Player Discussion Adam Ruzicka

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
I didn't even know he had detractors.

I've always liked Rosie personally, but some of these posts are getting over the top, like the ones claiming he's proved he deserved more time last year... that's not how it works, you can never prove what you were in the past, just what you are now because he's improving and IMO looks better than last season.
I’m not going to name names but my memory is long from last year from when he was a PPG player through 15-20 games. Haven’t seen them post yet this season.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Any word on his injury?

(or suspension resulting from that hit)
No and no.

The latter seems unlikely to me as player safety announced the Ras hearing at like 9:30am the following day, since it's now 2:30pm, my guess is there is no supplemental discipline.

For the former, it was his shoulder. Which was why he looked like Bambi trying to get up. He tried using both hands and his right shoulder was f***ed, so it just gave out. When he got up he wasn't wobbly or dazed but his arm was just hanging there. I wouldn't be shocked if we see a Pelletier timeline of 4-6 months.

Last edited:

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
With all the shoulder injuries the Flames have incurred that last couple of years (Mangiapane, Ruzicka, Rooney, Pelletier), it makes me question the quality of the equipment.

Maybe they need to change manufacturer's or see what other options are out there to better protect the player.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I don't think he'll get claimed to be honest with you. It's NHL money, for a guy who's on pace for less than 20 points this year.
Hopefully he can find his game again with the Wranglers, or it may be one of those deals where the clear him through waivers and later trade him.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
He is defo getting claimed. I am starting to see some holes in Huska's blue print. Ruzicka is one of them- mismanaged.

But Ruz has also been pretty cack after his post concasion rapid "recovery".

I don't think he'll get claimed to be honest with you. It's NHL money, for a guy who's on pace for less than 20 points this year.
Hopefully he can find his game again with the Wranglers, or it may be one of those deals where the clear him through waivers and later trade him.

2 beers he is getting claimed, deal?

Reactions: Volica and Pomee

Pomee

Nov 26, 2006
I wouldnt be surprised if Montreal claimed him.
Big Center which Habs are in need right now (They rotate 3 centers).
I agree that he was mishandled by Huska with super low ice time.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Poor Ruz

How the hell does DiSimone get waived before Oesterle? Someone needs to be fired
I would hazard a guess that there is a market for Oesterle somewhere given the number of NHL games he has played. Less so for DeSimone.

Ergo, one has potential value as a TDL target so he stays, the other does not so he is waived.

This is also preparatory for the return of Kylington and to shore up the Wranglers.

Reactions: Boomstick

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
I would hazard a guess that there is a market for Oesterle somewhere given the number of NHL games he has played. Less so for DeSimone.

Ergo, one has potential value as a TDL target so he stays, the other does not so he is waived.

This is also preparatory for the return of Kylington and to shore up the Wranglers.

Market for Oesterle? We were the last NHL team to realize he is not an NHLer.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
How was Ruzicka mishandled?

He has 0 killer instinct, he has had consistency issues going back before he was drafted, that was always the knock on him. He doesn't doesn't have the drive to be an every day NHL'er. Raw talent/skill, I'd take him over Coleman, but Coleman battles every shift like it's his last, guy leads the team in scoring.

Gogo got demoted to the 4th line in the first week(s) of the season and played his ass off and now is on the top line and second on the team in goals.

Get the f*** out of here that Huska or the Flames mismanaged him, sometimes players need to get themselves up to play. Does he deserve top 9 minutes over anyone? The answer is no, he doesn't. Even Mangiapane who I think has been terrible this year has more points than Huberdeau. Popsicle got called up, was giving 110% effort every game and stuck with Zary and Kadri, do you substitute Ruzicka in there? No.

"but his linemates", cool Gogo had the same linemates and played himself to the top line, it's not an excuse.

Last edited:

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I didn't even realize he wasn't in the lineup anymore until now.

Either he's been that invisible or I'm not paying enough attention, maybe a mixture of both. But the only one I notice on the 4th line regularly is Greer.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I didn't even realize he wasn't in the lineup anymore until now.

Either he's been that invisible or I'm not paying enough attention, maybe a mixture of both. But the only one I notice on the 4th line regularly is Greer.

The most noticeable guy on the 4th line has been Greer by a mile, and even he's slowed down.
Klapka's been a nice addition down there, throwing some big hits and getting into the mix. Something I dig.
I thought Schwindt didn't look out of place in his debut; he looked like an NHLer.

Reactions: Felidae

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
How was Ruzicka mishandled?

He has 0 killer instinct, he has had consistency issues going back before he was drafted, that was always the knock on him. He doesn't doesn't have the drive to be an every day NHL'er. Raw talent/skill, I'd take him over Coleman, but Coleman battles every shift like it's his last, guy leads the team in scoring.

Gogo got demoted to the 4th line in the first week(s) of the season and played his ass off and now is on the top line and second on the team in goals.

Get the f*** out of here that Huska or the Flames mismanaged him, sometimes players need to get themselves up to play. Does he deserve top 9 minutes over anyone? The answer is no, he doesn't. Even Mangiapane who I think has been terrible this year has more points than Huberdeau. Popsicle got called up, was giving 110% effort every game and stuck with Zary and Kadri, do you substitute Ruzicka in there? No.

"but his linemates", cool Gogo had the same linemates and played himself to the top line, it's not an excuse.
I agree with this assessment. Last year you could say he was mishandled by Sutter but he certainly played much better last season. Not sure what happened to him this year, but this year's demotion and healthy scratching is completely on him (assuming there are no health issues).

If he is not careful, he will end up like his fellow countryman Richard Panik, playing somewhere in Europe. Panik was also criticized for inconsistent effort levels.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad