Injury Report: Adam Boqvist Broken Wrist - Done for season

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Have you ever played hockey? That was not close to a big hit. He spun to avoid bigger contact and his wrist took the contact.

And that's the problem I mentioned several times already. He doesn't know how to avoid hits. Of course it doesn't help that he can't take them either. Again. We're talking about more than bad luck here. Something has to change.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I will never for the life of me understand why voicing concerns or suggestions to change should be ridiculed and frowned upon each time. It's honestly comical. Judgement police.

Feel bad for Boqvist. Injuries for young guys are never fun and as if he needed any more reasons to be worried about physical play. He really needed this summer to be in ideal physical conditions so he could push the limits of his skating. Hope he can recover fast and still get some quality development time in the offseason.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I will never for the life of me understand why voicing concerns or suggestions to change should be ridiculed and frowned upon each time. It's honestly comical. Judgement police.

Feel bad for Boqvist. Injuries for young guys are never fun and as if he needed any more reasons to be worried about physical play. He really needed this summer to be in ideal physical conditions so he could push the limits of his skating. Hope he can recover fast and still get some quality development time in the offseason.

Absolutely. A good offseason would be key for him. They need to draw the right conclusions after this wasted, injury plagued season and find ways for him to be better prepared for next season. I believe that could involve a lot of gym and video work but that's for others to decide.

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Sucks but season was over anyone and plenty of time to heal

a broken wrist still allows to work at getting a hell of a lot faster skating doesn’t it?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Well that sucks, but at least he should st least be able to skate in some capacity. Between his injuries this year, Dach missing so much time, Mitchell not really positively developing.... some core pieces really didn’t get a chance to develop all that much this year.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
the injury itself is obviously not good but its also unfortunate it happened with so little time left in the season for them to catch up with teams in the top 10...brutal, if ian mitchell doesn't draw back in for the remaining games thats very telling where they're at with him...

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
Looked like a freak injury to me. Bo spun away and he breaks his wrist? I still can't see it from the replay. But I do agree this team needs to toughen up with some skill.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Yeah, but Bo not being able to hit the gym isn't going to help his development. Probably the #1 thing he had to do to get better next year was work on his upper body strength. Now he's another year behind.

eh, thats an exaggeration. his wrist, even in the worst instances is not going take anywhere close to a year and setting back his development for upper body strength that bad. the biggest thing will be getting full mobility back, but he will retain a good amount of physical strength in the muscles/tendons while the bone(s) heal unless it was some atrocious dislocation with torn ligaments

remember that Kane had surgery on torn ligaments in his wrist years back (2011?) and he basically never missed a beat from it when he did it in the offseason. torn ligaments/tendons have worse long term implications than wrist breaks IMO if they are simple breaks (no additional extreme soft tissue damage)

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
eh, thats an exaggeration. his wrist, even in the worst instances is not going take anywhere close to a year and setting back his development for upper body strength that bad. the biggest thing will be getting full mobility back, but he will retain a good amount of physical strength in the muscles/tendons while the bone(s) heal unless it was some atrocious dislocation with torn ligaments

remember that Kane had surgery on torn ligaments in his wrist years back (2011?) and he basically never missed a beat from it when he did it in the offseason. torn ligaments/tendons have worse long term implications than wrist breaks IMO if they are simple breaks (no additional extreme soft tissue damage)
A broken wrist is often accompanied by other damage. Lets hope it was a clean break.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Make no mistake. Cernak wanted to inflict damage. It was going on all night - TB players taking runs at Hawks. In fact, Schenn will likely get a suspension. It's sad to see Hawks get rag-dolled whenever ops feel like it.

Yeah, Cernak went out of his way at least 3-4 times last night to take runs at our guys.... and in prior games. Not sure why Tampa hates us so much because I like to think I watch a fair bit of their other games and they don’t seem to pull this shit against other teams. Maddening.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Make no mistake. Cernak wanted to inflict damage. It was going on all night - TB players taking runs at Hawks. In fact, Schenn will likely get a suspension. It's sad to see Hawks get rag-dolled whenever ops feel like it.

Stan has a lot of work to do changing the composition of the roster...Feel like JC wants more size and players that can engage physical teams more and Stan isn't really adding quality players that help address this need...There are too many top 6 or bust players in the org like Strome, Nylander, Borgstrom, Gaudette, etc...No problem with them taking chances on reclamation projects but at some point they have to fix the real issues with the team which hasn't been scoring goals for a while...even during their worst years they've been a great team offensively

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yeah, Cernak went out of his way at least 3-4 times last night to take runs at our guys.... and in prior games. Not sure why Tampa hates us so much because I like to think I watch a fair bit of their other games and they don’t seem to pull this shit against other teams. Maddening.

Cernak is just a piece of shit. This is well-known.

Last edited:

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
Schenn will be suspended. TB skilled and their D, big and mean. I like D that is big and mean. The comment about Cernak bang on.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Stan has a lot of work to do changing the composition of the roster...Feel like JC wants more size and players that can engage physical teams more and Stan isn't really adding quality players that help address this need...There are too many top 6 or bust players in the org like Strome, Nylander, Borgstrom, Gaudette, etc...No problem with them taking chances on reclamation projects but at some point they have to fix the real issues with the team which hasn't been scoring goals for a while...even during their worst years they've been a great team offensively

Yeah absolutely. Next to a 1D I think this is the biggest need - molding the team to be hard to play against roster (or at least handle the other teams that are hard to play against).

I don't think Stan values this that much. Just never has is my impression, he likes skill and finesse more. His interviews he says physicality is overrated and what matters is compete level. Ok true but still not enough of that here. He goes for the skill guys but so many of them shy away.

Stan also said compete is hard to foster out of a player so you're either like that or not for the most part. Kind of contradicts the above so I wonder what the strategy is.

I absolutely hate how other teams just take liberties. Like Murphy gets ragdolled by Domi and our guys on the ice with him just skate by... Wish we had more peeps like Hagel etc who wont take shit from you. Very few of them on the roster the past good many years.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I prefer competent gnarly D corp too......well, the silver lining is it contributes to the youth movement and draft pick improvement......hoping to see Regula for a few games if he's ready.

Reactions: Muffinalt

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Yeah absolutely. Next to a 1D I think this is the biggest need - molding the team to be hard to play against roster (or at least handle the other teams that are hard to play against).

I don't think Stan values this that much. Just never has is my impression, he likes skill and finesse more. His interviews he says physicality is overrated and what matters is compete level. Ok true but still not enough of that here. He goes for the skill guys but so many of them shy away.

Stan also said compete is hard to foster out of a player so you're either like that or not for the most part. Kind of contradicts the above so I wonder what the strategy is.

I absolutely hate how other teams just take liberties. Like Murphy gets ragdolled by Domi and our guys on the ice with him just skate by... Wish we had more peeps like Hagel etc who wont take shit from you. Very few of them on the roster the past good many years.

I mostly agree with him there. I think you need smart physicality.

Stillman trying to take the body on the Point wrap around last night rather than knocking the puck away or trying to block it is a perfect example of dumb physicality. His instinct to just hit the guy cost him time and left the window open for Point to score.

Compete level matters, battling for the puck along the boards matters, standing in front of the goalie and tipping pucks/cleaning up rebounds matters. Hitting guys just so you can say you're a physical team or make highlight reels doesn't matter much to me.

You need guys with size and strength to do some of those things I mentioned, but a guy like Shaw always showed that even small guys can do it. You also need guys that can do those things with a high hockey IQ, and not just be a caveman on the ice.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Oh I just don’t think it was a big hit.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad