A lot of interest in Tatar

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Really needs to be for something good, would be folly to ship out Nyquist or Tatar if the return is not considerable. A 1st round pick for starters and then add at least a solid prospect I'm thinking.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
Good move him and nyquist and their salaries.

Hard to do a rebuild with no cap space and ericsson, kronwall, Nelson, helm and Abby are unmoveable.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Good move him and nyquist and their salaries.

Hard to do a rebuild with no cap space and ericsson, kronwall, Nelson, helm and Abby are unmoveable.

Why do you need cap space to do a rebuild?

The only benefit I see is being able to get a pick for taking on an ugly contract. Is that the only benefit?

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
both tatar and nqyuist are wasted assets at this point. by the time the wings will be contending again, they will be both be on the downsides of their careers. Might as well try to get a good return for them while their trade value is at peek

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Really getting tired of meaningless tweets from reporters.

Hearing so and so could be interested in so and so if the price is right.

GMs are negotiating. Let them do their job. Rumours come mostly from player agents. Sometimes negotiations will lead on a trade, usually not.

Why getting tired of it?

Or is better for your bashing agenda against Holland to believe and flame, that he is doing nothing, when he is doing his job and negotiating..?

I think I know the answer.

Reactions: ShelbyZ and AHall88

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
I'd be surprised if we get anything better than a 2nd rounder for tatar or nyquist. Teams got to watch film, don't they? If i was a GM, i'd offer a mid 2nd rounder and maybe an older prospect. nothing more

if we get a 2nd for him, that would be a good trade

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I'd be surprised if we get anything better than a 2nd rounder for tatar or nyquist. Teams got to watch film, don't they? If i was a GM, i'd offer a mid 2nd rounder and maybe an older prospect. nothing more

NN just paid a 2nd rounder and a prospect for a pending UFA in Grabner. We can get more for Nyquist and Tatar they both have term left.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Why do you need cap space to do a rebuild?

The only benefit I see is being able to get a pick for taking on an ugly contract. Is that the only benefit?

that's a fair part of it. With how capped the Wings are they have to have a more difficult time just doing a regular hockey trade, though. They are in a situation where they have to not only find a team with mutual interest in assets but that can do a nearly straight salary swap.

Or is better for your bashing agenda against Holland to believe and flame, that he is doing nothing, when he is doing his job and negotiating..?

Meh, I don't think anyone doubts that Kenny works the phones. You only get credit for actually getting something to happen, though. "Well, I tried" just doesn't cut it.

A consistent 20 goal scorer signed for a reasonable amount for another three years has value. We might not be able to pull a top3 D for him, but I think we should be aiming higher than just a 2nd. I don't mind dealing these guys, but I don't see a need to essentially give them away.

Reactions: StargateSG1

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I think I just read Nash to Boston, maybe Tatar will be the next domino to fall?

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Insane to me that a top 5 player on this team is getting ragged on as much as he is, but here we are.

Tavares is likely to be re-signing in New York, that’s what most of the rumors have been indicating of late.

Definitely don’t just give Tatar away, he has value, try to maximize that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad