Confirmed with Link: Alain Vigneault fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
No they aren't and a part of me feels uneasy about dancing on someone's grave...

Until you remember what hes done the last few seasons and the way he handled his presser yesterday. I hope he lands on his feet somewhere (Brooklyn please) but I won't miss him at all.

Reactions: Miamipuck

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
I'm expecting to see this team come out on fire when the season starts. All I have is the f***ing Mets now...they're off to a good start but we'll see how long that lasts...These last few years, hell since 2005-06, it's been an awesome ride, I am so happy I was able to experience this ride with this team and everyone. But I haven't felt this low, ever, I don't think....even during the Dvorak and Lindros days, I still had hope...now I just really don't know. But if you put a gun to my head, my gut tells me we're gonna be ok and bounce back quick and surprise everyone. And f*** the Vegas Knights and the expansion draft, screwed up everyones plans.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Torts isn’t coming back. Who would even believe that?

Sheldon Keefe baby.

Dude is my age, hard to believe if he actually gets it. Would be unprecedented in a market like this.

If Gorton is real about a rebuild with a completely new, younger outlook...this is the way to go.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I wonder if there will be any issue with AV's remaining $ owed. He has two more years left on his contract at $4.125 million, which the Rangers will pay him until he gets a new job. When Pittsburgh fired Bylsma, Florida wanted him but he reportedly balked at them over money. Presumably Florida wasn't offering him as much as Pittsburgh was paying him to sit on his ass. Wonder if something similar might occur here.

Reactions: Krams

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I wonder if there will be any issue with AV's remaining $ owed. He has two more years left on his contract at $4.125 million, which the Rangers will pay him until he gets a new job. When Pittsburgh fired Bylsma, Florida wanted him but he reportedly balked at them over money. Presumably Florida wasn't offering him as much as Pittsburgh was paying him to sit on his ass. Wonder if something similar might occur here.

How many high priced market teams are looking for a coach?

WSH maybe if Trotz doesn't get extended... which would be foolish imo with 2 presidents trophies and 3 division titles in 3 years.

Dallas has deep pockets... I have a few friends of mine that work for their owner... but he just replaced a coach last year. Maybe if Hitch wants out... but $4M is steep, even for them.

CGY is the ideal fit IMO. Veteran defense, lefty righty mix. That division hasn't seen Alain's system in 5 years. One line team.

Not sure Burkie's going to pony up that much.

MTL? Maybe, Julien is still fresh, but really not going to win there for a while.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Whether we like him or not he will he will more then likely be at least the second hottest commodity on the coaches market (depends if Trotz leaves or not). He will land back on his feet somewhere, I have a feeling Montreal but idk if they want to already fire Julien

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
BTW interesting tidbit. Paul Maurice has been a head coach in the NHL for 19 seasons.

Number of playoff appearances: 5.

Number of seasons where he made it past the 1st round. 2.

2 out of 19.

You have to ask yourself how he keeps getting those chances.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Whether we like him or not he will he will more then likely be at least the second hottest commodity on the coaches market (depends if Trotz leaves or not). He will land back on his feet somewhere, I have a feeling Montreal but idk if they want to already fire Julien
Yeah, I definitely agree that teams will want him, but this is kind of unprecedented. There's never been a fired coach owed as much money as AV is.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
BTW interesting tidbit. Paul Maurice has been a head coach in the NHL for 19 seasons.

Number of playoff appearances: 5.

Number of seasons where he made it past the 1st round. 2.

2 out of 19.

You have to ask yourself how he keeps getting those chances.

I like Maurice as a head coach a lot. I find him to be extremely good with player usage.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011

The few vets of the team (Staal, Kreider, Zucc, etc.) remaining were done with him, and the new guys and young guys didn't know him well enough to care - so they follow suit with the older guys just not saying anything at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad