AJ Greer (2015, 39th overall)

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Amazing. Great kid! Super pumped to continue seeing him develop with the organization!

Last edited:

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Greer may already be my favorite Avs player. Beyond everything going on with the team, getting him up here and playing may be what I look forward to most.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
He's the kind of guy you just can't peg. His determination is something that can't be stopped. He could be a special player. We'll just have to sit back and watch.

His attitude is the number 1 thing the Avs are missing right now. It will be interesting to see next year (and probably the end of this year) when Greer and Compher are on the roster if their attitude sparks the team or the team brings them down.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
His attitude is the number 1 thing the Avs are missing right now. It will be interesting to see next year (and probably the end of this year) when Greer and Compher are on the roster if their attitude sparks the team or the team brings them down.

I agree. He has that hundred yard stare thing going aswell. He looks intense as hell most of the time. One of those dead serious looking hockey players like Steve Larmer or Gary Roberts.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Just can't help but think that that line would really click together and give us a tough unit that can keep the puck in the offensive zone while really making life terrible for the opposition.

Yeah I know what you mean, but I guess I'm stuck in this vacuum of being disappointed with Soderberg's season, so it's difficult to get excited about anything involving him.

Part of that is his give a **** level completely falling off when hes not on the power play or in the top six. Especially considering he was never going to be the number two center on this team long term. I don't know why he would have thought that when signing either with Duchene and MacKinnon on the team.

The third line center role is an important role, and if he is going to play like crap, then he'll be on the 4th line more often than not.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If he was on the PP and playing good minutes between Greer & Compher, I can see Soda happy with the situation...at least if that line clicked like I think it would and the Soda-Bednar relationship could be fixed...

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
If he was on the PP and playing good minutes between Greer & Compher, I can see Soda happy with the situation...if he & Bednar can fix their relationship...

Roy actually was the first one to take him off the power play actually...

When Boedker came over, Soderberg came off the power play, and Blake ****ing Comeau stayed on it.

Edit : My point is, I wonder why it keeps happening, especially when in Roy's case he was productive there.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Roy actually was the first one to take him off the power play actually...

When Boedker came over, Soderberg came off the power play, and Blake ****ing Comeau stayed on it.

I know, but I still think Roy had a stronger relationship with Soda and was more able to coax his best out of him. Whereas Soda just doesn't seem to give two s***s about Bednar.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I know, but I still think Roy had a stronger relationship with Soda and was more able to coax his best out of him. Whereas Soda just doesn't seem to give two s***s about Bednar.

Yeah and that's a real problem...

Edit : On another note, it's interesting to see Greer proving Henchy right on some of his posts about him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That's part of why I want to make that a line, I think Greer's focus and compher's energy could boost Soda on the ice; which could help repair the relationship with Bednar. That's why I hope that becomes a line after the TDL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad