Injury Report: Adam Boqvist Broken Wrist - Done for season

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
How did he break it?

First game I have really missed this season, gosh darn chronic fatigue syndrome (covid).

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
0111c62d35b8e0ad45a24ee6c01e9279.gif

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
How did he break it?

First game I have really missed this season, gosh darn chronic fatigue syndrome (covid).
It was a weird play. He was trying to enter ops end along the boards and was run by a TB defender who got a piece of him- Bo tried to evade, got spun around, taking the brunt of the hit on his wrist. TB was taking liberties all night and this was another example.

Reactions: Muffinalt

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Whatever, as long as it can heal properly for next year. We've got nearly a half a year, so that should help a ton. Dach basically returned after half that time.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Whatever, as long as it can heal properly for next year. We've got nearly a half a year, so that should help a ton. Dach basically returned after half that time.
Yeah, but Bo not being able to hit the gym isn't going to help his development. Probably the #1 thing he had to do to get better next year was work on his upper body strength. Now he's another year behind.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
Unlucky for Boqvist but he has to find ways not to constantly get run over. I mentioned it several times already. If he doesn't, durability is always gonna be a problem for him. Concerning.

Agreed. This looks to be an issue. Glass man so far

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Bust

Kalynuk has passed him up.

Carson Lambos is looking more and more a reality with every passing day

WeAreSoPucked

Jan 15, 2021
Not cool to kick a guy down but ... the words, "injury prone" & Adam Boqvist kinda not not going together his career so far.
Not saying fragile & this latest setback a freaky one - one of those things I guess ...

Speedy recovery to the guy wished tho for, for sure.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Fluke injury. Nothing really to do with being injury prone.

Actually has everything to do with it. He got run over...as he always does. Happens to him more than to any other Blackhawks player. He doesn't have the strength to take hits and he doesn't know how to avoid them either. If you get run over as frequently as Boqvist does, injuries are always gonna happen. I was concerned about Boqvist's health pretty much all season long and indeed, injuries just keep coming.

GDT: - Blackhawks @ Predators - 7:00CT NBCSCH

I wrote this post just a week ago.
They have to sit down with the player and find a way for him to survive in the NHL. He can't continue like this.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
The kid can’t legally drink in this country and people are writing him off. Oof.

I don't see anybody writing anybody off but he can't continue like this if he wants to play in the NHL, that's for sure. He isn't just unlucky, these injuries are also direct results of him constantly getting run over. This has to stop one way or the other.

Reactions: Muffinalt

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Actually has everything to do with it. He got run over...as he always does. Happens to him more than to any other Blackhawks player. He doesn't have the strength to take hits and he doesn't know how to avoid them either. If you get run over as frequently as Boqvist does, injuries are always gonna happen. I was concerned about Boqvist's health pretty much all season long and indeed, injuries just keep coming.

He didn't get run over there.

You keep saying that he gets runover a lot but the truth is that he doesn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad