Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Edmonton media call it like it is. They are either hated for it or loved for it. Every single Canucks crew, heck even Hockey night in punjabi- which is technically supposed to be neutral are all homering out for Vancouver. Canuck fans also crying about why they don't have more of "their" guys on broadcast networks. They are littered with them. If this keeps on going, Can't wait for the Oilers to put an end to this clownshow. Victim complex. Cringe cousin disease.

Waving the white towel is so fitting for Vancouver media. Crying foul acting like victims of conspiracy theories against them. Oilers really should be up 2-0 in this series. Unfortunately goaltending has let them down. If the goaltending is even average this series is over quick.

HAHAHA oh that's hilarious, goaltending was the problem in game one?

Not the fact that the Oilers had 8 shots in the last 2 periods?

Speaking of goaltending imagine if we had our starting goalie in net rather then our third stringer......

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Do Oilers fans claim Ryan Whitney as their own? Guys a hack.
Reminds me of the obnoxious frat boy who is just there, didn't do jack shit but got an A on the group project. Man hasn't learned maturity since he left the NHL.
This can't be a serious question. The mistake is listening to anything him or biz say to begin with.

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
Ah yes the unbiased Pulitzer Prize winning calibre Mark Spector……….maybe Gene Principe can add some additional intellectual insight in to the matter…….what a crew!
Lmao Spec is hated by the overwhelming majority of Oilers fans. Hilarious that even this guy is calling out the crybaby Canucks.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

Speaking of goaltending imagine if we had our starting goalie in net rather then our third stringer......
We’d be able to get out the brooms and the boys would thankfully only have to spend 2 games in Edmonton. Lol

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Do Oilers fans claim Ryan Whitney as their own? Guys a hack.
Reminds me of the obnoxious frat boy who is just there, didn't do jack shit but got an A on the group project. Man hasn't learned maturity since he left the NHL.
No we don’t. He’s only a social media “personality” trying to get likes and followers… anyone with half a brain can figure that out.

You have identified and described him very well.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Vancouver has been so blessed with pbp guys.

Batch
Shorty
Hughson
Robson

To rub salt in the wounds, we also had Tom Larscheid.

I can understand if others are envious.

And we all know what envy leads to . . .

Anyway, back on topic - it will be Andy Rooney and Skeletor. I don't expect McDavid to flagrantly high stick Hughes in the face tonight. Good to see Bettman and the NHL shamed into giving Sutherland the boot.

Reactions: rypper

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Response to Spector:

The Vancouver Canucks are zero wins in eight playoffs games all time in which Kelly Sutherland is an official: 0 for 8.

The probability of this happening by chance is approaching that of the Oilers winning the draft lottery in three consecutive years (2012, 2011 and 2010) and then again in 2015.

The probability of this happening by chance is approaching that of Spector understanding statistics.
Canucks were 2-1 in the regular season with Sutherland… Oilers were 2-4… stop the whining. Digging up shit from 2011 is so weak.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017

Yet, with decent goaltending in the third the Oilers would had won the game with 8 shots in the last 2 periods....

I really don't get why the Nucks fans are soo proud, and keep talking about the complete domination. Nucks scored 3 goals on 8 shots in the last period, the Oilers needed a .875% SV in that period to win.... .875%....

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
No we don’t. He’s only a social media “personality” trying to get likes and followers… anyone with half a brain can figure that out.

He’s a washed up hockey personality that tries to appeal to the younger generation of “hockey culture”. I would be surprised if any fanbase would want to “claim him”

Reactions: Summer Rose and zar

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Wonder if Sutherland is in game 3? Gonna make my bet in . Canucks are 0-9 when he’s in

I remember sutherland's name come up in the 2021 playoffs as well because the Habs were something like 0-6 in Sutherland officiated games. I don't recall the exact number but it was lopsided.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

I came across a post on Facebook from some generic NHL site, I'm like 'wait, how old is this guy again?'

Reactions: zar

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016

Batch
Shorty
Hughson
Robson

Anyway, back on topic - it will be Andy Rooney and Skeletor. I don't expect McDavid to flagrantly high stick Hughes in the face tonight. Good to see Bettman and the NHL shamed into giving Sutherland the boot.

Shorty and Hughson are the cream of the crop imo. Loved listening to Shorty on the radio as a kid.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Batch
Shorty
Hughson
Robson

I liked them all except batch kind of rubs me the wrong way. I just chuckle now everytime he mentions when a Canucks player is "taken down but no call"

Larscheid was a homer but he was fun, and he also gave it it to them when they deserved it. These days a guy like larscheid would never get a chance. His expertise was actually in football, and he just happened to get the Canucks gig as well, I presume because the radio rights of the lions and Canucks were held by the same station.

Reactions: I am toxic

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Yet, with decent goaltending in the third the Oilers would had won the game with 8 shots in the last 2 periods....

I really don't get why the Nucks fans are soo proud, and keep talking about the complete domination. Nucks scored 3 goals on 8 shots in the last period, the Oilers needed a .875% SV in that period to win.... .875%....
Ok if you wanna go that route, with decent goaltending the Canucks aren't down by 2 goals going into the third, hell, it's likely they don't give up the first or second goal in the game either with Demko in net, likely that game would have been completely different......

We aren't proud, (most of us at least) we aren't dominating shit right now, it's been completely back and forth and the series being tied 1-1 is completely reflective of that.

That's how most sane rational Canucks fans feel. Oh and your PP scares the crap out of us LOL.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017

Your starting goalie wouldn't of made a difference in game 2, your tender played fantastic

Reactions: zar

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Reactions: Summer Rose

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
I mean if you're Drai/McDavid, and you keep doing this show and dance of showing up with a supporting cast that finds a way to shit the bed, how long are you okay with just staying in Edmonton? The only game the Oilers have won in this series was literally on the backs of McDavid/Draisaitl dragging the entire team along with them. Skinner is shitting the bed for sure, but you guys are also making our boy Silovs look like a Vezina caliber goalie (Appreciate it for sure though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad