Waived: Adam Brooks Placed on Waivers (Claimed by Vegas)

Jul 6, 2016
I think everyone knows that Cedric "the Entertainer" is pretty much done. It's the classic BargainBin discount deal that ralely pans out. Perry was really a big piece that was lost in the off-season. We shouldn't worry though because Cedric is as good as gone come next July.

And Perry is not burning anything in TB.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Played two of the team 4 games.

First game he played 13:56. Second game he played 10:08 despite scoring a goal.

Not much there.
Technically Paquette scored two against his team while Brooks scored 1 for his team, so that’s technically a 3 goal differential in 1 game. :sarcasm:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It may not be much of a mistake but it's still a mistake for an organization that seems to make way too many.

In 6 games Brooks has 2 pts, in 11 games Paquette has 0 pts. Brooks is younger, cheaper and better. The fact that management didn't see that is at least somewhat troubling.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
It may not be much of a mistake but it's still a mistake for an organization that seems to make way too many.

In 6 games Brooks has 2 pts, in 11 games Paquette has 0 pts. Brooks is younger, cheaper and better. The fact that management didn't see that is at least somewhat troubling.
What is also troubling is Im not surprised at this at all. Management/coaching continues to show it isn't willing to give younger players a shot for depth roles. Pezzetta is a rare exception at the moment. Considering the season is lost, Brooks should have gotten a longer chance to prove his worth rather than the occasional game.

Its an example of a bad practice of having young players on the roster but without playing time. Tinordi went through it, Brooks went through it and Niku is now too.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Played two of the team 4 games.

First game he played 13:56. Second game he played 10:08 despite scoring a goal.

Not much there.

Well in six games, Brooks has the same scoring stats as Cole Caufield has in 13 games. Is there not much there? Maybe, but Brooks also has/had decent stats with the Marlies and great junior stats. He was a bit small but was always a smart player.

Last edited:

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
What is also troubling is Im not surprised at this at all. Management/coaching continues to show it isn't willing to give younger players a shot for depth roles. Pezzetta is a rare exception at the moment. Considering the season is lost, Brooks should have gotten a longer chance to prove his worth rather than the occasional game.

Its an example of a bad practice of having young players on the roster but without playing time. Tinordi went through it, Brooks went through it and Niku is now too.

Brooks and Niku are 25 years old. Not that young.

Reactions: amethyst

Aces on the road

Oct 27, 2020
In Habs Brooks was doomed, when he lost the puck and rest is history…, if I remember correctly it was Bruins game.
”Star” players can shit in their pants but nothing happens.
Problem is coaching and lack of authority.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Yes. The fact that Paquette kept getting more looks than Brooks is a good example of why this organization repeats mistakes. In fact, I'll take pretty much anyone over Paquette.

I personally felt like Paquette would show his usefulness when the season starts with a little more crash-and-bang and more energy. I was wrong. I'd take Dauphin and Vejdemo over him.

Thankfully, he will be scratched tonight. So Poehling is at least helping them notice Paquette is not needed.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
In Habs Brooks was doomed, when he lost the puck and rest is history…, if I remember correctly it was Bruins game.
”Star” players can shit in their pants but nothing happens.
Problem is coaching and lack of authority.
exactly what i been repeating for years, as sadly been happening for years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad