Adidas Uniform Unveil

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Over the past decade we've seen Preds fans complain about the transition to the Reebok Edge jerseys ... bemoan the black and blue checker pattern on the navy aclternates before the jersey ever saw the ice ... cry that the logo looked like it had snot coming from the nose with one change ... the gold made people express fears of how it would look washed out and pale on TV ... there is still the love it / hate it dichotomy over the mustards .... basically, no jersey that a player will wear in a game gets a good initial reception from our fan base.

This jersey really has only minor changes from the last one. Removal of some piping, change of the collar shape, removal of the blue blocks at the top of the chest and back shoulder areas.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Jersey acceptance is pretty easy to predict though. Here's how it works.

Team suggests new jersey.
Jersey released.
Universal hatred. (mostly)

This is indisputable fact. Also, other team jerseys will be considered better. "Why can't ours be as cool as theirs???" This is also highly factual.

nah, the blues one is nice. mostly bc they didn't change anything. but the white lettering is much better

TheJungleHunter

Jun 6, 2017
Nashville, TN
Another good thing is that some excessive lines were removed and that makes our jerseys look much more "traditional." I'll take a little more "bland," in that case.

It's like college football uniforms. Sure, Oregon's are flashy and trendy, but have zero staying power. A few years later and they are out of favor. Schools like Alabama and Tennessee have more plain uniforms, but they always stay in style. Tradition vs Trend.

Traditional-looking, less trendy, less busy, more clean, and a more long-lasting design.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I'm glad that they kept the iconic features of the guitar strings, and the keyboard in the collar, but that looks like crap otherwise. No reason to buy a new one. Hoping the old ones will be deeply discounted now.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
My problem is the yellow :laugh:

Road version for you. If this one is plain, boy, not sure how the roads are going to look then. And these have names and numbers on them! Regardless, I've always preferred and bought the road jersey during the Reebok era.

It seems that the anticipation was so high for ours compared to other fans for their team jersey. When we finally got to see them it was kind of a let down as the second promo picture made it look really good.

These are obviously the player version so I'm curious to see how the fan version of the Adidas will look. The Fanatic version could be another question mark. Seeing them live and in person may erase some concerns from these images we're seeing today.

I'm a full STH now, so the Preds are giving me my first gold jersey. Sans player info I'm assuming.

I think we'll all get used to them and by December we'll see a good number of them at the Bridge.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I just think the neckline looks constricting. The rest will probably look okay with a few patches.

Question, I bought some of the SCF patches. Is it okay to put them on the new jersey or does that scream "I don't know what I'm doing" (which honestly, I don't)?

Edit: in the past they've given a dollars or percentage off credit toward the player name. I think it's dollars but I'm not 100% on that.

Ranskyre

Feb 10, 2014
The new one is definitely bland. I don't think it helps that it is loosely fitted over a mannequin that appears to have a beer gut.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
This jersey really has only minor changes from the last one. Removal of some piping, change of the collar shape, removal of the blue blocks at the top of the chest and back shoulder areas.

They also changed the striping pattern on the sleeves and waste. Those are all minor changes, but pretty big when they're all implemented together.

It would have been better to leave the striping untouched. Use larger shoulder patches and make the collar slightly wider, and maybe do laces. That would accomplish the more simplistic look without having so much blank space.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Road version for you. If this one is plain, boy, not sure how the roads are going to look then. And these have names and numbers on them! Regardless, I've always preferred and bought the road jersey during the Reebok era.

It seems that the anticipation was so high for ours compared to other fans for their team jersey. When we finally got to see them it was kind of a let down as the second promo picture made it look really good.

These are obviously the player version so I'm curious to see how the fan version of the Adidas will look. The Fanatic version could be another question mark. Seeing them live and in person may erase some concerns from these images we're seeing today.

I'm a full STH now, so the Preds are giving me my first gold jersey. Sans player info I'm assuming.

I think we'll all get used to them and by December we'll see a good number of them at the Bridge.

Yeah if I get a new one I'll just go with the away jersey, all of mine are starting to get rather dated ( old mustard and the blue 3rd jersey).

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Another good thing is that some excessive lines were removed and that makes our jerseys look much more "traditional." I'll take a little more "bland," in that case.

It's like college football uniforms. Sure, Oregon's are flashy and trendy, but have zero staying power. A few years later and they are out of favor. Schools like Alabama and Tennessee have more plain uniforms, but they always stay in style. Tradition vs Trend.

Traditional-looking, less trendy, less busy, more clean, and a more long-lasting design.

This is a great point, but it doesn't really fit with the reality of sports merchandising these days. Give this set 5-6 years and a new design will come out, or at least they'll make some tweaks along the way. Especially for a non-traditional market, they have to keep something new coming out to keep merchandise sales up.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
This looks good to me:

DCyXy66UwAAoZqI.jpg

Depending on your point of view the front is either plain or clean.

DCyXmLhU0AEDHbt.jpg

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York

Is a little flash necessarily a bad thing though? Obviously everyone can't be Oregon (and for that reason Reebok shouldn't have used the same piping on so many different uniforms), but not everybody can be Alabama either. Sometimes it's better to just embrace that identity. Simplicity is not, in and of itself, a good thing, and sometimes a little flash is what's needed (provided that it's done well à la Oregon as opposed to, say, the Avalanche).

FWIW I think the piping is kinda nice when used judiciously.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
They also changed the striping pattern on the sleeves and waste. Those are all minor changes, but pretty big when they're all implemented together.

It would have been better to leave the striping untouched. Use larger shoulder patches and make the collar slightly wider, and maybe do laces. That would accomplish the more simplistic look without having so much blank space.

The piping made the stripes. It will be interesting to see if anyone has lace up collars with the first Adidas jerseys ... these appear to be constructed similarly to their international sweaters.

I just realized today that the Game 5 SCF sweaters were the last Reebok white jerseys worn by the team ... the last set sold to the public since after the Pens reached three wins, the team put on its set 2 home jerseys and those stayed with the team ... and I'll have one of the jerseys worn on the ice at the end of regulation.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Is a little flash necessarily a bad thing though? Obviously everyone can't be Oregon (and for that reason Reebok shouldn't have used the same piping on so many different uniforms), but not everybody can be Alabama either. Sometimes it's better to just embrace that identity. Simplicity is not, in and of itself, a good thing, and sometimes a little flash is what's needed (provided that it's done well � la Oregon as opposed to, say, the Avalanche).

FWIW I think the piping is kinda nice when used judiciously.

It could be argued that Oregon does not have a uniform ... it has an ever changing set of gaudy outfits that runs counter to the definition of "uniform".

Prins Filip

Jun 3, 2010
Filippines
I hope the actual jersey will have sewn numbers instead of those horrible plastic ones. Especially from European perspective, those sewn numbers and patches have always made it look 10 times better than shining plastic that gets folded all the time.

The jersey itself looks a bit boring, but I am sure it will look better in full uniform.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
I hope the actual jersey will have sewn numbers instead of those horrible plastic ones. Especially from European perspective, those sewn numbers and patches have always made it look 10 times better than shining plastic that gets folded all the time.

The jersey itself looks a bit boring, but I am sure it will look better in full uniform.

Haven't seen any close shots of the numbers yet for the non player version.

I'm assuming the player version of the guitar pick:

DCyX4wCUwAA_EKa.jpg

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
Yikes. Sorry for your jerseys guys. I hate them. I hope the rest of them aren't this bad. Very disappointing. :(

Btw not saying I hate the team because I do cheer for the Preds except against the Flames. But the team deserves better

Prins Filip

Jun 3, 2010
Filippines
Haven't seen any close shots of the numbers yet for the non player version.

I'm assuming the player version of the guitar pick:

DCyX4wCUwAA_EKa.jpg

Yeah good that the shoulder patch atleast is a proper one. The number in the sleeve though looks to be plastic, and it's shine is one reason the jersey looks bland in the main photo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad