Value of: A goal-scoring winger to SJ

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA
price on Palat?

also, it is a given Nash would fit hand in glove with Thornton

Price? Almost certainly less than Nash. And getting someone who fits well with JT actually isn't my main priority. Palat would be a long-term asset who would fit in with the younger core of players the Sharks are developing, not a short-term rental.

Part of the issue is, I just don't think that highly of Nash.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Price? Almost certainly less than Nash. And getting someone who fits well with JT actually isn't my main priority. Palat would be a long-term asset who would fit in with the younger core of players the Sharks are developing, not a short-term rental.

A couple Bolts fans said they'd want a RD like a Vantanen - young top 4. We don't have that, only prospects.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

That is honest
that seems a minority view but let no one begrudge it

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA
A couple Bolts fans said they'd want a RD like a Vantanen - young top 4. We don't have that, only prospects.

I doubt they would get a Vantanen-level player for Palat. He's good, but not that good. At least IMO.

But if the Sharks can't get him, oh well. I am just hoping for smart asset and cap management, and to me Nash isn't that. I'm not that big on Vrbata either (I don't think he's defensively good enough to play the Sharks game and he floats too often for my taste).

I would honestly rather they stick with what they have before trading for one of those guys. Or heck, at least give Goldobin a shot with the big club before they consider making a move.

There just don't seem to be very many effective yet not ridiculously-priced players that are going to be available, and I'd rather not see the Sharks overpay for someone who could easily be worse than what they already have in the system.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
How about Gallagher from Montreal?

He might work, though I don't watch Montreal enough to have a strong opinion either way. I do know Montreal would have to retain probably 50% for us to fit him under the cap. What would the Habs even want for him? Oh, and I'm not sure we need a RW in the first place. Our main need is a LW that's good at possession and along the boards to put up with Thornton and Pavelski, or a high quality #3C to allow Hertl to stay up there with them.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Devil's offer Cammy for a 1st plus prospect, Devils retain 50% salary.

There's no way we could fit him under the cap without retention, so that's really not an option.

Edit: Ah, I read it at first as Devils not retaining anything. Dunno if that was an edit or just me being dumb. rofl. I'll let more knowledgeable people weigh in on the merits of such a deal. Maybe Bleedred can chime in.

The ideal fit for us would probably be someone like JVR, assuming we can work the cap situation out. Though, I have no idea if Toronto would even consider moving him, what they'd want for him, or if we could even afford it.

Fear the Wushu

Dec 4, 2013
New Brunswick, NJ
There's no way we could fit him under the cap without retention, so that's really not an option.

The ideal fit for us would probably be someone like JVR, assuming we can work the cap situation out. Though, I have no idea if Toronto would even consider moving him, what they'd want for him, or if we could even afford it.

I edited my proposal, Devils would retain half the salary.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
no posts since w/e

if no objections further input
later this week will run the Nash prop as a separate thread on the main trade board

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad