Former Bruins Adam McQuaid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
McQuaid continues to be excellent at all the things the internet doesn't value or doesn't know how to evaluate in defensemen. Always in position, taking away passing and shooting lanes, denying zone entries, especially on the PK, taking care of the puck in the danger areas, and making smart pinches here and there. Him and Grzelcyk are probably a more balanced pair than him and Krug and it'll be nice to see how that plays out.
Spot on as always !

Reactions: Orr2Neely8

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
It just 'feels right' to see him out there, especially to close a game up. But on merit, Kevan has to play when healthy and Grizz has to play.

If the emotional and psychological side of it didn't exist, I'd put Carlo on the top line in Providence - but he's already in need of a confidence booster and this wouldn't be it.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Gotta love how he's worked on his game to become a more well-rounded player. His skating has improved the last two years. He's gotten better at transitioning the puck up to the forward group. And Cassidy was talking about when he was out, working on his game in the offensive zone. I swear at one point last night McQuaid was down in front of the Montreal net. I'm not sure we ever saw him do that previously. Good on him on recognizing the changes in the game and making the necessary adjustments.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Gotta love how he's worked on his game to become a more well-rounded player. His skating has improved the last two years. He's gotten better at transitioning the puck up to the forward group. And Cassidy was talking about when he was out, working on his game in the offensive zone. I swear at one point last night McQuaid was down in front of the Montreal net. I'm not sure we ever saw him do that previously. Good on him on recognizing the changes in the game and making the necessary adjustments.
He is a keeper

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I love McQaid he is without a doubt an NHL D, I don't know how he fits on this squad after this season though. I'm glad he continues to play well and be valuable to whatever team has him, and could be essential to our playoffs this year. There are honestly a lot of good players I'm not sure how they will fit into this team going forward as well, I could even see an argument for Krug's departure in a couple of years, Gryz is already playing like he could be a solid 2nd pair D.

Reactions: 00BW

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Noticed that too. Quaider is the type of player who will do whatever is asked of him. He actually has skills beyond merely fighting and killing penalties. He has been asked over much of his career to be a certain type of player, so that is what he has done. He is actually a pretty good d-man and doesn't make many big mistakes. It'll be interesting to see if he is able to start getting more points and be more important in the offensive zone since I have a feeling that will be a new dimension the coaches will want to see in him on nights he plays. Cassidy's system certainly asks more of the D-men in the Ozone than did Claude's.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Upset they dont sell his jersey online. Have wanted one for awhile too.

You used to be able to choose any player in a dropdown when customizing...is that gone now with Adidas?

I have the black 3rd jersey (from a few years ago, not the most recent winter classic version) with McQuaid 54 on the back. My favorite jersey besides the Chara original winter classic one.

edit: just tried on NHL Shop...you can add 'McQuaid 54' as your name and # choice when customizing.

Reactions: VegasPatriot

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
What a tough, tough hombre, eh?!

That second fight was pure pleasure to watch. I do worry about the defensive corps taking a hit on extra minutes while Adam sits in the box, but it's not like he does it every week. What a team player

Reactions: Ladyfan

TheBT

Mar 14, 2011
New Brunswick
I love McQuaid, my favourite player! Hope he's a Bruin for life!!

Just a heads-up in case you're picky like me. I was looking into customizing a McQuaid jersey a little while back and it would only customize in all capital letters. You would get a "MCQUAID". I'm pretty sure he wears a "McQUAID". Something worth looking into if that would matter to you.

Go Bruins!!

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Wow, disagree lots with all the adulation for McQ here. I actually think he's expendable. Boychuk was much more integral to the team; we lived without him. McQ's game is pretty 20th century. Yeah, nice that he mixes it up and stands up for guys in the rare instance it's called for in this pansyland fantasy league that that awful Gary Bettman has produced, but overall, even accounting for the fact that he's missed games due to injury, his decision making in the defensive zone is still suspect. I guess we should keep him in case of injury, but when Miller comes back, McQ definitely sits, if I'm the coach. Actually won't really matter anyway as McQ himself is likely to become injured again, as he so frequently does.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
I love Krug and am happy he is on the team, he's a special offensive talent and brings a lot to the table. That said, seeing quaider with gryzz highlights how hard it can be for the guy playing opposite Krug. McQuaid looks like a different player next to a more defensively responsible guy. I'm sure playing the 6 role instead of the 4 helps too, but I was skeptical how he would he look in killer's absence. I'm impressed with his play lately, and he is a pretty ideal guy to have in the room and in the 7th d role.

It also makes me a bit more lenient on Carlo. transitioning from playing with Chara to Krug is a major shift in defensive responsibilities, especially for a 21 year old, and he's handled it very well.

Orr2Neely8

Apr 15, 2010
Raynham
Wow, disagree lots with all the adulation for McQ here. I actually think he's expendable. Boychuk was much more integral to the team; we lived without him. McQ's game is pretty 20th century. Yeah, nice that he mixes it up and stands up for guys in the rare instance it's called for in this pansyland fantasy league that that awful Gary Bettman has produced, but overall, even accounting for the fact that he's missed games due to injury, his decision making in the defensive zone is still suspect. I guess we should keep him in case of injury, but when Miller comes back, McQ definitely sits, if I'm the coach. Actually won't really matter anyway as McQ himself is likely to become injured again, as he so frequently does.
I'm GLAD you're not the coach !

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
He's looked a lot better than he did earlier in the year, and while I wasn't convinced at first I wouldn't mind him keeping his spot over Miller when bother are healthy.

The fact we have both is a great thing for the rest of this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad