Post-Game Talk: alĭ ṣonak coyotl @ reality leigh cup winner 5:07pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
After 16 games last season Caps were 8-7-1 with 17 points and lost game 16 to the Sabres.

After 16 games this season Caps are 7-6-3 with 17 points and lost game 16 to the Coyotes.

It's all part of the plan people. ;)
#perspective
I don't think them losing this game is the end of the world or anything. But it is frustrating to watch your team coast. Especially Kuzy and Ovi. Their effort tonight was pathetic and it has been for some time now.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
I don't think them losing this game is the end of the world or anything. But it is frustrating to watch your team coast. Especially Kuzy and Ovi. Their effort tonight was pathetic and it has been for some time now.
They really haven't played well at all since the first few games of the season. It's just easy for them to accumulate goals/points at this point without actually playing well especially with how lethal the PP is. Kuzy has yet to score a single ES goal this season. They need to lead by example though if this team wants to get going.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I'm not judging anything the team does beyond some individual players because seriously I don't care that much.

I won't call the season "lost" so to speak until Wilson (and to a lesser extent Orpik for the PK) come back and the lines sort themselves out and we see what we have going forward.

Wilson is gonna need 5-10 games to get up to speed as well. By game 40 we should know what the potential is for this team.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
The only good thing about this road trip is that the night it is over Wilson is back!!!

He might not be back for long - the new look NHL doesn't seem to like physical play. I'm really noticing this season just how much less players seem to be hitting - I don't know, am I imagining it??
Wilson is going to be overly scrutinised every time he steps on the ice. It may actually become very difficult for him to play his physical style.

Reactions: maacoshark

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
After 16 games last season Caps were 8-7-1 with 17 points and lost game 16 to the Sabres.

After 16 games this season Caps are 7-6-3 with 17 points and lost game 16 to the Coyotes.

It's all part of the plan people. ;)
#perspective
Last year was a different situation. We were grooming quite a few rookies last season.
It is still early but this year looks different. Maybe the Caps have the same attitude as Sam and they dont care. I hope they can turn it around soon.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
Minnesota beat St Louis today, won 10 of last 12, and are 5-0-2 at home.
Winnipeg is up 5-2 on NJ, if they win they'll have won 3 of last 4 and 7 of 10. They'll also be 7-2-1 at home with 3 days rest
Colorado is 0-4-1 in last 5, play at EDM and home vs BOS.
Not an easy schedule coming up, but points could be there if the Caps earn them. Pack some Red Bull.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Yeah and if that was Wilson instead of Buff he'd have been thrown out of the game and facing a suspension.....and THAT is what's wrong with the officiating in the league these days. There is no consistency whatsoever
It's if Wilson lucky, if not, straight to the jail.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
It's if Wilson lucky, if not, straight to the jail.

200.gif

Reactions: maacoshark

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Anyone beginning to feel a hint, enough of Reirden and maybe Quenneville would be a better solution?
I dunno. I wouldnt be against it. I doubt anything like that happens. I think the Caps will stick with their guy.
I'm surprised the Kings didnt try to snap him up. Who knows, maybe they did try.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Is this a serious post? 16 games in, really?
Why not? 2 teams have fired coaches already.
You mentioned not evaluating this team until game 40. It could be too late by then. In the past teams could float through the regular season. Not anymore because of the parity in the league and all the 3 point games. A team needs 90 to 95 points just to get into the playoffs now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad