Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Guys, I want to declare:

I'm not for placing Kuz above Bura or Kuz > Bura and wasn't.

All I was saying were just about the hypothetical lines in the Spring, pure theoretical topic. Like sheltering such lines vs sheltering another type of lines. Screw it. Sorry for making it sound like whining in too many messages. I have no complaints about current state of things.

So this "Kuz fanboy club" thing should die.

I don't know this Haply guy either in real life! :P

Other than two of us I didn't see anyone suggesting of Bura demotion in favor of Kuz. So there is no such consensus and there wasn't at any time.

PS: I mean, lets focus on Schmidt with no goals yet! That's a crime, someone should be pitchforked for that.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
Washington Capitals ‏@washcaps 4m4 minutes ago

Possible #Caps lines @ today's practice: Ovechkin-Backstrom-Fehr, Johansson-Burakovsky-Brouwer, Chimera-Kuznetsov-Beagle, O'Brien-Latta-Ward

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I wonder what Ward did during the curling trip to tick off the coaching staff...?

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia

Possible #Caps lines @ today's practice: Ovechkin-Backstrom-Fehr, Johansson-Burakovsky-Brouwer, Chimera-Kuznetsov-Beagle, O'Brien-Latta-Ward

So! Either Trotz is for real or he's reading this board.

Hi Barry! :)

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I wonder what Ward did during the curling trip to tick off the coaching staff...?

I don't think he did anything.

Everyone here would like to see Fehr back on the 1st line and Kuz promoted to the 3rd.

However...Kuz SUX at faceoffs and Beagle is good at them.

I think thats the thought process or at least thats the first thing that went thru my mind.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
However...Kuz SUX at faceoffs and Beagle is good at them.

I saw actually Kuz winning the initial drop many times then teammates not getting it in contest with the opponents. Maybe there can be some improvement in this area.

Playing with Beagle and Chimera... well, it isn't checking line (neither is LOB-Latta-Ward). Who's getting the toughs?!

I don't recognize any idea behind the each bottom-6 line. How will they play?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I have been wanting Ward and Chimmer broken up for some time.

Push back was we can't break them up since they were our only good line. Spoken, as Rome burned to the ground.

If this team has to have 2 grinders together to win a cup, we will never win a cup. All lines need a grinder, someone to do the dirty work. They can be effectively be sprinkled across the lineup, and I think need to be for a coach eyeballing rolling 4 lines.

Attaboy Trotz for not being afraid to try and make 4 perfect lines, versus clinging to a one and only.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Wouldn't surprise me.. I bet a lot of guys do you wouldn't think about, even some may post here.

Either way, fans have good ideas. We see the team from another angle, we know this team inside and out.

Hi Barry! Keep up the good work. :yo:

I still think tx is GMGM.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
I was impressed by Latta in the preseason but he hasn't shown much since coming back from injury. Hopefully he picks it up to take the sting out of the Forsberg trade.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Wouldn't surprise me.. I bet a lot of guys do you wouldn't think about, even some may post here.

Either way, fans have good ideas. We see the team from another angle, we know this team inside and out.

Hi Barry! Keep up the good work. :yo:

One time I was reading a post on the main board and out of nowhere Bob McKenzie posted to get the facts straight. It was verified by the mods that it was indeed him.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
haha I don't know the exact link.

But he posts here. I'm pretty sure his username is BobMcKenzie so you can do an advanced search on his name or just ask a mod.

He's posted more than once.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I think Fehr has more worth as the RW on the 1st line than centering the 3rd line. Think he brings more to the table there. I'm intrigued by that 3rd line. Maybe Kuz and Chimmers develops something.

Halpysback*

Yay good lines finally! (minus the Beagle-Ward screwup)

Maybe this time things will be different after all... I'm back to not being done with this team

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
One time I was reading a post on the main board and out of nowhere Bob McKenzie posted to get the facts straight. It was verified by the mods that it was indeed him.

"BobMckenzie has not made any friends yet" :laugh:

Good, Fehr back on the top line.
Happy to see Fehr and Brower where they belong. Disappointed to see Beagle with Chimmer and Kuz though (if it's long term).Perhaps it's because it's the first time he's ever been able to play in his hometown? Trotz threw him a bone because he's a very old school kind of coach.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Don't know about the results, but happy about the attempt to try something different.

Fehr on the top line, yeah, probably is the right thing. Would you rather have a 1st line that works, or a 3rd line that works? Makes sense to see if he can really solidify 1st line long term.

Chimmer & Ward being split up? Well, it's easy enough to put them back together, and anyhow, like someone mentioned, Beagle might be there just to make sure Kuz has faceoffs backup, and if Kuz gets better at faceoffs, Ward could easily come back. Plus, Beagle is really fresh, but that's a temporary thing.

It's nice that Trotz is looking to give Kuz more ice time. The problem, of course, is it's gonna be hard for Kuz to really make a mark without skilled linemates. Just one would be good. But here Trotz doesn't have much choice, as long as he wants to keep him at center. Ovi is with Nick, MJ is with Bura, that makes sense for now.. and that's about it for skill. Quite likely if Laich were healthy, Trotz would've put him on this 3rd line, but that's also small consolation, since what's the last line that Laich has really made better?

I end up with the same conclusion -- Caps need to replace one of Brouwer, Laich, (or maybe, but less likely -- Ward) with somebody quicker and with better hands. I think we're one skilled player short.

Incidentally, it's possible that Bura is more capable than Kuz of having success with two North-American style wingers.. he's quicker, he's trigger happy in a good way, etc.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Trotz said that he was about to bench Chimera after he took a bad penalty v FLA but drew a penalty before he could get to the bench from the penalty box. He then called him out for the offensive zone penalty he took in Edmonton. I am going to say that this breakup of Ward and Chimera has more to do with Chimera than Ward.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad