 2 are d-men, the other 4 are goalies.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Currently the 2nd most intriguing prospect amongst active Albany fwd's.

In light of the injuries and callups around him, this is a big oppurtunity for Kujo.

I hope he takes advantage of it. I've had hopes of him becoming a bottom6 forward for the big club but thought it would take him a few AHL developmental years. Hopefully he can seize the opportunity now and build on it next year with an eye on competing for the roster in '18-'19.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I hope he takes advantage of it. I've had hopes of him becoming a bottom6 forward for the big club but thought it would take him a few AHL developmental years. Hopefully he can seize the opportunity now and build on it next year with an eye on competing for the roster in '18-'19.

Bit of an engima imo. His highlights can be rather impressive, while his stat line not so much. Still only 21, but needs to assert himself soon if we are to consider him a legit prospect.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Bit of an engima imo. His highlights can be rather impressive, while his stat line not so much. Still only 21, but needs to assert himself soon if we are to consider him a legit prospect.

He seems to have all the tools and I remember scouting reports/articles referring to him as the overused 'best player on the ice' a lot in juniors. With his size and skill the potential is there, the Devils have to develop him properly.

Given the team's sudden organizational depth of potential middle6 forwards, I'd be satisfied if he can become a very reliable 4C who can move up in certain situations if necessary. 2013 draft gave the Devils Schneider, Santini, and Wood. I'd like to see one more.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
3-2 OT loss to Springfield last night.

Held a 22-10 shot advantage after 2. Held a 1-0 lead after 1, a 2-1 lead after 2. Were out shot 8-3 in the 3rd, goal scored at 19:08. Springfield then scores on first shot of OT.

Blackwood in net stops 16 of 19.

MacDonald and Sexton with the goals. Novak Gormley and Camper with helpers.

Guys by name of Ty Loney, Tylor Spink, and Brian Ward in the lineup.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
3-2 OT loss to Springfield last night.

Held a 22-10 shot advantage after 2. Held a 1-0 lead after 1, a 2-1 lead after 2. Were out shot 8-3 in the 3rd, goal scored at 19:08. Springfield then scores on first shot of OT.

Blackwood in net stops 16 of 19.

MacDonald and Sexton with the goals. Novak Gormley and Camper with helpers.

Guys by name of Ty Loney, Tylor Spink, and Brian Ward in the lineup.

They will try to tread water with a depleted lineup due to injuries, illness and callus to NJD.

MikeF

Feb 27, 2002
Troy NY
Visit site
5 ECHL players in the lineup and the team played a real solid game on the road tonight. Kowalsky does such a great job with this team. Sexton had 2 more goals. Now up to 13 on the season.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Also good to see Josh Jacobs with in the lineup with 3 shots.

After sitting a good portion of the games early in the season, he's been getting a consistent spot in the lineup of late.

21 games on the season, a little over a shot per game. And +1. Only 3 a's as far as points go, but I was not expecting much offense from Jacobs, especially as a first year pro.

I've certainly seen some "highlights" where I think "wtf are you doing?" but as long as he is in the lineup, I will not go writing Jacobs off as prospect. Way too early in the process for that.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Another win for Appleby tonight against Binghamton.

A-Dev's outshoot the B-sens 34-23 powered by a 20-9 2nd period.

Sexton nets 2, Gormley gets the 3rd and add's an assist as well. Camper with 2 a's. ECHL'r Ty Loney also with an assist.

As far as how the "prospects" did in the game. Appleby get's the W stopping 21 of 23. As noted Jacob's with 3 sog's, same for Kujo, Thomson with 4. Pietila with a quiet night with only 1 sog on his ledger.

A-dev's continue to benefit from a crappy division. Binghamton is one of the worst teams in the league.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
A-Dev's outshoot the B-sens 34-23 powered by a 20-9 2nd period.

Sexton nets 2, Gormley gets the 3rd and add's an assist as well. Camper with 2 a's. ECHL'r Ty Loney also with an assist.

As far as how the "prospects" did in the game. Appleby get's the W stopping 21 of 23. As noted Jacob's with 3 sog's, same for Kujo, Thomson with 4. Pietila with a quiet night with only 1 sog on his ledger.

A-dev's continue to benefit from a crappy division. Binghamton is one of the worst teams in the league.

Is Brylin the mastermind behind this PP?
http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/video/binghamton-senators-vs-albany-devils/16431

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Tough game against Syracuse tonight....Just got to shutdown the Crunch leading scorer Matt Taormina :)

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Just an update on how this year's team compares to last:

2016-17 Alb Devils pace:
90 points, +14 goal diff, in a ****** division

2015-16 Alb Devils:
102 points, +45 goal diff, in a highly competitive division

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events