Player Discussion Adam Henrique

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Fantastic acquisition! I'm not expecting big things from Kesler once he returns, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Henrique centering the 2nd line even when everyone is healthy.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Fantastic acquisition! I'm not expecting big things from Kesler once he returns, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Henrique centering the 2nd line even when everyone is healthy.

What do you think of Wagner staying there and Kesler on a scoring line until he gets back up to game speed? No need to rush him back to the tough mins every night.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
4 goals 10 assists 14 points in 24 games with the Devils this year playing 18:15 a game.

Stay healthy stay healthy stay healthy stay healthy stay healthy

Reactions: SirQuacksAlot

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
He's a great penalty killer. Generates a lot of breakaways and odd man rushes. He can be frustrating due to his streakiness. When he's cold it seems like he's not even trying out there, but when he's on, he can be a difference maker. Has a knack for scoring big goals too. Enjoy him.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Henrique is pretty durable and doesn’t do anything to put himself in high risk of injuries so you shouldn’t need to worry about that either even with your bad luck.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
From what I'm reading it sounds like Henrique could slot into Cogs place with Kes and make that second line a real offensive threat, while still being a shut down line. Just wonder if Cogs could fit in well on a 3rd line with a bunch of constantly changing parts?

And if we re-sign Henrique that could spell the end for Cogs in ANA.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
From what I'm reading it sounds like Henrique could slot into Cogs place with Kes and make that second line a real offensive threat, while still being a shut down line. Just wonder if Cogs could fit in well on a 3rd line with a bunch of constantly changing parts?

Cogs is always effective as a forechecker, so in theory could work very well with Perry on the opposite wing IMO.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Couple of other things. You are going to love him as a PKer. He can be really aggressive, he is going to create breakaways and will score or help score some shorties. He is actually overall pretty good on breakaways period. He isn’t very speedy but he definitely has a second gear.

But on the flip side he is terrible on the gimmick. Shootouts are not good pray your coach doesn’t use him there. Our past coaches were frustratingly infatuated with using him on the shootout. It ususally didn’t work.

You also need to take care of him. He is too nice a guy so you can’t break him or everyone in NJ will be mad.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Couple of other things. You are going to love him as a PKer. He can be really aggressive, he is going to create breakaways and will score or help score some shorties. He is actually overall pretty good on breakaways period. He isn’t very speedy but he definitely has a second gear.

But on the flip side he is terrible on the gimmick. Shootouts are not good pray your coach doesn’t use him there. Our past coaches were frustratingly infatuated with using him on the shootout. It ususally didn’t work.

You also need to take care of him. He is too nice a guy so you can’t break him or everyone in NJ will be mad.

Thanks for the insight! Sounds like a pretty good player.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas

My thoughts exactly. Acquiring Henrique doubles as insurance in the event we can't or choose not to re-sign Cogliano. The two play largely the same game, with Henrique capable of more offense. Reality is, Cogliano may be the odd man out.

These players all need contract extensions either this or next season: Henrique, Silfverberg, Ritchie, Kase, Montour, Gibson, Wagner, Cogliano (perhaps more but these names immediately come to mind). I ran some numbers yesterday and couldn't avoid a Capmageddon.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia

The good news is that we are so terrible at 3-on-3 that he's unlikely to see a shootout.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Ritchie won't get much, kase and montour will probably get low deals or maybe they'll offer Montour a longer deal for less. Wagner won't get too much more and Cogs is probably gone.

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
Henrique is not a streaky player despite what people keep saying. He plays to the level of his teammates. If you stick him with scrubs, don't expect production out of him. In the OHL he produced as much as Hall when teamed with him. Coach Hines tried only once or twice to put him back with Hall without giving him any time to readjust to him. I feel like he never got a real chance to play with Hall again.

Just earlier in the season coach Hines was using Henrique as an example of the right way to play. Zajac comes back and the lines get changed and he isn't producing as much. It isn't his fault.

This is a guy you can count on for all situations, 5 on 5, pk, pp. If that is not a sign of consistency then why would the coach trust him to do all of those things?

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013

He sounds like a Duck already!

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

That would not be a good thing, especially in Hudson county. :laugh:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I thought it was Perry’s but if not good for him for scoring his first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad