Player Discussion Alain Vigneault Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
It must be a comfortable safe space to take the following viewpoints on the coach:

1. If the team is playing poorly/not winning games, its the coach's fault

2. If the team is winning games, its because either shooting % is reverting back to the mean or the goalies are bailing out the team.

Why even have a coach at all when they are only accountable for losing?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
If all fairness, it has long been pointed out that AV's system only seems to work with the goalie is playing at extremely high levels. If no world class goalie, there seems to be lots of failure.

False equivalency.

Teams that win championships or in general, irregardless of system, need a 'goalie is playing at extremely high levels."

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
AV's system is being offered via mail order for a limited time. The system comes with a three-DVD set. Thousands have applied his system and immediately found success. Just listen to the testimonials. Do you want to learn AV's system?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I’m still sticking to my original belief that AV is the best offensive coach in hockey. His offensive schemes are brilliant, but his defensive philosophy and structures are ass. They’ve gotten better with controlled breakouts and carry-ins because they revert back to their dmen and let them lead the rush, but the constant chasing and lack of neutral zone d has been my biggest complaint for four years now

Reactions: Riche16

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
If all fairness, it has long been pointed out that AV's system only seems to work with the goalie is playing at extremely high levels. If no world class goalie, there seems to be lots of failure.

Oh so you mean like virtually every other coach in the world?

AV's record as a head coach is extremely impressive, especially with the Rangers. Its not all on the goalie.

Reactions: bl02

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Oh so you mean like virtually every other coach in the world?

AV's record as a head coach is extremely impressive, especially with the Rangers. Its not all on the goalie.
AV's formative years as a head coach with the most amount of wins happen to come when he happens to have either the best or one of the very best goalies in the league. Virtually every other coach can tailor a way to help the goalie if his level of play is not the best.

BTW, I said nothing regarding his record as a head coach. I do however think that his success is predicated on his goalie to cover up all of the warts that his system produces.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
AV's formative years as a head coach with the most amount of wins happen to come when he happens to have either the best or one of the very best goalies in the league. Virtually every other coach can tailor a way to help the goalie if his level of play is not the best.

BTW, I said nothing regarding his record as a head coach. I do however think that his success is predicated on his goalie to cover up all of the warts that his system produces.

Given the amount of high danger shots against, I too believe this is the case

Reactions: Inferno

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Since AV's 1st season as Rangers coach, the Rangers are 1st in dFSV%, which is the save percentage of the team's goalies relative to the expected sv% at 0.9 of all unblocked shots. The next closest team is Chicago at 0.43. That's almost the difference between Chicago and NJ who is 14th at -0.04. That's incredible.

Reactions: Chimp

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
LA, Boston, Anaheim, NJD, Toronto before the christmas break, and our last couple of games are not too encouraging.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
This coach is an idiot I hope he doesn't plan on putting DD in Boo Nieves 4th line spot for tomorrow game.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
False equivalency.

Teams that win championships or in general, irregardless of system, need a 'goalie is playing at extremely high levels."
Plus we have won a good percentage of games with our backups (Talbot, Ranta) playing in games. Winning playoff games with bad goaltending is unusual.

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
I almost want this to be a start of a losing streak that will put AV back on the hot seat. Sick of seeing horrible defensive breakdowns and bone-headed plays like the Too Many Men penalty late in the 3rd.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
TMM is on anyone but the coach. Seriously
Anything to blame every single thing on this coach. He's got quite a few flaws but you know one thing I'm sure glad we didn't hire the great clown I mean Claude . If you watch any Montreal games you would know why. If he was our coach buchnevich wouldn't even be playing lol. Galchenyuk who's been playing really well got the least amount of ice time of any player in the game tonight haha.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I sometimes worry about the team coming out flat for games and our defensive system but overall AV has been one of the best Rangers coach in my lifetime. I have seen some poor coaches. I do not take AV for granted. He is a real professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad