Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
You know whats funny?

I was one of the few who supported MP85 the whole way thru his time here even suggesting we should give him a long look at 2C. Most disagreed and wanted him gone.

When we got rid of him its then proof GMGM is an idiot when the very same posters didn't want MP to begin with.

I'm glad he is doing well and that BB is doing well.

Been a Matty P fan all along. GMGM is an idiot. :D

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Orlov back to Hershey.

Hahahaha!

dog-scientist.jpg

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
You know whats funny?

I was one of the few who supported MP85 the whole way thru his time here even suggesting we should give him a long look at 2C. Most disagreed and wanted him gone.

When we got rid of him its then proof GMGM is an idiot when the very same posters didn't want MP to begin with.

I was one of his few supporters from his draft year. There were very few of us because of his size IMO.

Happy for his success...

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
That odd moment where Perreault is outscoring Laich and Brouwer combined.

Brouwer is the worst tho...

At least Laich is recovering from an injury. Brouwer gets prime PP time on the 1st unit on a top ranked PP in the league and still fails.

And I love Brouwer!! Reality is that he is getting worse and worse as the season rolls on and Oates is not helping him any by continuing to put a struggling player out in key situations that will drain his confidence more when he fails.

I understand what he (Oates) is trying to do but I think it has run its course. Brouwer needs to be sheltered and his ice time cut drastically.

That would be my headline.

I miss Bruce.

+1

Not only did McPhee make him go against his style by turning to the trap ..the guy turns around and fires him. He was the best coach we ever had by a country mile.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
You know whats funny?

I don't know man, I think actually the people who wanted MP gone (or at least gone for a bag of pucks) were in the minority..

Even if they had their doubts, it was pretty ridiculous to move him before figuring out how the different centers were going to fit in..

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I don't know man, I think actually the people who wanted MP gone (or at least gone for a bag of pucks) were in the minority..

Even if they had their doubts, it was pretty ridiculous to move him before figuring out how the different centers were going to fit in..

Well for certain I don't recall anyone but me saying he should be the #2C.

MP is not a bottom 6 centerman. Thats not his skillset. Its top 6 or bust.

Here Backstrom was #1 but every poster and their mother was claiming we needed a #2C and this was after MPs impressive playoff showing last year.

So if people wanted him they wanted him in a role that clearly he is not cut out for.

The more baffling thing is that when Backstrom went down MP stepped in and produced to keep us afloat. He was good. But even Hunter chucked him on the bench in that playoffs.

Everybody hate MP

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Looks like McPhee tries to find a way to fit Rusty Klesla. Orlov sent down.
It's probably more to get Orlov into Hershey's game tomorrow. I don't think the numbers work unless they also send Schmidt down and waive Beagle. Even then they'd only have 6D and I doubt Klesla isn't claimed by the time Washington has a chance.

Phoenix has much better organizational defensive depth and there is reason to be concerned with Klesla's injury history catching up to him.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Thats garbage. He's a good goalie and has already carried the load for an entire season and showed well. He's still very young for a goalie too.

Guys like Klesla can actually be traded easier than getting claimed on waivers in a salary cap world where many teams would have to send salary back in order to make room for a player.
He is not a good goalie. The one time he was considered a starter, he had a .914 save percentage, good for 25th in the league that year, on the 4th best defensive team in the NHL. Since that year his save percentage is under .910. He's in the bottom half of goaltenders in terms of save percentage each year (qualified goaltenders).

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
He is not a good goalie. The one time he was considered a starter, he had a .914 save percentage, good for 25th in the league that year, on the 4th best defensive team in the NHL. Since that year his save percentage is under .910. He's in the bottom half of goaltenders in terms of save percentage each year (qualified goaltenders).

So let me get this straight. SV pctg is the sole qualifier of whether a goalie is good or not?

He's a young goalie. It takes time for them to develop. That requires patience. Most HF posters don't know the meaning of the word and expect every goalie to step in his rookie year and be Cam Ward or Patrick Roy. Most however are like Kolzig in that they don't hit their stride til much later.

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
Yes they're a whole 2 wins and 2 OT games better....

Come on....too early to be shouting crap like that from the rooftops.

Phoenix DOES have one of the top two or three defensive squads though. There's an embarrassment of riches there with players like OEL, Yandle, Michalek and Stone - with Rundblad waiting in the wings.

Edit: Oh yeah and Gormley!

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Phoenix DOES have one of the top two or three defensive squads though. There's an embarrassment of riches there with players like OEL, Yandle, Michalek and Stone - with Rundblad waiting in the wings.

Not saying they don't have some talent, just too early to be proclaiming anything of substance...maybe you're right and Rusty, a Phoenix castoff is better than our bottom 3 defenders....pretty sad if so...

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
Not saying they don't have some talent, just too early to be proclaiming anything of substance...maybe you're right and Rusty, a Phoenix castoff is better than our bottom 3 defenders....pretty sad if so...

Long-term I think Schmidt is the more valuable commodity but I wonder if Klesla would fit with Green better right now at least until Erskine is back - as long as Erskine has regained what little speed he had.

Liberati0n*

So let me get this straight. SV pctg is the sole qualifier of whether a goalie is good or not?

He's a young goalie. It takes time for them to develop. That requires patience. Most HF posters don't know the meaning of the word and expect every goalie to step in his rookie year and be Cam Ward or Patrick Roy. Most however are like Kolzig in that they don't hit their stride til much later.

Save percentage is the only really established goalie stat there is. Obviously you can break it down by situation (special teams, score, etc.) to see things more precisely, but that's what there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad