Confirmed with Link: Alain Vigneault fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
On the other hand I also watched this team get more and more passive as the years went on...maybe that's a result of his hands off approach to leadership and the players on the team were too laid back and confident in themselves, but I think it also had to do with the coaching philosophy of rather than trying to separate an opposing player from the puck or pressure them into a mistake, you had to try to take away a passing lane and force the puck to go a different direction, which lead to the constant "slowly glide towards an opposing puck carrier and wave your stick around" which didn't work for **** because this is the NHL and giving players time to make their passes usually results in them making at least a decent pass.
Hitting on a point that I have hated about AV ever since I saw it in action in Vancouver. The constant turn the other cheek and stay away from anything that resembles physical play has made this team insipid and extremely easy to play against.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Yeah that was weird. he loved to have that one guy in the lineup that did nothing but hit or provide "grit" but he didn't seem to like anyone else on the team doing that stuff. I never got that.

Glass butt ends McQuaid for no reason:

"He's a deterrent!"

Kreider lays the Smackdown on Stamkos for taking a run at McDonagh?

"We don't play that way."

Its as if he held physical play against other players because if they all played that way, it'd give him no excuses to play his Tanny... Not that he had any excuses anyway.

The one thing that he did that pissed me off more than almost anything was inserting Glass in the middle of a long winning streak against Dallas in 2014-15 (they lost that game, due to Glass) and then taking him out and proceeding to win another 6 or 7 straight.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
2 Rangers assistants follow Alain Vigneault out the door

2 things I'm taking from this Ruff is still a staff member, which makes me a bit nervous reading that Gorton intends to interview 10 candidates. Don't know if he is really still "looking" for someone or if he has somebody in mind and just waits for the interview.

The second thing I take from this, and it's a bit silly, and me possibly reading way too much into it.

"We'll look anywhere, whether it's AHL, NHL, wherever we can find the best possible coach going forward,"

He mentions the AHL first, which to me points to him thinking about the AHL first, which in turns I interpret as him having a favorite candidate coaching in the AHL... Chief Keefe?

I love my hobby psychology degree :D

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I don't think there's any good reason to hold the david frost situation against Keefe. He was a kid manipulated by a guy known for his manipulations. From all accounts, he has left that behind

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I don't think there's any good reason to hold the david frost situation against Keefe. He was a kid manipulated by a guy known for his manipulations. From all accounts, he has left that behind

Sure there is. He was a complete psychopath (along with Danton). Let someone else see if that has left him or not. The idea that the New York Rangers should be the redemption of Keefe is just not something I remotely believe in. Why was Frost at Pembroke games a few years back? Why was Frost still connected with Adam Keefe (of which Sheldon seems to have no problem with and just ignores)?

I don't see why we should be his redemption story. There are so many red flags with him, even now.

Reactions: Phoicon

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Sure there is. He was a complete psychopath (along with Danton). Let someone else see if that has left him or not. The idea that the New York Rangers should be the redemption of Keefe is just not something I remotely believe in. Why was Frost at Pembroke games a few years back? Why was Frost still connected with Adam Keefe (of which Sheldon seems to have no problem with and just ignores)?

I don't see why we should be his redemption story. There are so many red flags with him, even now.
Psychopath is a bit harsh no?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Whats the david frost situation?

He put together a juniors team and specifically some players that were known for being nuts. Keefe in particular refused to shake the comissioners hand in one situation and said some disparaging things. Overly aggressive play on the ice as well I think. Just like what happens if you have someone controlling impressionable kids/teenagers and stoking their anti authority and aggressive tendencies. He (Frost) was also close with Mike Danton and Danton went to jail for hiring someone to kill Frost. There were allegations of sex parties with his players that he participated in, "coached" his players through, and demanded to have sex with their girlfriends. He controlled Danton's life and also was an alleged incident where Danton's younger brother visisted them at frosts place and was "initiated" with stuff like duck taping him naked to things, etc etc. kid was 13 years old.

Keefe was another player like Danton that was involved with Frost and who Frost tried to control and had a history of at least poor public behavior.

Personally I see it more as Dubas and the Leafs being his redemption at this point but I guess it depends on how you look at it. My main issue is that was stuff that took place decades ago when he was a kid and had an adult in a position of power manipulating him. I think we judge the guy on how he's doing now and his track record as a coach and how he has handled the players he's been tasked with developing. From all accounts he has no contact with Frost now and hasn't for years, and he knows if he ever did again it'd probably be the end of his coaching career.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Personally I see it more as Dubas and the Leafs being his redemption at this point but I guess it depends on how you look at it. My main issue is that was stuff that took place decades ago when he was a kid and had an adult in a position of power manipulating him. I think we judge the guy on how he's doing now and his track record as a coach and how he has handled the players he's been tasked with developing. From all accounts he has no contact with Frost now and hasn't for years, and he knows if he ever did again it'd probably be the end of his coaching career.

He was STILL connected with Frost just up until a few years ago, though. Frost was attending Pembroke games before the cops got involved (I don't recall Keefe being involved, but other concerned adults). Frost is still very connected with his brother (of whom Sheldon just ignores rather than confronts).

Back in 2004, Danton and Keefe were very well connected.

Look, if they bring in Keefe, I will root for him as I do basically everyone involved with the Rangers. But this is an incredibly dangerous thing and they better be f***ing right.

Reactions: jas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad