Adidas Uniform Unveil

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I think the add in Gold/yellow is because at flrst that color was only Preds' but now the Pens and the Bruins are adopting that as well. Vegas coming in as a gold team, so I think the Preds are trying to emphazise the fact that they'd be established as the gold/yellow team in the league. Idk though, that's how I feel don't know if I explained that well.

I'm gonna pretend like you didn't say that...yikes man.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Every jersey change in sports is met with criticism. No one likes it then you get used to seeing it and it becomes normal and you don't think about it anymore. Same will happen here.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yeah it was just my opinion..

Except it would be wrong. There is a reason people keep saying the away looks like a bad Pittsburgh or Boston knock off, because those teams have had the yellow/gold in their jerseys decades prior to us even existing.

Now I do think they have been trying for years to make the primary color gold, which is the reason I haven't bought a Preds jersey since then.

It looked bad when LA did it, it doesn't look much better now.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
After seeing them in person, still not a fan. It's not that I think they look horrid (they aren't that bad), but they really do look like adidas just took an old bruins/pens jersey and slapped a pred head on it. I know, it's hard to be original on a jersey (Tampa and Toronto basically have the same uniform). I think I would like it better without the gold shoulder, I just got used to solid white.

I took this at the team store. Some of the piping looks black, but it's blue.

20604533_10212027091245459_5454193592951562133_n.jpg

-------
Any chance the team shop in Bridgestone will still carry a few of he Reebok jerseys? My wife wants a jersey but not one of these new ones.

Whatever they have left is all they will have until they are gone. If you have no way to get to the store, you should call to see what they have or check online. I heard a sales person say they expect to get the new jerseys sometime in the first 2 weeks of September, so after that I would imagine the old ones would be gone.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
The away jersey is my favorite roadie since the original. I love it. I still don't like the home jersey but need to see it on players.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I'm sorry, but I can't pretend to see something redeeming about this. I loved our previous home\away from the moment I saw them -- this is embarassing, and I think that the impartial very bad response they're getting speaks to how they're viewed when not through a mother's loving gaze.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I'm sorry, but I can't pretend to see something redeeming about this. I loved our previous home\away from the moment I saw them -- this is embarassing, and I think that the impartial very bad response they're getting speaks to how they're viewed when not through a mother's loving gaze.

I don't see what's so bad about it, the shoulders look incomplete, but it just looks like any other jersey from before the piping era.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
Neither jersey is atrocious.
The home jersey is pretty boring.
The away jersey is cool to me, I like it.
I'd like to see the designs switched though. More white for the away jersey and less yellow/more blue on the home jersey.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I like them a lot more than before. That piping was so bad. I'll probably grab that away jersey at some point soon.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
As jerseys they're not bad, I agree with someone here who said they just don't look like 'Nashville' to me. They'll grow on me.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
As jerseys they're not bad, I agree with someone here who said they just don't look like 'Nashville' to me. They'll grow on me.

2012 Preds fan hated the gold jerseys and 2015 Preds fan hated the gold buckets. It will grow on folks more than they want to admit.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
As long as our team is scoring and winning in them, I don't care if they're wearing potato sacks. (Yukon GOLD potatoes, of course)

They're okay. I don't hate them, but I liked the slimming effect of the piping (I know, blasphemy). Not particularly fond of the rectangular band just stopping at the shoulders. Bringing the blue band on around might have looked a little bit more finished--or it could have looked like a coloring book, who knows? I think the collar looks a lot better on this one than the other one. I've probably just gotten used to the look.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I don't care what the rest of the sweater looks like as long as a patch like this goes on for the final series.

SCF Patch Photo link removed ... Looks like Photobucket now wants to charge so ....

Last edited:

OriginalName

Aug 22, 2016
Imabari, Japan
I'm gonna second (or third) the notion that when the gold jerseys were revealed in 2012, I was totally thrilled. As Adz will attest, I loathed the Reebok jerseys we were wearing before the gold scheme. But the 2012 golds stood equally with the original design for me instantly; no uncertainty period, I thought they ruled from the word "Gold".

It's not that this new one is bad necessarily, it's just that it feels generic -- or like it's missing something -- in comparison to the 1998 and 2012 versions which I think were the height of jersey design in their respective times.

I'll get over it with some big wins, though.

Last edited:

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I can see where they tried to go for a "classic look" with the home sweater. The problem is, the franchise wasn't created in the early 20th century like the other "classic" teams. Do any classic teams have a particularly creative uniform? A couple lines, a color or two and a classic logo. It's akin to the college football new bloods who have to change helmets and uniforms every year compared to teams like Michigan, Penn State, USC, Alabama, Tennessee etc.

Hopefully the Preds eventually stumble on a design they won't ever want to change and it becomes our classic sweater.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I can see where they tried to go for a "classic look" with the home sweater. The problem is, the franchise wasn't created in the early 20th century like the other "classic" teams. Do any classic teams have a particularly creative uniform? A couple lines, a color or two and a classic logo. It's akin to the college football new bloods who have to change helmets and uniforms every year compared to teams like Michigan, Penn State, USC, Alabama, Tennessee etc.

Hopefully the Preds eventually stumble on a design they won't ever want to change and it becomes our classic sweater.

I wouldn't even mind if the Preds went full Oregon and had a different set each season. At least you would know that a bad one wasn't going to last long.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I'm gonna second (or third) the notion that when the gold jerseys were revealed in 2012, I was totally thrilled. As Adz will attest, I loathed the Reebok jerseys we were wearing before the gold scheme. But the 2012 golds stood equally with the original design for me instantly; no uncertainty period, I thought they ruled from the word "Gold".

It's not that this new one is bad necessarily, it's just that it feels generic -- or like it's missing something -- in comparison to the 1998 and 2012 versions which I think were the height of jersey design in their respective times.

I'll get over it with some big wins, though.

He did. He just went on and on about it...ha!

For those who don't know this, OriginalName is my son. It's the second generation, y'all! There's a third generation too, but she isn't old enough to post on message boards and Facebook and such--won't be long, though!

Nothing about this jersey can't be cured with a SCF 2018 patch--and a subsequent patch indicating ours was the winning team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad