Waived: Adam Brooks Placed on Waivers (Claimed by Vegas)

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Belzile is 30 and has 1 pt in 9 games in his career, Brooks is 25 and has 9 pts in 22 games in his NHL career.

I think it's safe to say that Brooks is better.

Doesn't matter. From watching the game, Brooks had zero impact. Can't even recall him making any good plays. Belzile on the other hand has been great, doing a bunch of plays that could have ended up as goals, really solid defensively.

They're doing this because they watch the game and don't care much about previous "achievement" if you want to call Brooks 9 points an achievement. They're right in doing so.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I can't even keep track of the injuries this year.

What happened to hoffman now?

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I can't even keep track of the injuries this year.

What happened to hoffman now?

Hit up high by Seider is the general consensus for what happened IIRC. Don't know if the Habs have spoken to it directly.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Is anybody able to use this site on a pc? I still get DNS issues and don't like using this thing on my phone...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Doesn't matter. From watching the game, Brooks had zero impact. Can't even recall him making any good plays. Belzile on the other hand has been great, doing a bunch of plays that could have ended up as goals, really solid defensively.

They're doing this because they watch the game and don't care much about previous "achievement" if you want to call Brooks 9 points an achievement. They're right in doing so.

so Belzile is doing so great that he has 0 pts in 8 games this year

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
so Belzile is doing so great that he has 0 pts in 8 games this year
Why would anyone expect from a fringe NHL 4th liner to have any points? Belzille is just there, at the moment, to fill a roster spot because of injuries.

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

Do they though?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
He sucks. No idea why we claimed him in 1st place he barely played. I expect Leafs to reclaim him & assign him to Marlies.
While I agree with this - I see no point to claim him and not give him game time. It really shows you the direction of the team.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Why would anyone expect from a fringe NHL 4th liner to have any points? Belzille is just there, at the moment, to fill a roster spot because of injuries.

well Brooks has shown that he can put up points at clearly better rate then Belzile. The point should be to ice the best team.

For me I don't care for the Habs as the season is lost but as a huge Laval fan, I wish they would make moves that help our AHL team since at least they have a shot at the playoffs and even being a top team in the league (though they will need Primeau and Niku). Belzile has been one of our best players in Laval, I'd rather have him helping us win in Laval then go pointless in the NHL.

Reactions: 417

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
They may be hoping that the Leafs re-claim him. Would open up a roster spot to claim someone else down the road.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Leaf fans are all currently sitting around holding hands in a prayer circle praying Dubas claims Brooks back in a few minutes since so many were not happy when they lost him to the Habs. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad