About Hakstol

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Ok then. Let's prive it. Post a poll werenski vs provorov and let's see who the board votes. Time to see what you're really made of. Personally, I think you're a bunch of hot air.

Who, me? Yeah, I am definitely a gasbag, anyone here could tell you that - it's hardly a secret.

As to the poll, if you mean on our board, there's no point - Werenski would get one vote, from you.
If you mean on the main board, there's no point - they are all completely mental.

Reactions: GoneFullHextall

VoiceOfTheFlyers

Sep 28, 2017
Who, me? Yeah, I am definitely a gasbag, anyone here could tell you that - it's hardly a secret.

As to the poll, if you mean on our board, there's no point - Werenski would get one vote, from you.
If you mean on the main board, there's no point - they are all completely mental.
Not you personally. Your argument about werenski vs. provorov. And I mean all of HF not just this board.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I guess we just disagree then. I see nothing special about him. He's not great defensively, isn't exceptional offensively, doesn't (can't?) shut down the opposition, doesn't play well in front of his net.

These are just some of my observations. The positives are he can move the puck out of the zone, reads plays very well, knows where to go and what to do with the puck.

But here's the thing..........we could have had Werenski........that kind of hurts.

no denying Provorov went thru his rookie ups and downs last season. But you are way off base in you assessment of the kid. He was great for this team for most of the season last year. He was one of the few reasons to watch this team last year. That is a pretty short list to. like I can count the reasons on one hand.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Just as good as Werenski?! Hahahahahahahahahahaha

You realize Werenski was an 18 year old running Columbus' PP and playing great defense on top of it, right?

You know why he was running Columbus' PP? Because he's that good. Provorov will never sniff PP1 as long as Ghost is here.

You know why that is? Because he's not as good as Ghost there.

And you want to compare him with Werenski!!

If Werenski was on this team instead of Provorov, He still is not going to bump Ghost off the top PP unit. So that part of your argument fails.
nice try tho.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Just as good as Werenski?! Hahahahahahahahahahaha

You realize Werenski was an 18 year old running Columbus' PP and playing great defense on top of it, right?

You know why he was running Columbus' PP? Because he's that good. Provorov will never sniff PP1 as long as Ghost is here.

You know why that is? Because he's not as good as Ghost there.

And you want to compare him with Werenski!!

and that's somehow Provorov's fault that Ghost is so awesome on the PP? Werenski and Provorov ARE 100% comparable. look up their ES numbers and tell me otherwise, then factor in their D partners for most of the year. do you understand that concept? or are you one of those people that just look at fancy PP stats and think that decides everything? i guess Werenski is better than Doughty too since he was better on the PP? cause according to you that's all that matters.

Werenski got top PP because no one else was doing the job in Columbus. Johnson sucks and Murray has been a bust. Jones is good but wasn't doing enough offensively. it's not Provorov's fault that the year he joined the Flyers happened to be on the back of one of the most dominate rookie defenseman years ever. Provo never really had a chance to get those top PP minutes, and may not for awhile. that has more to do with Ghost being awesome than Provo being bad. put Provo on last years CBJ team and he tops 40 points easily, and Werenski doesn't if he were on our D last year.

VoiceOfTheFlyers

Sep 28, 2017
no denying Provorov went thru his rookie ups and downs last season. But you are way off base in you assessment of the kid. He was great for this team for most of the season last year. He was one of the few reasons to watch this team last year. That is a pretty short list to. like I can count the reasons on one hand.
He was the main reason I watched every game. This year it's going to be Morin.

That said, I think my assessment is spot on. He does nothing exceptionally well. Absolutely nothing. He's not on the PP1 and never will be while Ghost is around, he was, in my view, not a particularly good PKer either. Traffic in front of the net causes him nightmares.

People talk about the subtleties of his game, I have to laugh. You want to watch a guy who plays great subtle then watch Ryan Suter. Talk about playing a nuanced game.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Even without Gostisbehere here I’m not sure Provorov would touch Werenski’s offensive totals. The latter is just more dynamic on that front.

I wouldn’t go as far as saying Werenski is light years better than Provorov (or will be) but I don’t see a problem in someone saying he’s better.

VoiceOfTheFlyers

Sep 28, 2017
and that's somehow Provorov's fault that Ghost is so awesome on the PP? Werenski and Provorov ARE 100% comparable. look up their ES numbers and tell me otherwise, then factor in their D partners for most of the year. do you understand that concept? or are you one of those people that just look at fancy PP stats and think that decides everything? i guess Werenski is better than Doughty too since he was better on the PP? cause according to you that's all that matters.

Werenski got top PP because no one else was doing the job in Columbus. Johnson sucks and Murray has been a bust. Jones is good but wasn't doing enough offensively. it's not Provorov's fault that the year he joined the Flyers happened to be on the back of one of the most dominate rookie defenseman years ever. Provo never really had a chance to get those top PP minutes, and may not for awhile. that has more to do with Ghost being awesome than Provo being bad. put Provo on last years CBJ team and he tops 40 points easily, and Werenski doesn't if he were on our D last year.
If I'm so wrong then post a poll werenski vs. provorov on the main board and let's see who's right. I dare you.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Started the season as a 19 year old.

Ended the season as the Barry Ashbee Trophy winner as the teams Best Defensemen.

What a flat-out stupid conversation.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
200w.gif

What the hell did I just read on these last few pages?

This isn't even a matter of opinion, it's being factually incorrect and somehow being stubborn/ignorant/arrogant enough to argue anyway.

And a hearty "lul" at saying advanced statistics are "baloney" after using f***ing +/- the page before. :laugh:

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
200w.gif

What the hell did I just read on these last few pages?

This isn't even a matter of opinion, it's being factually incorrect and somehow being stubborn/ignorant/arrogant enough to argue anyway.

And a hearty "lul" at saying advanced statistics are "baloney" after using ****ing +/- the page before. :laugh:

Its bad dude. Really bad.

Reactions: Striiker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad