Rumor: Adam Larsson will likely sign 4 years, $3.9M AAV with the Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
To point 2, he was out vacationing with Draisaitl after the season ended. I hope the friendships play a key role in him re-signing.

I mean I'm good friends with people at work too, but that wouldn't stop me from taking a better career opportunity with more money. I'd still keep in touch with the friends but at the end of the day, you have to do what's best for yourself career wise.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Here in Europe they are still saying he won't be an oiler this fall. Hope they are wrong
This is what we are hearing whisper's of here as well. I am sure some team will give Larsson somewhere between $4.5-5.5 per year. I was hoping the Oilers would move up their offers into the early to mid 4's but after the Keith deal went down it looked more and more to me like they already know he is going and they won't go to his price range.

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I mean I'm good friends with people at work too, but that wouldn't stop me from taking a better career opportunity with more money. I'd still keep in touch with the friends but at the end of the day, you have to do what's best for yourself career wise.

I guess the part where I said that "I hoped" it played into his decision means nothing here. Not like I said "He's friends with team, he's signing for sure. GUARANTEED!!!!" Come on man...

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
If the Kraken draft Giordano I figure the Flames will take a serious look at signing Larsson.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Good old Matheson. Not sure what world he lives in that Russell can take over for Larsson.

Sure Russell can step up and play top 4 here and there, but we've seen it before when he gets too much playing time he falls apart. There is a reason the past 3 years Russell has been healthy scratched at times.

But yes Matty, Russell is giving Holland all the leverage in the world.

I like Russell. I like Russell a lot on our bottom pair or as a mentor to our kids. Especially at his cap hit. But anyone who suggests that Kris Russell, especially at this stage of his career, can fill in for Adam Larsson, on the off side, at 20+ minutes a night, is on glue.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I don't want Larsson because he's a filthy oiler, (but yes I would take him for a reasonable price of 2.5 million on the flames.)

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
A mod should change the thread title to:

Adam Larsson will unlikely sign 4 years, $3.9M AAV with the Oilers

Reactions: robertocarlos

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
stockholm syndrome
More like Swedish mafia.

Larsson, Andersson, Kylington, Backlund, Lindholm .... and Markstrom holding down the fort if they get past those guys.

Flames defense:

Hanifin-Tanev
Valimaki-Larsson
Kylington-Andersson

Markstrom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad