About Hakstol

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Hakstok has admitted that he has to do a better job relating to his players so that when he does things they may not agree with ...they still respect and trust his decision. That is kind of disconcerting to read..3 seasons into his tenure. I am sorry but if he can’t get this team into the playoffs and his team plays passionless and inconsistent hockey...he needs to go. I like Hextall’s measured and patient approach to building a contender but if he sticks with this totem pole of a coach and they remain mediocre ..or worse..regress...gonna start ripping into him like Holmgren...

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I don't think he needs to be fired, but that was really a bonehead move. I think he is definitely on a short leash though. If this team is not in playoff contention on America T'Giving count me in on the fire Hakstok bandwagon.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Worst head coach in the NHL at the moment. Hextall needs to see the writing is on the wall and cut ties before he too is on the hot seat. There is no salary cap on staff positions. Why is this organization not doing what the Leafs did and hire the best of the best at every staff position. They have the capital to do so and it makes a huge difference towards winning.

Reactions: kelmitchell

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
It'll be interesting to see how the players react going forward.

They were noticeably pissed and pretty vocal about it all last night.

Hak will have to shape up quickly or he's in danger of losing the room.

I was thinking a lot about this before HC, and I think we have to be careful not to read too much into their reactions. I think there's a good chance that nearly 100% of their frustration was directed toward the officials. Having said that, you and I and every other sentient being on the planet could understand them being sick to their back teeth of that moron.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Some notable quotables ...quite an indictment coming from this crew :D

"David Hakstok is a f***ing moron" ~ U.S Secretary of State "I am not a diplomat" Rex Tillerson

"The imperialist mentally deranged U.S. dotard David Hakstol must be tamed with fire ~ Kim "Rocket Man" Jung-Un

"David Hakstol is a SOB that needs to be FIRED...FIRED! Get him outta here! So low energy with that TERRIBLE call last night...SAD! ~Donald "Dotard" Trump

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I dont think Hakstol has lost the room. I think everyone was frustrated over how the last 3 minutes went down last night. Coaching was an issue last night, but if a couple little things happen the Flyers likely find a way to close that game out last night.

Not saying he lost the room but if he keeps doing stupid things that cost them games it's only going to grow in their minds.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It also depends on why he made the challenge, if it was the video guy's fault, the clubhouse will appreciate the coach not throwing the guy under the bus (if he's liked, if he's not, he's probably going to be quietly dismissed).

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I was listening to the Isles/Blues game on Monday on the way to work and Doug Weight had a challenge that the radio guys were questioning on why he did it. it was the same thing. their video guy saw something and Weight challenged it and lost. The Isles killed off the penalty when they were up 2-0.
I didnt read any post game on that game.
Hakstol taking the responsibility for the challenge doesnt change the fact that he needs to be aware of where the game was at that point. Even if he may have had a case it was a massive risk that backfired badly.
I still stand by the comments I made about the players needing to be better in closing that game out. It was a team wide fail. both in coaching and on the ice last night.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Hak would have to go scorched earth to lose this lockerroom. They willingly advanced leadership positions on Bellemare and MacDonald. Two of the worst regular players in the NHL.

These guys are gluttons for punishment. They love trash just because it shows up to work on time every day bright eyed and bushy tailed.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
I don't think he needs to be fired, but that was really a bonehead move. I think he is definitely on a short leash though. If this team is not in playoff contention on America T'Giving count me in on the fire Hakstok bandwagon.
As leader of the fire haktard committee we will have a black robe, and a seat waiting on your arrival.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Hakstok has admitted that he has to do a better job relating to his players so that when he does things they may not agree with ...they still respect and trust his decision. That is kind of disconcerting to read..3 seasons into his tenure. I am sorry but if he can’t get this team into the playoffs and his team plays passionless and inconsistent hockey...he needs to go. I like Hextall’s measured and patient approach to building a contender but if he sticks with this totem pole of a coach and they remain mediocre ..or worse..regress...gonna start ripping into him like Holmgren...
At this point he should be gone unless he wins a cup....hes that bad

catbellysqueezer

Dec 26, 2015
Is it possible that Hextall and Hakstol are two forms of a single reptilian shapeshifter?

They weren't very creative in coming up with a new last name.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Hextall has shown he is loyal and patient. I believe he will fire Hak long after he should have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->