TV: Agents of SHIELD season 5

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Could make for some good episodes next season.

So for now at least, the future of Coulson and the Crew seems to be in safe hands.
That is, unless a certain big villain in the Marvel Cinematic Universe has anything to say about it. SHIELD has been on a roll in its past few seasons, but the fifth—due to end this week—has been barrelling toward a conclusion that could seemingly take the show into a head-on collision with the climax of Avengers: Infinity War. Now that we know a sixth season is on the way, if that ends up being the case, Agents of SHIELD will have some incredibly fascinating material to deal with as it continues.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
The first episode of next year will have Daisy and Simmons using a broom and dust bin to take care of the rest of the team :)

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
It airing in the Summer should give the showrunners enough time to come up with an amazing 13 episodes.

If I could wait a year for Always Sunny, Rick and Morty, and Better Call Saul, I can wait a year for Shield. Just happy I don't have to say goodbye to the cast just yet.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So if I understand the ending correctly, Fitz died, but because that was the Fitz that came back from the future, the Fitz that froze himself (to get into the future in the first place) is still alive in space somewhere, so Simmons is going to look for him.

Time travel is odd.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So if I understand the ending correctly, Fitz died, but because that was the Fitz that came back from the future, the Fitz that froze himself (to get into the future in the first place) is still alive in space somewhere, so Simmons is going to look for him.

Time travel is odd.
I believe that is the plan.

theotis77

Jul 25, 2005
Yeah, because they weren't sure if this was going to be a series or season finale until a week or so ago, they couldn't really incorporate the snap into the plot of the show. Imagine if it was the series finale, and the last thing you see is half the cast dying for no reason at the end, in an event completely unrelated to the plot of the show. And since the show wouldn't be coming back, there'd be no resolution to it.

That would be an awful way to end the series, and a terrible way to treat the characters in a send-off.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Considering how none of the Infinity War cast saw the full script (except maybe RDJ) and how well they kept it a secret, it's no surprise the AoS showrunners didn't know how Infinity War was going to end.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Considering how none of the Infinity War cast saw the full script (except maybe RDJ) and how well they kept it a secret, it's no surprise the AoS showrunners didn't know how Infinity War was going to end.

edit: Looks like a few people got to read the whole script. Cummerbatch, RDJ and Chris Evans and surprisingly Pom Klementieff but she says she does not know if it was the full real one at the time.

Chris Evans Was Allowed to Read a Full Infinity War Script, Too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad