Player Discussion Alain Vigneault Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
If after what 4 ****ing years, the team is losing people in the slot, either guys are clueless or the system sucks,

I don’t think our D corps is especially great on the defensive side of the puck, but AV’s man to man scheme is probably the worst strategy any team employs. It’s not only needlessly complicated and difficult to execute, but it also doesn’t cater to our personnel at all. The fact that it’s still being used is inexcusable.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I don’t think our D corps is especially great on the defensive side of the puck, but AV’s man to man scheme is probably the worst strategy any team employs. It’s not only needlessly complicated and difficult to execute, but it also doesn’t cater to our personnel at all. The fact that it’s still being used is inexcusable.
In my opinion you do not need a great group of defensemen to be at least not-abhorrent defensively. My concern with ditching AV is not whether or not our defense would improve, but how the offense would be affected.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
If we replace AV (God Please) I would love to try and get Sheldon Keefe in the offseason, just try to deal with Ruff for the rest of the year

Reactions: leetch99

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
In my opinion you do not need a great group of defensemen to be at least not-abhorrent defensively. My concern with ditching AV is not whether or not our defense would improve, but how the offense would be affected.
I'm willing to risk it. As today demonstrated, You can't play run and gun hockey against teams that have more talented forwards than you do.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
AV is in a really tough place right now. The team isn't giving enough effort. As a amateur coach you can send messages but for NHL pros his hands are mostly tied. I once cut my rotation down to 7 guys to send a message after we were down 4-0. We would only rotate 1 guy on defense and 1 on offense. I benched 3 defensemen and 8 forwards and it worked. We had a monster comeback to win that game 7-5. AV can not do something like that. I pissed some parents off but the kids that were benched mostly got excited and started cheering on their buddies.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Sadly i think he has to go. Defensive system doesn't work and to me it looks like he's lost the locker room.

What i don't want is to go back to Renney/Torts days where we grind out 2-1/1-0 wins.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Sadly i think he has to go. Defensive system doesn't work and to me it looks like he's lost the locker room.

What i don't want is to go back to Renney/Torts days where we grind out 2-1/1-0 wins.
I don't either. There has to be a happy medium, although part of the problem is personnel as well, which we have to acknowledge.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
Something is seriously rotten in that locker room... reading Uncle Larry's article and seeing Hank just rip into the team as he came into the game is all you need to know.

Something drastic has to happen

is there a link for this video? i must have missed it somehow

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I think our offensive system kinda sucks too. Our entire game plan is quick strike. So we never have the puck. It's a one and done game plan...you either score or you don't. This is why we bleed shots and chances against...our offensive game
Plan is to basically never have the puck on our stick. Also because of this plan the gaps between our forwards and defenseman are gigantic. This also kills us defensively.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes, @Inferno I`m all in here with that content and agree whole heartly. I almost dislike our offense at times - it`s basically chase the puck when we need possession since we can`t connect passes out of our own D zone to create something and to be honest it would look extremely dull and ineffective without a player like Grabner, but u can`t base your whole system on such players.

Last edited:

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
AV is in a really tough place right now. The team isn't giving enough effort. As a amateur coach you can send messages but for NHL pros his hands are mostly tied. I once cut my rotation down to 7 guys to send a message after we were down 4-0. We would only rotate 1 guy on defense and 1 on offense. I benched 3 defensemen and 8 forwards and it worked. We had a monster comeback to win that game 7-5. AV can not do something like that. I pissed some parents off but the kids that were benched mostly got excited and started cheering on their buddies.
The maddening part is that as long as this team gets some "good looks" it's all peachy with this coach.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I think our offensive system kinda sucks too. Our entire game plan is quick strike. So we never have the puck. It's a one and done game plan...you either score or you don't. This is why we bleed shots and chances against...our offensive game
Plan is to basically never have the puck on our stick. Also because of this plan the gaps between our forwards and defenseman are gigantic. This also kills us defensively.
If a team takes away our stretch pass, we lose. They have no plan B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce