Player Discussion Alain Vigneault Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
You guys are being really petty about the Nash/Broadway hat thing. Come on. The NHL has been around for a hundred years and only ~300 players have played in a thousand games. Of course he's getting the hat.

With all of the horrendous play and coaching this year, this is the last thing we should be worrying about in an AV thread when the hat is given out by the PLAYERS, not the coach.

More precise: It is given out by the player who got the hat last time. That means Kevin Hayes gave the hat to Nash. I guess we should all hate Hayes now ;)

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
The franchise has turned into a country club again, for aging formerly good players to retire. Having AV as the coach is perfect, he will never be on any veteran, no matter how bad they play. The youngsters, on the other hand... one bad shift or play and they're benched.

Either the idiotic man to man defense or Vigneault has to go. Preferably both. No other coach is stupid enough to voluntarily play a man to man defense. It's the same old song.

Yeah some of the old-timers know about the organ-eye-zation days... that's exactly what happened, a country club for players enjoying their time. This is a byproduct of not holding guys accountable and continuously patting yourself on the back. He stripped away the culture of winning here.

Team needs a hardass to come in and revert the cycle.

Reactions: Blueshirt Special

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
That is probably overstating it and more a case of deductive reasoning than a reflection of inside knowledge. Still, if Vigneault is being evaluated under this type of microscope, then the conclusion that a change is necessary behind the bench has essentially already been made, whether the deciders do or do not know it and/or do or do not want to admit it.
If an organization is unsure the coach is the right guy, then he is the wrong guy. Going game by game only postpones the inevitable. It leaves too much undone. Leaves too much opportunity for excuse-making and rationalizations. If this is just the matter of when, then sooner the better for everyone’s benefit.

Spot on. My favorite Brooks article in quite a while.

Reactions: Riche16

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
A new coach would be a good start, but they’re still lacking overall depth and skill. It’s there in the pipeline, but we won’t see those effects for another year or two.

Biggest changes I want to see: implement the Babcock/Peters system of hockey at 5v5 and adopt a more aggressive PK. We have so much speed, but only utilize it to try to play a rush offense. Lindy had his dmen play very aggressive in the transition game, so we may see a more 5-man unit transition style, which would be a good start towards playing more cohesive hockey.

SnowFort

Mar 5, 2017
If Ruff will serve as interim headcoach in the case that AV gets fired, i hope to god that he doesn’t “Nichushkin” Buchnevich..

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
A new coach would be a good start, but they’re still lacking overall depth and skill. It’s there in the pipeline, but we won’t see those effects for another year or two.

Biggest changes I want to see: implement the Babcock/Peters system of hockey at 5v5 and adopt a more aggressive PK. We have so much speed, but only utilize it to try to play a rush offense. Lindy had his dmen play very aggressive in the transition game, so we may see a more 5-man unit transition style, which would be a good start towards playing more cohesive hockey.

Ruff with the 2015 Ranger roster would have been hilarious to watch.

Literally may have seen this team win every game 9-3.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
If Ruff will serve as interim headcoach in the case that AV gets fired, i hope to god that he doesn’t “Nichushkin” Buchnevich..
Buch already does the little things that Nuke never did when Ruff got him. I think he was also expected to be more of a power forward even though he wasn’t fully grown yet. The hip surgery didn’t help him either

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Buch already does the little things that Nuke never did when Ruff got him. I think he was also expected to be more of a power forward even though he wasn’t fully grown yet. The hip surgery didn’t help him either
Ruff has a very bad reputation in Russia with Russian NHLers

Buch did an interview with a Russian outlet over the summer and they specifically asked if he was worried about Ruff being a coach on the team

I'm hoping it wont be an issue, but it could very well become an issue with Ruff as coach

Reactions: Revel

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

We know AV likes the rush offense, but nothing about his defensive personnel choices or defensive system reflect that.

It's like we're playing two different systems at the same time, and that's why this team goes long stretches where it looks like they can't make a pass.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
A change needs to be made and u won’t even get pennies on the dollar for most players at this point so u may as well.

When Renney lost 10-2 it was beyond time... has AV lost the room? Maybe. Do we wanna find out? Probably shouldn’t.

Btw I was saying they would turn it around and stay w AV he’ll adjust.

None of that has happened.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
A change needs to be made and u won’t even get pennies on the dollar for most players at this point so u may as well.

When Renney lost 10-2 it was beyond time... has AV lost the room? Maybe. Do we wanna find out? Probably shouldn’t.

Btw I was saying they would turn it around and stay w AV he’ll adjust.

None of that has happened.

That isn't true.

It may be true for a few guys, but there are players on the roster who still carry a bunch of value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad