A Letter to Jon Ledecky

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
Aren’t you the one posting all the (minority owner) Wang conspiracy theories?
Of course I mention Wang. He installed a front office regime..a whole legacy of failure that can survive longer than the NY giants front office survived! They won 2 superbowls and last less time! Wang is the reason Snows front office is here.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Of course I mention Wang. He installed a front office regime..a whole legacy of failure that can survive longer than the NY giants front office survived! They won 2 superbowls and last less time! Wang is the reason Snows front office is here.
Technically he is correct about Wang's legacy still stinking up the joint. If only the Chairman had run into the janitor in the hallway instead of Snow, we might have won the Cup by now.

Reactions: Stercrazy

islesfan66

Nov 6, 2013
in all seriousness is there any way someone can get in touch with ledecky? I'm bummed he doesn't have twitter

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
in all seriousness is there any way someone can get in touch with ledecky? I'm bummed he doesn't have twitter

Well I wrote a letter to he and Malkin, and just had a poster here tell me he's doing so as well.

Will you do the same?

islesfan66

Nov 6, 2013
Well I wrote a letter to he and Malkin, and just had a poster here tell me he's doing so as well.

Will you do the same?
yes sure i will just tell me where to send it. (by that i mean ill make my wife do it) also when someone from ticketing called me about the rock the barn package i told him not to call me back until snow was gone all he said was unfortunately that type of stuff is above his pay grade i said i understood but he could just relay that to his boss. I know it doesn't matter but makes me feel like I'm doing my part

Reactions: periferal

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
yes sure i will just tell me where to send it. (by that i mean ill make my wife do it) also when someone from ticketing called me about the rock the barn package i told him not to call me back until snow was gone all he said was unfortunately that type of stuff is above his pay grade i said i understood but he could just relay that to his boss. I know it doesn't matter but makes me feel like I'm doing my part

Awesome. Well handled.

As for where to send your letter, here's where I sent mine to Malkin and Ledecky:

https://www.nhl.com/islanders/team/contact-us

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Awesome. Well handled.

As for where to send your letter, here's where I sent mine to Malkin and Ledecky:

https://www.nhl.com/islanders/team/contact-us
Any response to your letter? It’s been well over a week now. I’m sure you would’ve posted it, had you received a response. My concern with writing a letter, it’ll get tossed in the “send a bunch of stickers” pile, without ever getting read.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Any response to your letter? It’s been well over a week now. I’m sure you would’ve posted it, had you received a response. My concern with writing a letter, it’ll get tossed in the “send a bunch of stickers” pile, without ever getting read.

Oh if I get a reply I'm taking out my own billboard.

That said I knew that the chance of Ledecky/Malkin reading anything was slim, and in fact not kidding when I say that I could easily see snow having his assistant go through the mail and intercept anything he didn't want getting to L&M.

That said, I had to voice my opinion to L&M. I vent on here a ton and it makes me feel a bit better, but nothing would make me feel better than my voice possibly contributing to the thing I want most - snow removed and a real GM hired.

So I not only encourage you to write a letter, I ask that you do so. Imagine if they received 1,000 letters. Think it wouldn't make a difference? Oh it would so every voice counts.

Reactions: eoin92

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I got an answer to my letter. I sent the following:

Dear Mr. Ledecky and Mr. Malkin,
Please make sure the scoreboard is directly over center ice, and I mean directly, at the new digs. Islander fans have been through enough.
Sincerely Me!

The response was underwhelming to say the least:

Dear Me!,
We are currently evaluating all facets of our stadium building.
Sincerely,
L&M forever in your heart

Reactions: Finnislander

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
So I not only encourage you to write a letter, I ask that you do so. Imagine if they received 1,000 letters. Think it wouldn't make a difference? Oh it would so every voice counts.

I had a free hour at work today, because my client is an idiot who can't tell his secretary to cancel a meeting apparently and I don't know how you sound, but like all I could think of was you telling me to write the f***ing letter. So I have a first draft, we'll see how it will turn out.

Hopefully by the time it will get from here to Ledecky&Co. we'll have another GM. But in case we won't...

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I had a free hour at work today, because my client is an idiot who can't tell his secretary to cancel a meeting apparently and I don't know how you sound, but like all I could think of was you telling me to write the ****ing letter. So I have a first draft, we'll see how it will turn out.

Hopefully by the time it will get from here to Ledecky&Co. we'll have another GM. But in case we won't...

Where is the "love" button when you need it?

Excellent and good on you. Are you going to send the first draft or edit it more?

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
Yup. I wrote like 4 pages at first, sat on it for a bit (shared with Botta), then rewrote the whole thing.

Yeah, trying to keep it short is difficult given the amount of things I want to say to the Isles office/owners...

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Yeah, trying to keep it short is difficult given the amount of things I want to say to the Isles office/owners...

I wrote 3 or 4 pages. I felt like...I'm going to do it, then I'm going to do it and not regret leaving anything out.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
I wrote 3 or 4 pages. I felt like...I'm going to do it, then I'm going to do it and not regret leaving anything out.

My final version was 1.5 pages long - tried to shorten it to one page and still keep all my points, but that wasn't possible.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I follow the Isles because I love JT and as an escape from my own incompetent team. If JT goes and the organization is an even bigger complete tire fire than the one in the 716 (for example the Sabres will actually fire a terrible GM and Coach who are doing a terrible job so the concept of accountability does exist) what's the f***ing point? I wish I could kick both Ledecky and Malkin square in the nuts until they both pass out from the pain.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I follow the Isles because I love JT and as an escape from my own incompetent team. If JT goes and the organization is an even bigger complete tire fire than the one in the 716 (for example the Sabres will actually fire a terrible GM and Coach who are doing a terrible job so the concept of accountability does exist) what's the ****ing point? I wish I could kick both Ledecky and Malkin square in the nuts until they both pass out from the pain.

So you ‘escape’ to the Isles bc your main team sucks? A glutton for punishment, eh.

Reactions: Lek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad