Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part LX (FA Frenzy 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
At this rate I can't wait for the "we should bring Green back for cheap" discussion after he's bought out of his albatross contract in a couple years.

Or he gives us the Larry Murphy treatment.

Either way this is gonna be fun on here...

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
More than when he scored 40 goals for Boudreau while contributing very underrated defense?

I like your optimism.

Nothing but reasonableness surrounding Semin :rolleyes:

He might not get the same type of offensive output he did under Bruce. But I think Trotz can straighten him out somewhat. Stop the boneheaded penalties, bring in more effort every day, and like the the poster above said, tap more into his 2 way potential.

I said its a gut feeling, not something that is really based on anything much other than the fact that Trotz was able to get everyone to buy into him so quickly.

'Sall man.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Hurricanes should have held onto him another year to see if he could bounce back.

The coach and him must have REALLY REALLY REALLY not seen eye to eye for this to happen.

He'll generate interest from alot of teams and his agent will try to (and likely get) either a big 1 year contract or a slightly less big 2 year deal.

Now that the contract is out of the way there will be interest in him for sure. It just feels that he has burnt a good amount of bridges here. On the flip side him and Ovie are still best of friends.

I don't know if we need the headache but its whatever

Chukcha

Aug 24, 2011
mongolian steppes
wow! Please please please GMBM, show the balls and grab him for 1 year. Low risk, high reward. i don't want to watch him scoring 30+ goals on Malkin's or Datsyuk's wing.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
If we hold on to Laich I'll officially say my mind is blown.

I mean, send the guy packing and pay up to do it if you have to...

His contract is a contention killer.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Holtby is arbitration eligible. There was never going to be another suitor for Holtby.

If they didn't use a CBO on Laich last off-season, they're not going to buy him out this off-season and have him actually impact the cap.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Semin for 1/1

just because he wants to play here.

the only reason I think he could play well under Trotz is because he played under Hunter.

editx2..
have no idea if that's even possible, would caps have to pick up some of his cap hit? i'm not completely sure how it works.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Semin for 1/1

just because he wants to play here.

the only reason I think he could play well under Trotz is because he played under Hunter.

editx2..
have no idea if that's even possible, would caps have to pick up some of his cap hit? i'm not completely sure how it works.

Semin will clear the waivers (because no one wants that horrible contract) and the Canes will buy it out.
Semin can start over with a clean slate as a UFA.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Chris Kuc
@ChrisKuc
As for Patrick Sharp, told #Blackhawks' asking price remains too high for a deal at this time.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Holtby is arbitration eligible. There was never going to be another suitor for Holtby.

If they didn't use a CBO on Laich last off-season, they're not going to buy him out this off-season and have him actually impact the cap.

Laich hadn't been medically cleared by the end of the buyout period last year, so they couldn't have bought him out even if they wanted to.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Semin is ok with me just not a lot of term. Ovie-Backstrom-Semin wasn't terrible and with Orlov,Galiev and Kuzy here I'd assume he would be more motivated here than elsewhere. Also I think most fans miss him and would welcome him back. Just don't see he and Brouwer working out which is cool cause Brouwer should shut his mouth and hit the road.

The only team I could see offer sheeting Holtby is Winnepeg. Though highly unlikely I could see how they think they're a stud hometown goalie away from being serious contenders and the picks wouldn't hurt a ton.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Semin is ok with me just not a lot of term. Ovie-Backstrom-Semin wasn't terrible and with Orlov,Galiev and Kuzy here I'd assume he would be more motivated here than elsewhere. Also I think most fans miss him and would welcome him back. Just don't see he and Brouwer working out which is cool cause Brouwer should shut his mouth and hit the road.

The only team I could see offer sheeting Holtby is Winnepeg. Though highly unlikely I could see how they think they're a stud hometown goalie away from being serious contenders and the picks wouldn't hurt a ton.

Yes. We must sign Holtby ASAP. Give him 5x6 and we're good to go.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011

I thought we didn't tender Holtby...? Or are the QO's not actually tenders?

Also, i'm not sure why any fan would be against Semin on a cheap 1 year deal. If he sucks you don't bring him back, if he blows up you've got your needed top sixer.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Semin is only motivated around Russians? :laugh:

Holtby is arbitration eligible. The Caps will simply take him to arbitration if they have to, which prevents other teams from offer sheeting him.
Also Winnipeg has Hutchinson. I can't see them overpaying for a goalie that will block him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad