A Serious Debate: How to fix this team?

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Hot takes that don't age well, tonight at 11.

Couldn't be more pleased to have been proven utterly wrong.

Maybe I should just keep talking smack- if it worked last night, it'll work tonight, by God.

"Darling in net against his old team?? That's just flat out Pejorative Slured. They'll light him up like a Christmas tree"

5-0 shutout incoming. Boom.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Maybe I should just keep talking smack- if it worked last night, it'll work tonight, by God.
DBFgHX1V0AA5twb.jpg

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
One does not simply shut down a player on a streak. Especially a Hurricanes player unless said player is up against a rookie goal tender and it's their NHL debut.

Last edited:
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

GoCanes2015

Oct 14, 2017
Noted on the broadcast last night Darling hasn't lost since 10/24 and is now 4-0-3 in his last 7. That's 11 out of 14 possible points from our #1 goalie. he hasn't been incredible but he's contributing. If Cam can be the #2 he was his last outing we may be in decent shape.

Big week coming up against Metro opponents. I'll take a split against NYI, beat BUF and a surprise win against NYR. That would be another 6 out of 8 points. Playoff position!

Couldn't be more pleased to have been proven utterly wrong.

"Darling in net against his old team?? That's just flat out ******ed. They'll light him up like a Christmas tree"

5-0 shutout incoming. Boom.

Reactions: Unsustainable

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
This and 2 bucks will get you a cup of coffee, but we've only played 2 division games so far and have taken 3 of 4 points from them. Also, if we were in the western conference we'd be sitting in a playoff spot right now.

Reactions: Unsustainable

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Noted on the broadcast last night Darling hasn't lost since 10/24 and is now 4-0-3 in his last 7. That's 11 out of 14 possible points from our #1 goalie. he hasn't been incredible but he's contributing. If Cam can be the #2 he was his last outing we may be in decent shape.

Big week coming up against Metro opponents. I'll take a split against NYI, beat BUF and a surprise win against NYR. That would be another 6 out of 8 points. Playoff position!

Was thinking the same thing. Darling's numbers are starting to look good. The only thing that concerns me is he gets out of position often and doesn't get back in between the pipes quick enough but that's about the only thing. If Ward can win us a few back to backs we should be in ok shape.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Was thinking the same thing. Darling's numbers are starting to look good. The only thing that concerns me is he gets out of position often and doesn't get back in between the pipes quick enough but that's about the only thing. If Ward can win us a few back to backs we should be in ok shape.

That is the one area of his game I'd like to see him work on the most...his level of movement in the crease. He is like the anti-Price with his sliding all around. It's strange, too, due to the fact you'd think his size would mean there would be less need to be so active.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
And if they don't come back, or make the playoffs, or even make it back to .500, are you planning to revisit this assessment?

I mean I can sit here and say the Canes are treading water while they wait for Aho to break out and score 30 goals by the end of the year, but that doesn't make it true.

Was just revisiting some assessments today. Minnesota now a 11-8-3, in the #7 spot, and have a better record than the Canes.

Aho has also broken out.

Reactions: Hulkacaniac

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Was just revisiting some assessments today. Minnesota now a 11-8-3, in the #7 spot, and have a better record than the Canes.

Aho has also broken out.
It helps Dubynk is now playing like he has the past few seasons with the Wild instead of playing like WarDarling.

Otherwise Minnesota is an older, slightly less mediocre version of the Canes.

Reactions: Hulkacaniac

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
What would you all think of this proposal? I still think this team needs to add more scoring and it needs to happen this year, so I'd be willing to risk "two birds in the bush" to get one in hand, so to speak.

Canes: Kane and Reinhart

Sabres: 2018 1st, Rask, Bean

This helps the Sabres by giving them some decent futures for Kane plus it give us goal scoring now (Kane) and a possible solution to our 1C issues if a change in opportunity can elevate Reinhart.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
What would you all think of this proposal? I still think this team needs to add more scoring and it needs to happen this year, so I'd be willing to risk "two birds in the bush" to get one in hand, so to speak.

Canes: Kane and Reinhart

Sabres: 2018 1st, Rask, Bean

This helps the Sabres by giving them some decent futures for Kane plus it give us goal scoring now (Kane) and a possible solution to our 1C issues if a change in opportunity can elevate Reinhart.

I have a feeling Buffalo would want more than that for both players. Not opposed to the idea, but I wonder what the counter-offer would be. Not interested in moving Hanifin or Fleury for that package.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad