Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap/Lines etc. Part LXX (2016 TDL Pre-Game Pt2)(2/29-Laich traded!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Nothing new yet. At the deadline for the Caps, stuff doesnt leak at the TDL day until 12-1 PM. What we do know so far is this.
1.The Caps are out on Hamhuis according to multiple sources
2. The Caps have/had interest in Russell of the Flames. However #3 might cancel this.
3. Multiple sources have the Caps will not be getting a defenseman. Vogel pointed this out today and Friedman, who reported Hamhuis and Russell, said he would not be surprised if they get a forward instead.
4. The Caps maybe interested in Hanzel.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Shot blocks are not a good stat, it means the other team has the puck a lot. Dan Girardi is always near the top of the league in blocked shots, doesn't mean he's not washed up.

Alzner doesn't turn the puck over much, but he doesn't make any plays either. When's the last time he's made a nice stretch pass or contributed meaningfully offensively?

Again, he is a fine enough player but I would not prioritize him over Mojo if Mojo keeps playing this way.

Girardi is washed up because he can't move the puck. That's why he drags down McDonagh possession wise. Because he is pinned in his own end, Girardi has to block a ton of shots to make up for it. Alzner blocks shots but almost always makes the right choice in transition.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Nothing new yet. At the deadline for the Caps, stuff doesnt leak at the TDL day until 12-1 PM. What we do know so far is this.
1.The Caps are out on Hamhuis according to multiple sources
2. The Caps have/had interest in Russell of the Flames. However #3 might cancel this.
3. Multiple sources have the Caps will not be getting a defenseman. Vogel pointed this out today and Friedman, who reported Hamhuis and Russell, said he would not be surprised if they get a forward instead.
4. The Caps maybe interested in Hanzel.

these are nice and all but no one really knows what gmbm is up to cause his trades never seen to be known before hand

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
these are nice and all but no one really knows what gmbm is up to cause his trades never seen to be known before hand

I know. I'm just following past deadlines. We usually don't hear about player names until noon (Arnott, Halak, Glencross). And then we dont hear about these deals until 30 mins before or after the deadline.

aquablue

May 4, 2010
I think from the game today, it is obvious to all those with a brain that it would be helpful if they make a move for an upgrade to the team if they hope to compete with the big dogs.

I'm fully expcecting a move as I know this team is serious about winning a cup and they can't be that stupid to think we are able to beat the Hawks/LA in a 7 game series with the current team.

Last edited:

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
is Hanzal that good? I checked the Arizona's board and they are expecting for him Mojo + Vrana/Bowey/Samsonov + 1st or along this line. It seems they are really high on him

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
is Hanzal that good? I checked the Arizona's board and they are expecting for him Mojo + Vrana/Bowey/Samsonov + 1st or along this line. It seems they are really high on him
That's insane. If anything it would probably be around Mojo with a slight add, but I can't see them getting a package that huge

aquablue

May 4, 2010

I would do Mojo + Laich + pick/prospect.

Then pick up someone else to fill in the missing holes.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009

Fans always overvalue their players in these instances. I'm sure there is good Peyote out there in AZ. They aren't getting anything close to that from the Caps. The guy hasn't played a near full season in 6 years and he's not getting younger meaning his injury trouble will only get worse from here on out.

I wouldn't even trade MJ alone for him. Younger, faster, more productive and best of all he actually can stay healthy.

aquablue

May 4, 2010
The team today looked poor and were trampled on by Chicago. I fully expect the GM of the team to do something that will help us level the playing field and compete. It looked like Men Vs Boys out there today sadly.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia

He's an elite checking line C when healthy.

Laich, 1st and prospect.

aquablue

May 4, 2010
He's an elite checking line C when healthy.

Laich, 1st and prospect.

Laich, First, Bowey + maybe would do it. I don't see them taking one of our mediocre prospects. You have to pay extra for them to take Laich.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I would do Mojo + Laich + pick/prospect.

Then pick up someone else to fill in the missing holes.
If Boyd Gordon isn't out for the year I would do

Mojo + Laich + Chris Brown (former coyote property, late healthy scratch tonight in Hershey) + 2nd for Hanzal + Gordon

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Is there a legit Johansson for Hanzal rumor?

I do it all day long. Yeah, Johansson is younger and has shown well the lat little while, but Hanzal is one of the best defensive centers in the league. An elite defensive center is the an element common to all the Cup winners since Pittsburgh.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
The team today looked poor and were trampled on by Chicago. I fully expect the GM of the team to do something that will help us level the playing field and compete. It looked like Men Vs Boys out there today sadly.

your right we were the men today, is that why we held them to 23 shots?

edit: or outhit them 47-27?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

I do it all day long. Yeah, Johansson is younger and has shown well the lat little while, but Hanzal is one of the best defensive centers in the league. An elite defensive center is the an element common to all the Cup winners since Pittsburgh.

no, there is a rumor the caps are interested in hanzal. johansson is a guess on return

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Laich, First, Bowey + maybe would do it. I don't see them taking one of our mediocre prospects. You have to pay extra for them to take Laich.

I wouldn't deal Bowey, Vrana, or Samsonov for anything less than an established top pairing defenseman or scoring winger.

I'd think about Barber.

PucksInDeep

Oct 1, 2014
The eye test showed that they were just bullying us out there today in skill and confidence.

Shockingly the defending Cup champs, with 3 cups in 6 seasons, are confident while playing at home.

No trade is going to change that :laugh:

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009

Backstrom is a pretty elite defensive C is he not? Trotz thinks so. Most think its a sham he hasn't been considered for a selke.

Hanzal has about a 70% rate of play over the last 4 years. He makes Eric Fehr look like an iron man.

What good is Hanzal if he is on IR which he most likely will be especially in the playoffs?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Shockingly the defending Cup champs, with 3 cups in 6 seasons, are confident while playing at home.

No trade is going to change that :laugh:

so it was basically: caps outshot hawks 30-23. outhit them 47-27, lose 3-2 on road against the top west team on a 12:30 matinee and we got outclassed? sometimes you just get unlucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille