Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halpysback*

Still way more of a center than their "centers."

Don't be absurd. Everyone knows we can't convert a former selke-caliber 60 point center to center. Only european wing prospects and total misfits like Brooks Laich and Eric Fehr.

FoppaForsberg*

Greetings Caps fans, was wondering what your thoughts on a deal like Alzner + Brouwer/Ward for ROR + Siemens? As for comments about him looking lost and such, yeah that's true, but I think he just needs a change of scenery, and Washington could be a good trading partner. thoughts?

Or a deal like ROR + 2015 top ten pick for Alzner + Burakowsky + Ward/Brouwer

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Greetings Caps fans, was wondering what your thoughts on a deal like Alzner + Brouwer/Ward for ROR + Siemens? As for comments about him looking lost and such, yeah that's true, but I think he just needs a change of scenery, and Washington could be a good trading partner. thoughts?

Isn't Siemens himself kind of Alzner? What's wrong with him?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Is that pick McDavid or Eichel? If not, that package doesn't come close to getting you Burakovsky.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
How can you view ROR as a good player? He is expensive risky rental with huge demands / big next contract.

I'm ok to make a trade for him, but just use picks and other assets than Alzner.

This doesn't sound like Alzner for good center. It sounds like Alzner for good lottery ticket.

Green for ROR with direct trade or a chain of asset trading. That makes some sense.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
So let's play the trade game. Phoenix is looking to shake things up and core is not off limits.

I'd put just about anybody on the table and see if they'd discuss Oliver Ekman-Larsson.

blokeyhighlander

June = :cupnana:
Oct 9, 2009
NC
Which does GMBM address first?
  1. Goalie (starter)
  2. Goalie (backup)
  3. 2C
  4. 1/2RW
  5. Picks/Prospects (ex. Green traded for picks/prospects)

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
So let's play the trade game. Phoenix is looking to shake things up and core is not off limits.

I'd put just about anybody on the table and see if they'd discuss Oliver Ekman-Larsson.

Wonder what they'd look for on top of Carlson for OEL. Then extend Green to keep the RD depth.

Also very much interested in Vermette or Hanzal.

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
Wonder what they'd look for on top of Carlson for OEL. Then extend Green to keep the RD depth.

Also very much interested in Vermette or Hanzal.

I'm guessing they'd want forwards instead of trading for another d-man.

Or maybe take a downgrade at D for Alzner+Bura+pick.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I made two trades, sent John Erskine to LTIR, and sent Latta and O'Brien to Hershey.

Karl Alzner + Troy Brouwer + Bowey/Carrick/? + 3rd/? <---> Oliver Ekman-Larsson + Martin Hanzal

Mike Green + Vrana/? <---> Ryan O'Reilly

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER
CapGeek Armchair GM Roster
FORWARDS
Alex Ovechkin ($9.538m) / Nicklas Backstrom ($6.700m) / Tom Wilson ($0.894m)
Marcus Johansson ($2.000m) / Andre Burakovsky ($0.894m) / Evgeny Kuznetsov ($0.900m)
Brooks Laich ($4.500m) / Ryan O'Reilly ($6.000m) / Eric Fehr ($1.500m)
Jason Chimera ($2.000m) / Martin Hanzal ($3.100m) / Joel Ward ($3.000m)
Aaron Volpatti ($0.575m) / Jay Beagle ($0.900m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Oliver Ekman-Larsson ($5.500m) / John Carlson ($3.967m)
Brooks Orpik ($5.500m) / Matt Niskanen ($5.750m)
Nate Schmidt ($0.625m) / Jack Hillen ($0.700m)
Steven Oleksy ($0.542m) /
GOALTENDERS
Braden Holtby ($1.850m)
Justin Peters ($0.950m)
BUYOUTS
Jeff Schultz ($0.000m)
LTIR
Dmitry Orlov ($2.000m)
John Erskine ($1.963m)
BONUS OVERAGE
$150,000
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15 crunched using simulation date of 2014-12-05)
SALARY CAP: $68,850,000; BONUSES: $2,325,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $964,872

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Latta would have to clear waivers.

Yandle seems like the D Arizona would most likely move as OEL is a foundational type player. It would take more than that for Arizona to move him. I'd think Arizona would primarily be interested in NHL-ready forwards with upside and maybe there's a match there but it would take a lot. I'd guess all of their pending UFAs, Yandle and someone like Korpikoski are the most likely to move.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Latta would have to clear waivers.

Ah right, forgot that.

Yandle seems like the D Arizona would most likely move as OEL is a foundational type player. It would take more than that for Arizona to move him. I'd think Arizona would primarily be interested in NHL-ready forwards with upside and maybe there's a match there but it would take a lot. I'd guess all of their pending UFAs, Yandle and someone like Korpikoski are the most likely to move.

Don't interrupt my wild, baseless speculation. I'm on a roll!

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Karl Alzner + Troy Brouwer + Bowey/Carrick/? + 3rd/? <---> Oliver Ekman-Larsson + Martin Hanzal

I don't see Arizona even remotely considering that. Two very valuable, core-type pieces there for mostly secondary pieces (Alzner may be borderline core depending on the team, but the not enough to pry away a guy like OEL without a huge add-on).

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I don't see Arizona even remotely considering that. Two very valuable, core-type pieces there for mostly secondary pieces (Alzner may be borderline core depending on the team, but the not enough to pry away a guy like OEL without a huge add-on).

I'm bad at trades :dunno:

NeilYoung

May 7, 2009
I made two trades, sent John Erskine to LTIR, and sent Latta and O'Brien to Hershey.

Mike Green + Vrana/? <---> Ryan O'Reilly

You honestly think if ARZ puts one of the leagues best young d-man and a great two way center on the market, all they can get is a top four d-man barely a top six forward and meh prospect? Oh sorry and a third round pick?

Seriously this isn't NHL 15

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
To get OEL, I think it would be more along the lines of Carlson + Kuznetsov/Burakovky. Otherwise we're talking Backstrom.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
You honestly think if ARZ puts one of the leagues best young d-man and a great two way center on the market, all they can get is a top four d-man barely a top six forward and meh prospect? Oh sorry and a third round pick?

Seriously this isn't NHL 15

To get OEL, I think it would be more along the lines of Carlson + Kuznetsov/Burakovky. Otherwise we're talking Backstrom.

See above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino