Player Discussion Alain Vigneault Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
As you're outwardly rooting against the Rangers.

You're mad that the team is winning hockey games because you want to fire the coach and bring in a new coach so the team will win hockey games.

I don't remember you being a troll around here, but maybe I've struck a nerve somehow. You've already been corrected by multiple people, but to say that I'm outwardly rooting against the Rangers by suggesting that I think they are being held back by the stubbornness of their coach is just wrong. I'm rooting for the team to win, and I think the first step towards them winning more is to fire the coach.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
If you see this roster (including this goaltender, not Hank from four years ago) and see a first place team I say bring in a new coach. I'm not sure I see a first place team regardless of who is coaching, but that's me. Your mileage may vary.

I guess that's where the disagreement is. I don't see a contender this year at all, but I do see a guy that demoted DeAngelo, stumbles over himself to keep KZB apart, and continues to dress and play mediocre veteran defenseman who continue to hurt the team.

I see a roster in transition and I don't want AV directing the transition.

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
I guess that's where the disagreement is. I don't see a contender this year at all, but I do see a guy that demoted DeAngelo, stumbles over himself to keep KZB apart, and continues to dress and play mediocre veteran defenseman who continue to hurt the team.

I see a roster in transition and I don't want AV directing the transition.

If you don't see a contender this year at all I suppose the team's record is right where you expect it to be.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion regarding how players are deployed. Sounds like you have strong feelings regarding who should play where and you may be right...then again you may be wrong!

Totally subjective, you're opinion is just as valid as everyone else's opinion. Enjoy the game tonight.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
I agree, I have yet to see a person to say this roster is without flaws.

I am not saying, nor do I think the current roster is a contender. But it is better than what we saw in the past weeks, and the record reflects the inconsistencies which AV puts them into. As other have detailed a bit better. There are roster decisions and line ups that make you throw your head back, close your eyes and grunt "how much longer???".

And no, I likely CAN'T do better than AV. I'm not paid for anything Rangers related, but I'm a fan and it's in a fans nature to vent their frustration when they feel the team could be much better.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If you don't see a contender this year at all I suppose the team's record is right where you expect it to be.
I understand your points, but the question that should be asked by management is "Is AV a part of the future new core of this team"? If the answer is no, then he should go. I understand that he is a good coach (though for my money, his system has been bailed out by two all world goalies. But my main issue with him is that I do not believe that he puts his team into best position for success. As such, I do not believe that he is the man to to reign over the new core.

Reactions: haveandare

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Y’all do know the Rangers didn’t turtle last night, right? Bruins were blitzing with 5man rushes for the last 30 minutes and the Rangers tried to manage it and contain. They still forechecked and turned on pressure when they could. Bruin’s momentum last night got a push too from getting those powerplays late.

Edit: I almost wish this is what we did against Ottawa. That was f***ing turtling. They chased more then too which only made it worse.

Last edited:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yeah true @Mac n Gs the only positive was our pk - very strong, Zucc & Nash were excellent, and our goalie, 2 pts doesn`t hurt, and Vesey best game of the season. ZIB line is still hot though which is great.

We are going to have an awakning in the weekend - when NHL hockey players will visit us with McDavid & Leon, and Talbot. :)
We had a really good road game vs Tampa - our best of the season, but that`s about it, but we had Henrik & puck luck, lol.
Torts cursed stupid penalties a brief 1 minute interview against CBJ earlier 3 of them in the 3rd period, because we could not generate anything 5 v 5, haha.

Yeah, 40 min. turtle against good AHL players from Bruins, it feels bad, but I`m happy with 5 W, so hard to evaluate games properly, because we can play horrific at times, but Henrik was simply amazing last night.

Last edited:

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
One thing that is evident over the last 2 weeks is this team has not quit on AV. They had every opportunity to when the rumors began to swirl that he was on a game to game leash before the Vegas game.

Reactions: bl02

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
So he decides to demote Butch for what would be his reasoning??
AV there's the door now get out.

I don't think was even the worst thing he did in that game TBH. Columbus had basically a 20 minute powerplay in the second, and AV seemingly did nothing to try and adjust. The team were flat the whole game long. Sitting Buchnevich for reasons was just the icing on the shitty cake.

Reactions: ZiGOODejad

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
they were winning because 1 line was basically carrying them (on or off the power play)

now that line isnt scoring at will..so av has to throw buch on the 3rd or 4th because reasons.

and we suck again.
I agree with the first two paragraphs but would say re the third that most teams really are like that. One line gets hot and they win. It’s about finding the right matchup though. And I guess AV hasn’t done that enough. It’s pretty rare for an NHL team to completely dominate another. Coach got to find that sweet spot matchup and hope for some good bounces too. Is NHL the most parity league?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
they were winning because 1 line was basically carrying them (on or off the power play)

now that line isnt scoring at will..so av has to throw buch on the 3rd or 4th because reasons.

and we suck again.

They scored last game. I don't know what AV wants out of them. Do they have to score every game the team loses otherwise he'll change that line?

They weren't great today, but they weren't particularly bad. I don't think corsi is always a great measure, but Buchnevich lead the forwards and team in corsi, Zibanejad was third among forwards and fifth on the team, Kreider was fourth among forwards and sixth on the team, so they were doing okay with possession.

Last edited:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
AV finally hit with line combinations - maybe Lindy Ruff talked to AV before the weekend concerning responsibility to alter our defense structure to improve it! We almost looked like a new playoffs team and stanley cup contenders in both in pk and for a 60 min. defensive game last night! :)

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If they get 100+ pts he should probably win coach of the year.
if that happened 80 percent of this board would burn their computers. The horror some might have to admit he has some decent coaching abilities to go along with his flaws...I can't even imagine lol

Reactions: NickyFotiu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->