Player Discussion Alain Vigneault Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Yeah true Miller & Zucc usually find each other though. And if Lias & Zucc is here next year - I would love to see Miller - Lias - Zucc line. ;)

Have a good weekend and day @NickyFotiu - I`ll be off for some hours and some errands here, but I`ll be back to puck drop later this evening! :)
I'm with you on JT with Zooks. They always play well together.

Good hockey talk. See you tonight. Have a fun day! :)

Reactions: Ori

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
AV had a Kampfer-type career. He respects that kind of player. I don't think that's a bad thing

You're right it's not bad, it's terrible. It's not his job to empathize with bad players who try real hard and remind him of his former untalented self. He owes it to the team paying him millions to play the best players not his favorites.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Or the reason why the 7th defenseman is playing is due to the fact that Smith has been playing like crap and deserves to sit.

Yes because AV aways recognizes struggling defensemen and adjusts their ice time or takes them out of the lineup.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
We`ve been in playoffs for 7 years - it`s a good year to miss the playoffs, but it all depends who they move before the window close.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
AV still not fired yet. Team has started to win in spite of him now and his job is becoming more secure. It's maddening.
They may be winning now, but I don't see him lasting past this season.

If the team misses the playoffs (a legit possibility) he will be gone for sure

Reactions: TheTakedown

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
AV had a Kampfer-type career. He respects that kind of player. I don't think that's a bad thing

Except it's a horrible thing because in the end he looks for "effort" and "toughness" from those players, and rewards those guys more than the skill guys because "skill guys are lazy".

I'm being hyperbolic, but you get what I am saying. He has a soft spot for guys who try hard, no matter the results they output on the ice. It's why Glass got such a long leash, it's why Girardi was force-fed minutes he couldn't take, it's why guys that had skill like Stempniak couldn't sniff the lineup.

It's great to respect work ethic, but if someone puts forth 10 times more effort for a lesser result than a guy who puts up less effort and still outputs a better result, you choose the latter...every.single.time.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Lol it's so annoying when your team wins games! Especially for the misery crowd.

Yep. That's exactly what I'm saying.

These nail biting wins are cause enough for some of you to lose the forest for the trees. AV wore out his welcome before the Ottawa series ended last spring and these wins in spite of his stubbornness and ineptitude are going to hurt us in the long run.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Or the reason why the 7th defenseman is playing is due to the fact that Smith has been playing like crap and deserves to sit.

We (I) fully get it, but 3 games though? Kampfer playing over him for the whole stretch? If this continues, I promise you it will be Kampfer that will cause us to add an L to our record soon.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
We (I) fully get it, but 3 games though? Kampfer playing over him for the whole stretch? If this continues, I promise you it will be Kampfer that will cause us to add an L to our record soon.

Smith didn't improve after he sat the first time and most coaches don't like to mess with the lineup after 3 wins in a row. Kampfer will come out for 1 of 3 reasons: he'll begin to look bad again: Smith will finally do what the coaching staff has been trying to get him to do: or the team loses a game and AV makes a couple of changes.

Kampfer has done nothing to move up the depth chart.

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
Yep. That's exactly what I'm saying.

These nail biting wins are cause enough for some of you to lose the forest for the trees. AV wore out his welcome before the Ottawa series ended last spring and these wins in spite of his stubbornness and ineptitude are going to hurt us in the long run.

Another devastating win for you last night. You poor thing, I know this sucks for you. I hope you're ok.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
While Smith is naturally more talented, I think it's pretty clear he came to camp out of shape, has looked indifferent out there for long stretches, and has found himself at the center of the shellackings the Rangers were taking early in the season.

I don't think anyone thinks Kampfer is a long term solution, but the guy is playing physically and holding his own out there while the Rangers win games lately.

Too many people around here that base their opinions on what they think will happen down the road rather than what's happening right now.

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
So now you're just outwardly trolling. Fair enough.

As you're outwardly rooting against the Rangers.

You're mad that the team is winning hockey games because you want to fire the coach and bring in a new coach so the team will win hockey games.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY

You're mad that the team is winning hockey games because you want to fire the coach and bring in a new coach so the team will win hockey games.

You're happy with the way AV handles this team and in-game situations? More power to you, then.

I would rather see my team win than lose any day, but these wins shouldn't be securing his job any further. Then again maybe that extension is what secured his job. I think this team would do and look exponentially better with a system that is better suited for today's game and for this team.

Last edited:

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017

I'm sorry, but that's just silly. No one ever is mad when their team is winning (aside from the tanksters in Pittsburgh when they need another generational talent).

Just because I or others want AV gone yesterday doesn't mean I won't be happy if we win.
I'm not expecting much to begin with with that gum chewing baboon behind the bench, so every win is really a bonus. But let's get real here, as someone has said, this team is winning despite the coach, and if you or any other fan wants the ultimate price (you know, winning it all) some changes need to be implemented and the coach is a REALLY good start to implement those changes.

AV has proven he can get lead a perennial "pretty good but just not there" team several times now, but it is changing into a "meh team that can beat anyone once in a while, let's hope we make the playoffs" sort of team.. and that's a pretty big step back.

And no, this isn't just on AV, but the lines and available player usage ARE on AV and it has been atrocious for the most part (not just this season; farewell Tanner).

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
I'm sorry, but that's just silly. No one ever is mad when their team is winning.

I think you should read more of the forum. People post their frustration when we win because they want AV fired.

I'm not in the love or hate AV camp...I'm in the 'you are your record' camp. As Bill Parcells always said, everything people say after they state your record is irrelevant. 'We coulda been this' or 'we shoulda won that' is just spin from the great unwashed.

If you see this roster (including this goaltender, not Hank from four years ago) and see a first place team I say bring in a new coach. I'm not sure I see a first place team regardless of who is coaching, but that's me. Your mileage may vary.

Either way the winning streak will not go on forever, sooner or later Gorton will hear too much noise, and AV will be gone. That's how it goes.

Then we'll be testing your theory that this roster is capable of so much more with a different coach.

I hope you're right...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad