Waived: Adam Brooks Placed on Waivers (Claimed by Vegas)

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Expecting the Leafs to re-claim him.

Lol as if they are keeping Plugquette instead

We'll see what happens with Paquette when everyone is healthy. It's not like Brooks was great in the game he played.

EDIT: Paquette is also injured, so he doesn't take a roster spot anyway so sending him down would not fix the problem.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
would love it if the leafs didn't reclaim him as he's been a very good AHLer. Would think Niku and Paquette will be next up when Edmundson and Perreault are back.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Would have rather kept him and waived Belzile instead but oh well, we can't break up La Ligne D'Identité I guess. Doesn't really matter much but I view Brooks as a 12thF and Belzile as a 13/14thF and replacement level guy so would have rather kept the guy who can play C. He's also probably better than Paquette too.

Jul 6, 2016
I just give up on this team. Just don't understand literally any move they ever make.

They have no needs for Brooks. Poehling or Evans can play 4th line. And better. When Perreault, Paquette and Byron (and Hoffman) will be healthy again, many more decisions will have to be taken.

But picking Brooks from waivers was dumb as hell.

Last edited:

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Is Belzile that worse than Brooks in your eyes?
Not significantly but it is a drop off in my opinion. I believe there is a place for Brooks on a healthy NHL team as a 4th line C and 12th/13th forward, while Belzile is purely a replacement level AHL/NHL 14th forward tweener. It's not a big deal and it's not like it's particularly difficult to acquire 12th forwards, but it is a bit quizzical in my opinion to keep Belzile (and presumably Paquette) over Brooks, especially given he can play C and Belzile can't.

I'm not angry or upset about it, but I do think it's the incorrect decision and sub-optimal asset management. Again not really a major issue at all given it's trivial to find 12th forwards on waivers, but I would have preferred they kept him over Belzile and Paquette.

Jul 6, 2016
If the Leafs are the only one to put a claim, they can re-claim him and assign him to the Marlies.

ok. I don't see any other teams taking a chance on him. And I don't think Laval needs him either.

Jul 6, 2016
He definitely wouldn't hurt in Laval with Belzile, Pezzetta and Poehling all called up.

Belzile should be back in Laval soon, Poehling might have to go down too because of number of NHL one-way contracts coming back from injuries. Pezzetta might stick because of his play style.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Is Belzile that worse than Brooks in your eyes?

Belzile is a career AHLer and winger. Brooks plays center, younger and was never given any sort of chance to play. In their limited NHL time, yes, I think Brooks is way better and could’ve been even more so.
They have no needs for Brooks. Poehling or Evans can play 4th line. And better. When Perreault, Paquette and Byron (and Hoffman) will be healthy again, many more decisions will have to be taken.

But picking Brooks from waivers was dumb as hell.

That’s the point. Why’d they even both if he was just a yo-yo in the lineup?

Really ? you give up on a team because they waive an AHL player ?

I guess your hyperbole and rhetoric meter is not functioning. This isn’t why I’m fed up with tue Habs. It’s the death by a million bad decisions cut. It’s not stop. No direction, no system, no identity, no wins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad