Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Don't get overly excited about Klesla. There is no way he gets past Oilers and Islanders.

Halpysback*

Another easily acquirable 2LD just passing by.

Thanks McNoCup.

Halpysback*

Have to agree with you guys. Returns thus far have shown that it hasn't been executed all that well.

Its still early but I think GMGM has not done enough to obtain grit where its REALLY needed...on the D. Wilson, Latta etc need time to develop more.

I also agree that Erat is far harder to play against than some guys who get more time ahead of him.

I also think we need more skill in the top 6. Kuznetsov should help with that tho.

It hasn't executed well because he has no idea how to do it. GMGM simply does not understand roster composition in any capacity. He does not think of how players think together, what identity lines could have. He sees a guy with some NHL 13 specs and maybe a reputation, goes out and gets him, plugs him into the roster and learns nothing when that guy fails. And he does not even know how his coaches see particular players

For example, if you wanted to make a tough to play against roster this year.

- acquire Dave Bolland
- Sign Matt Cooke
- Sign Lapierre
- trade for Steve Downie
- trade for Ladislav Smid
- get Klesla

Cooke Bolland Downie
Chimera Lapierre Wilson
Latta Enforcer (cause by god we'd need one)

Alzner Carlson
Smid Orlov
Klesla Green/someone tougher to play against than Green who has some PMD skill.
That's tough to play against. Pain in the ass tough. Roll that first 5 minutes of a game and you have Crosby running around crying the next 55 instead of playing hockey.

Last edited by a moderator:

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
This. Neuvirth isn't even a good back up, let alone a good starter.

Thats garbage. He's a good goalie and has already carried the load for an entire season and showed well. He's still very young for a goalie too.

Guys like Klesla can actually be traded easier than getting claimed on waivers in a salary cap world where many teams would have to send salary back in order to make room for a player.

Halpysback*

Urbom was waived and he's been very good for us. Hilarious, indeed.

Or just looking back off the top of my head

Jokinen (~PPG with the pens)
Peverley
Briere
Bryzgalov (when he was good)
St. Louis
Souray
Sharp (pretty sure but could have just been dumped)

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
GMGM is the King of Dumpster Diving. He'll try to get in on this for sure.

Halpysback*

Thats garbage. He's a good goalie and has already carried the load for an entire season and showed well. He's still very young for a goalie too.

Guys like Klesla can actually be traded easier than getting claimed on waivers in a salary cap world where many teams would have to send salary back in order to make room for a player.

There's a chance you see him clear and then get traded with minor salary coming back or being retained like with Jokinen. Waiving him was prob easier than making 30 phone calls.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I still don't get the move from a Phoenix perspective. By all accounts, he's playing well when on the ice. There's no risk of exceeding the Cap.

The only thing that would make sense is they're trying to make salary room in their internal budget for an addition.

It's a mystery why they couldn't get at least a modest future for him from somebody.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Looking at teams with semi-expendable $~4M defensemen they're almost all within the Metro division (Gleason, Volchenkov, Meszaros). There aren't all that many good fits out there, assuming that's the sort of deal that will have to be made. I wouldn't doubt having to waive Erat at some point, which I guess Erat would agree to.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
There's a chance you see him clear and then get traded with minor salary coming back or being retained like with Jokinen. Waiving him was prob easier than making 30 phone calls.

This is what I see happening.

I bet there are teams interested who just don't have the cap space to make it happen. If they could send some back then they'd be willing to part with a pick or player to make it happen.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

This isn't fantasy hockey. You don't waive players just because you are lazy. :help:

He will be claimed, so many teams need defensive help. Most of them have cap left aswell.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad