Speculation: Ak46

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
People said the same thing about Jagr when he left the KHL, albeit different circumstances he left on his own free will, but he still put up points. The reason I say its shortsighted is because we basically have nothing to lose trying him out. What's the worst that could happen, he produces equivalent to Bourque?

For what it's worth though, the entire team he was on sucked. Just because he isn't a good fit on that team doesn't mean he couldn't be here, KHL or not. Just like Bourque is a bad fit here but could be better for someone else. At least here we have a precedent, the guy played well here with Plek.

Also I'm just curious if he were to sign a tryout offer and eventually a 1mil x 1year deal, where is the risk in that? We have cap space to spend, and like already mentioned whether we have 9 mil available at deadline or 16mil will make not one ounce of difference. You say I should see this risk, well please once again enlighten me on how this 1mil would be such a risk? I never said give the guy 3mil x 3years.
Nope. People didn't say the same thing about Jagr.:facepalm:

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
AK could be great for us.
On a third line with potential top-6.

He can hit (was among top in our team), score.

Very similar player like Bork.

Can replace as a top-6.

Right wing with size.

You guys think he can no longer play hockey?
How old is he?

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
You guys want Eller to start producing again? Kostitsyn is the solution.

I'm right. Everybody knows I'm right. It's the way it is.

Amazing how people forget his lazy attitude and dissapearing for games at a time

We already have a Kotitsyn, he wears #17.

Try Sekac, Bournival and Ghetto

You know there was a reason 30 NHL teams PASSED on him when he was a UFA

You also should realize that Nashville cut the strings with him and they were desperate for offense

So i guess that would make you WRONG:shakehead

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
AK could be great for us.
On a third line with potential top-6.

He can hit (was among top in our team), score.

Very similar player like Bork.

Can replace as a top-6.

Right wing with size.

You guys think he can no longer play hockey?
How old is he?

And how is Bourque working out for us??:help:

Unbelievable!!!!

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Nope. People didn't say the same thing about Jagr.:facepalm:

Go back and read the threads on this very forum where people were saying no to signing Jagr. I can't make this stuff up, there were Jagr to MTL threads here when it became apparent he wasn't staying in the KHL. Most people here thought he was finished and didn't want to risk it on him.

So yes, people did say that quite a few of them actually.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=909847

Enjoy the 38 page read of people in our fanbase claiming he was shot, finished, caput. Half the people even claiming they wouldn't mind risking it were saying "he couldn't be worse than Moen" I mean come on really? This is Jaromir Jagr we're talking about. So yes, people very much did react the same way when he came back.

Apparently he was a "shell of his former self". Didn't seem that way when he played. Bottom line is you can't go assuming cause a guy was waived off one of the worst teams in the KHL that he can't still produce here. The KHL isn't the NHL it's a different league.

Sorry but the :facepalm: is reserved for you bud.

Last edited:

The Gal Pals

Breaking Hab
Oct 28, 2006
I would go and pick him up directly from Russia. With Galchenyuk, I think he could score easily 30 goals.

AK never scored 30 goals in the KHL or the NHL! Why would he suddenly score 30 now after he gets cut from both the NHL and KHL teams??? I really can't believe what I'm reading in this thread. And one guy actually references Jagr as an example: WOW!

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
If I want to relive the past, neither Kostitsyn is a past I'd choose. Andrei had the talent to be a 40/40 man, but lacked the drive and consistency. You could say, 'all the tools, but no toolbox'. We've already got Bourque filling that role, and we're trying to get him out of the lineup ... hypnotize him and tell him it's the playoffs.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Amazing how people forget his lazy attitude and dissapearing for games at a time

We already have a Kotitsyn, he wears #17.

Try Sekac, Bournival and Ghetto

You know there was a reason 30 NHL teams PASSED on him when he was a UFA

You also should realize that Nashville cut the strings with him and they were desperate for offense

So i guess that would make you WRONG:shakehead
Nashville made a huge mistake by scratching AK and Radulov in the playoffs. So, so, so dumb

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Would take him anytime over Bourque, anytime. Him and Eller were great together. And he wasn't lazy, it's his hockey sense that is below average, sometimes he was just there, not really knowing what to do. Unlike Bourque, he's pretty physical, that's something we need, and can get the occasional 'superstar vibe' where he just controls the play. Defensively he became ok, wasn't a liability anymore...

But know what ?

1st, Therrien won't ever give him a chance, so let's scrap that idea already.
2nd, we have Sekac and Bournival waiting to have a chance cause Therrien is too dumb to see Bourque sucks major balls, again. He LOVES his veterans :dainty:

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
he got cut from the khl, which is bad, but knowing AK i don't have a hard time believing he just simply gave up trying completely. he always seemed like an aquarius, a moody *******. he was happy here and when he got traded, you got the idea it was devastating for him.

don't get me wrong, i was on the fence about trading him, but i don't think it's a good idea to get him back. there's no room, but i wouldn't be against the idea of a pro tryout next camp. bergy won't though and i respect that

edit: lol we have the same birthday. aquarius indeed

attachetatuque

un gros bonhomme!
Feb 1, 2013
if the guy got his contract bought out/terminated in the KHL, do you honestly think he can still keep up in the NHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad