Value of: A goal-scoring winger to SJ

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Option B is accepted.

The 3 guys I suggested are a step plus above AHL fodder, but they are also nothing to write home about. No problem with simplifying this down.

Thought you wanted still more help, so I brought up Puempel and Pirri to meet you more than halfway, but in a revised scenario w/no Wingels, Boedker or Girardi, there is no need to try and balance with P and P.

I did not immediately see this specific package, nor notice the cap dif would be truly negligible.

I accept the deal as is, or would provide you with option to reacquire Tierney's RFA rights for a conditional 7th, your choice.

Dillon @ 3.27 x 4 [no retention]
Tierney @ .711 - RFA [no retention]
Mueller
Bergman
2017 1st

For

Nash @ 3.9 x 2 [Rangers retain half]
2018 2nd (Ottawa's)
2018 3rd

Congrats on getting the core of what I initiated over the finish line.:yo::yo::handclap::handclap:

Am gonna wait on some SJ fan feedback before taking to Ranger board.
looking forward to hearing everybody's 2 cents.

It works for me.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
....Our expendable assets to balance the cap = Dillon and/or one of Boedker/Ward/Karlsson (pending RFA @ 1.65M). I'll take one more stab at this:

Dillon + Karlsson + Mueller + Bergman + 1st for Nash @ 4.8 M + 2018 2nd + 2018 3rd.

If you figure we bring up Heed to play 7th D and Demelo plays bottom pair once he is back from broken wrist, the cap for this year is roughly equal. NYR saves 1-1/2 M on next years cap if they don't choose to extend Karlsson (sure you could swap his rights for picks, he is a pretty good career bottom sixer).

Let me compare the above to my jointly approved offer on which we are taking a head count:

Mueller
Bergman
2017 1st

For

2018 2nd (Ottawa's)
2018 3rd

assuming that unspecified 2018 2nd remains Ottawa's,

if I am reading this correctly,
the differences are
swapping out Karlson for Tierney
and Nash's salary in one at 3.9 and in the other at 4.8

I am not sure I get why changes requested
(pls explain)

but in any event, it is obviously close enough to not be a dealbreaker to what
jMoneyBrah finalized.

On that basis, if there is no objection by Owen11
I will consider that a yes for purposes of our head count.

that's a yes
running total now:
Result is +11, -4

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
Let me compare the above to my jointly approved offer on which we are taking a head count:

that's a yes
running total now:
Result is +11, -4

Unfortunately, I think the running +/- total is a bit disingenuous as this is heavily weighted by Sharks fan responses. My running total looks like this:

Sharks: +9/-3 (12 votes)
Rangers: +2/-1 (3 votes)

Last edited:

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013

Mueller
Bergman
2017 1st

For

2018 2nd (Ottawa's)
2018 3rd

assuming that unspecified 2018 2nd remains Ottawa's,

if I am reading this correctly,
the differences are
swapping out Karlson for Tierney
and Nash's salary in one at 3.9 and in the other at 4.8

I am not sure I get why changes requested
(pls explain)

but in any event, it is obviously close enough to not be a dealbreaker to what
jMoneyBrah finalized.

On that basis, if there is no objection by Owen11
I will consider that a yes for purposes of our head count.

that's a yes
running total now:
Result is +11, -4

You are not putting words in my mouth, sir. I concur, if your deal went down I'd be happy to have Nash on our team (@ that cap and paying those pieces)

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You are not putting words in my mouth, sir. I concur, if your deal went down I'd be happy to have Nash on our team (@ that cap and paying those pieces)

thanks for clarifying...

Unfortunately, I think the running +/- total is a bit disingenuous as this is heavily weighted by Sharks fan responses. My running total looks like this:

Sharks: +9/-3 (12 votes)
Rangers: +2/-1 (3 votes)

Nah, nothing disingenuous; all responses tabulated are legit and accurate.
SJ has had more urgent need to do this deal NOW
I believe once Ranger fans look in the mirror, long enough, it will be super clear we need to move Nash; at that point only ? is the return

Keep 'em coming, guys (and gals)

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
SJ has no urgent need to do anything now.

I think the main thing Doug Wilson and Peter DeBoer need to figure out if they want to move Hertl to 3C or keep him as a top line W. Either way, there is one position to fill. Tierney as 3C is not going to cut it against the really good playoff teams, so we either need to definitely do 'something' before the TDL.

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA
I think the main thing Doug Wilson and Peter DeBoer need to figure out if they want to move Hertl to 3C or keep him as a top line W. Either way, there is one position to fill. Tierney as 3C is not going to cut it against the really good playoff teams, so we either need to definitely do 'something' before the TDL.

In theory, they could always move Marleau to 3C.

Hertl - JT - Pavs
Labanc - Couture - Donskoi
Boedker - Marleau - Meier/Karlsson
Karlsson/Tierney - Carpenter - Ward
Haley

And that lets them send Meier down if needed, and still leaves Haley or Tierney as the 13th forward.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

Hertl - JT - Pavs
Haley

And that lets them send Meier down if needed, and still leaves Haley or Tierney as the 13th forward.

Marleu as a C just has not worked that great over the last couple of years. I would rather let him play Wing where he is actually an impact player.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area

Hertl - JT - Pavs
Haley

Why would you break up the Marleau - Couture - Boedker line that's doing so well right now?

And Patty is not a great C anymore.

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Marleu as a C just has not worked that great over the last couple of years. I would rather let him play Wing where he is actually an impact player.

Why would you break up the Marleau - Couture - Boedker line that's doing so well right now?

And Patty is not a great C anymore.

You folks did notice I said "In theory...", right? I am not advocating for it. I just brought up that it's not like the Sharks HAVE to go get either a center or a winger.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
You folks did notice I said "In theory...", right? I am not advocating for it. I just brought up that it's not like the Sharks HAVE to go get either a center or a winger.

They don't have to do anything at all. We are trying to make a trade with the intention of improving the team. Getting a winger or center helps. Moving to Patty may be an option but it is not a very practical one.

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA
As I've said on Sharks forum, I think Palat is the guy they need. He could slot into the top line and move Hertl down for now, and in the future would be a good winger for Hertl.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
As I've said on Sharks forum, I think Palat is the guy they need. He could slot into the top line and move Hertl down for now, and in the future would be a good winger for Hertl.

price on Palat?

also, it is a given Nash would fit hand in glove with Thornton

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Vrbata for a 2nd. Vrby is a low cost option who may fit in very well with SJ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad