Prospect Info: Albany Devils and ECHL talk offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
What are contract status of Lorito and Mozik?

Mozik is signed for next year. Lorito was on an AHL contract the parameters of which are never clear but I believe that when AHL contracts lapse for an RFA aged player a team has a right to match any other contract offer that player gets. I assume Lorito will have an NHL contract next year.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
For what it's worth, I was checking through Albany's early season box scores and Coleman was playing pretty much every night right out of the gate. I think he had one night off in the first 15 games.

It wasn't until about game 6 that he registered his first point, so he did get rolling after that.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
For what it's worth, I was checking through Albany's early season box scores and Coleman was playing pretty much every night right out of the gate. I think he had one night off in the first 15 games.

It wasn't until about game 6 that he registered his first point, so he did get rolling after that.

That is not right. Coleman separated his shoulder on Albany's 19th game of the season he played 14.

He didn't play on
October 18th vs Toronto - Albany's 3rd game
October 23rd vs Portland - Albany's 4th game
October 25th vs Binghamton - Albany's 6th game

I actually thought those 3 of 8 in October were to start the season but they were slightly after after the start.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
That is not right. Coleman separated his shoulder on Albany's 19th game of the season he played 14.

He didn't play on
October 18th vs Toronto - Albany's 3rd game
October 23rd vs Portland - Albany's 4th game
October 25th vs Binghamton - Albany's 6th game

I actually thought those 3 of 8 in October were to start the season but they were slightly after after the start.

Just the same, he started opening night, but really didn't get going until 6 games in.

And it is a pain in the arse flipping through box scores, so don't trust me fully here, I'm pretty sure only one his points were on the PP.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Just the same, he started opening night, but really didn't get going until 6 games in.

And it is a pain in the arse flipping through box scores, so don't trust me fully here, I'm pretty sure only one his points were on the PP.

He was being played in a bottom 6 role early on. Some of it was on the LW and some was at center as well. He didn't start producing until he was in a top 6 center role.

Albany also didn't start well. They were 1-3 to start the season.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
He was being played in a bottom 6 role early on. Some of it was on the LW and some was at center as well. He didn't start producing until he was in a top 6 center role.

Albany also didn't start well. They were 1-3 to start the season.

Aight, that's fine, a different story line, but still reasonable

And one that I think relates to a lot of these debates as well. Q for instance was on that 2nd line. If he were more often on a line with Patrick and Hawryluk, and thus put up more points, would we then be more excited about his progress?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
But back to Coleman, if the choice is between Coleman as a top 6 in Albany, or bringing back the likes of O'Brien or O'neil? Easy choice imo.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
wow jan mandats statline isn't bad at all, granted he's 19, but still

Eh, hovering around a PPG and fourth on your team in scoring as a 20-year old is not very impressive. He turns 21 in November. But I guess you can't complain given that he's on an AHL contract.

A couple of Mandat's teammates were top scorers in the league. Let's get Anthony Beauregard on an AHL deal too.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Eh, hovering around a PPG and fourth on your team in scoring as a 20-year old is not very impressive. He turns 21 in November. But I guess you can't complain given that he's on an AHL contract.

A couple of Mandat's teammates were top scorers in the league. Let's get Anthony Beauregard on an AHL deal too.

Yes, that would excite me.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Does Blackwood have to return to the OHL next year or is Albany an option?

Assuming he's in the OHL, would the Devils re-sign Yann Danis and pair him with whoever doesn't get the NJ backup spot (Kinkaid or Wedge) or does Appleby get a shot at the AHL?

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
Does Blackwood have to return to the OHL next year or is Albany an option?

Assuming he's in the OHL, would the Devils re-sign Yann Danis and pair him with whoever doesn't get the NJ backup spot (Kinkaid or Wedge) or does Appleby get a shot at the AHL?

He has to return to the OHL. I think we'll re-sign Danis as having only four goalies is risky business.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
He has to return to the OHL. I think we'll re-sign Danis as having only four goalies is risky business.

He does not have to return to the OHL - he turns 20 before December 31 and is therefore eligible for the AHL.

I think they'll sign a veteran goalie and leave Blackwood in the OHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad