About Hakstol

VoiceOfTheFlyers

Sep 28, 2017
200w.gif

What the hell did I just read on these last few pages?

This isn't even a matter of opinion, it's being factually incorrect and somehow being stubborn/ignorant/arrogant enough to argue anyway.

And a hearty "lul" at saying advanced statistics are "baloney" after using ****ing +/- the page before. :laugh:
Advanced stats means di**. No one has ever built a hockey team based on advanced stats. No one has ever proved advanced stats have more and better meaning than regular stats. No one has ever proved a player with better advanced stats is in real life, a better player.

What can be said and what is real though is Werenski has more responsibilities for Columbus than Provorov does for the Flyers, outproduces Provorov, is better defensively, is a better PKer, and runs the PP for Columbus.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Its bad dude. Really bad.
If someone said Werenski was a better defensemen right now, I wouldn't care too much, whether I agree or disagree. THAT is a difference of opinion/evaluation.

But when you go so far as to say it isn't remotely close and then that Provorov isn't good defensively (and whatever other nonsense was spewed, I don't want to have to read it again), then it's just being argumentative and borderline trolling. I refuse to believe that he really believes what he said, so I think he just got annoyed at so many people disagreeing with him and decided to be inflammatory. Like an animal backed into a corner who starts to get aggressive.

Then he posts this...
Advanced stats means di**. No one has ever built a hockey team based on advanced stats. No one has ever proved advanced stats have more and better meaning than regular stats. No one has ever proved a player with better advanced stats is in real life, a better player.

What can be said and what is real though is Werenski has more responsibilities for Columbus than Provorov does for the Flyers, outproduces Provorov, is better defensively, is a better PKer, and runs the PP for Columbus.
... and proves my point. He doesn't believe this... he wants to start an argument.

Reactions: Tripod and Rebels57

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If someone said Werenski was a better defensemen right now, I wouldn't care too much, whether I agree or disagree. THAT is a difference of opinion/evaluation.

But when you go so far as to say it isn't remotely close and then that Provorov isn't good defensively (and whatever other nonsense was spewed, I don't want to have to read it again), then it's just being argumentative and borderline trolling. I refuse to believe that he really believes what he said, so I think he just got annoyed at so many people disagreeing with him and decided to be inflammatory. Like an animal backed into a corner who starts to get aggressive.

Then he posts this...

... and proves my point. He doesn't believe this... he wants to start an argument.

Smantas(sp?) vibes anyone?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Smantas(sp?) vibes anyone?
Hahaha wouldn't that be clever? Make a new account pretending to be a Flyers fan, undercover trolling.

The only difference is Smantzas was clever enough to not flame people in his trolling posts so he could avoid infractions. This guy insulted a few of you and if reported would likely have those posts removed, and possibly an infraction. Rookie mistakes.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hahaha wouldn't that be clever? Make a new account pretending to be a Flyers fan, undercover trolling.

The only difference is Smantzas was clever enough to not flame people in his trolling posts so he could avoid infractions. This guy insulted a few of you and if reported would likely have those posts removed, and possibly an infraction. Rookie mistakes.

Insults happen both ways, I can deal with them...lol.

I am just flabbergasted that ANYONE could watch all 82 Flyers games, and come away saying what he is saying about Provy being bad defensively, etc...

Had to put on a neck brace from all the head shaking.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Insults happen both ways, I can deal with them...lol.

I am just flabbergasted that ANYONE could watch all 82 Flyers games, and come away saying what he is saying about Provy being bad defensively, etc...

Had to put on a neck brace from all the head shaking.
That's why I'm so convinced he's just saying it to be argumentative.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Haven't been following the preseason too closely. Why do we hate Hakstol?

VoiceOfTheFlyers

Sep 28, 2017

Then he posts this...

I absolutely believe it. I only post facts and truth based in reality. I'm not the guy putting words I never said in other people's mouths, twisting statements, being hypocritical by saying the beat writers know nothing and then using them to support your arguments, or using abstract mathematical equations to twist it to your arguments.

I can never be that underhanded. That's you guys.

Also, Werenski does eveything Provorov does but also runs Columbus' PP, Provorov does no such thing for the Flyers, therefore, yes he does have more responsibilities.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
That's why I'm so convinced he's just saying it to be argumentative.

Yeah...he even said Werenski was better on the PK....in those 45 seconds a game he plays on the PK. Zack was the 5th D option for CBus on the PK. I guess Provy would be the 6th best option.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I absolutely believe it. I only post facts and truth based in reality. I'm not the guy putting words I never said in other people's mouths, twisting statements, being hypocritical by saying the beat writers know nothing and then using them to support your arguments, or using abstract mathematical equations to twist it to your arguments.

I can never be that underhanded. That's you guys.

Also, Werenski does eveything Provorov does but also runs Columbus' PP, Provorov does no such thing fornthe Flyers, therefore, yes he does have more responsibilities.

Like Chicago was game 1 of the season?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
That was irrelevant to the point of the post, which was Chicago was his nightmare game.

No no, you only posts facts. That's what you said.

The fact that you can't even admit you were wrong about that FACT, says it all. Then add in that you said he was bad for a string of games after that Chicago game...AGAIN NOT FACT since he was 2nd star just 2 games later.

If you can't get multiple FACTS right, that's on you.

As for the Chicago game, yup, was a nightmare game. Good job he rebounded and was 2nd star just 2 games later. Then was 1st star when he met Chicago the next time.

FACT.

VoiceOfTheFlyers

Sep 28, 2017
No no, you only posts facts. That's what you said.

The fact that you can't even admit you were wrong about that FACT, says it all. Then add in that you said he was bad for a string of games after that Chicago game...AGAIN NOT FACT since he was 2nd star just 2 games later.

If you can't get multiple FACTS right, that's on you.

As for the Chicago game, yup, was a nightmare game. Good job he rebounded and was 2nd star just 2 games later. Then was 1st star when he met Chicago the next time.

FACT.
No one asked me to admit I was wrong. The fact that I was mistaken in saying Chicago was the season opener should be self evident to anyone with a brain.

The facts are he sucked that entire month and the next after and didn't get a solid grip until January and even then was still up and down until the end of the season until he hit April.

2nd star of one game means what, exactly? That he was a rookie of the month? Oh wait, that would be Werenski.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
No one asked me to admit I was wrong. The fact that I was mistaken in saying Chicago was the season opener should be self evident to anyone with a brain.

The facts are he sucked that entire month and the next after and didn't get a solid grip until January and even then was still up and down until the end of the season until he hit April.

2nd star of one game means what, exactly? That he was a rookie of the month? Oh wait, that would be Werenski.

Oh...you were mistaken...not wrong. Got it.

And the 2nd star in game 7 PROVES your so called fact WRONG, when you said he had a bad string of games after the Chicago one.

Oh wait, maybe you were not wrong, and just mistaken again.

You can have the opinion that Werenski is better than Provy. At least that is a leg to stand on. Al the other bullshit you are spewing about Provy being bad defensively, etc... to reach that point is just that, bullshit.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Not in the real world, he didn't.

He had a really bad game, but magically stretching that into saying he sucked for months shows an agenda.

VoiceOfTheFlyers

Sep 28, 2017
Oh...you were mistaken...not wrong. Got it.

And the 2nd star in game 7 PROVES your so called fact WRONG, when you said he had a bad string of games after the Chicago one.

Oh wait, maybe you were not wrong, and just mistaken again.

You can have the opinion that Werenski is better than Provy. At least that is a leg to stand on. Al the other bull**** you are spewing about Provy being bad defensively, etc... to reach that point is just that, bull****.
He is bad defensively. He had two positives months out of the entire season. You want advanced stats since you're so big on them, chew on this....advanced stats say Amac was a far better player when he didn't have Provorov as a partner. On top of that, he stuggled on the PK. But yeah, let me follow you along with all the other blind lemmings and continue to spew hot garbage like Provorov is a bonafide #1 Dman.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I am done with your nonsense.

Hell, I tried to see if people agreed with you and started a poll. It was closed due to trolling because your stance is so outlandish. Oh, and you lost 3-0.

VoiceOfTheFlyers

Sep 28, 2017
I am done with your nonsense.

Hell, I tried to see if people agreed with you and started a poll. It was closed due to trolling because your stance is so outlandish. Oh, and you lost 3-0.
Closed after 3 votes lmfao. That's exactly how underhanded you guys are.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
i know it's preseason but this team has played so much better with sanheim, morin, patrick, i mean it says alot about hakstol, problem is why was hakstol hired since hextall couldnt get rid of the vets? that's the biggest problem with this hire, they are vets on this roster and they are tunning him out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad