Value of: A goal-scoring winger to SJ

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Simple premise. Hertl and Donskoi are on the IR and it's questionable if Couture is healthy after he took a puck to the hand last game and didn't come back. Sharks struggle to score as it is and are putting an awful lot of pressure on rookies (Meier, Labanc) and Brent Burns to score goals.

I'd ideally be targeting a mid-20's middle-six winger like Tatar/Nyquist, Killorn, Lee, etc., but a bandaid guy wouldn't be awful (no Vanek though).

Obviously no one is untouchable for the right deal, but don't bother asking about Burns, Hertl, Pavelski, Vlasic, or Couture. It would take a helluva player to make me want to move Meier or Labanc. Otherwise, go for it. All other picks and prospects are theoretically on the table.

Any deal would have to be cap-neutral as the Sharks are up tight against the cap. LW or RW, doesn't matter, just as long as they can score goals.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Simple premise. Hertl and Donskoi are on the IR and it's questionable if Couture is healthy after he took a puck to the hand last game and didn't come back. Sharks struggle to score as it is and are putting an awful lot of pressure on rookies (Meier, Labanc) and Brent Burns to score goals.

I'd ideally be targeting a mid-20's middle-six winger like Tatar/Nyquist, Killorn, Lee, etc., but a bandaid guy wouldn't be awful (no Vanek though).

Obviously no one is untouchable for the right deal, but don't bother asking about Burns, Hertl, Pavelski, Vlasic, or Couture. It would take a helluva player to make me want to move Meier or Labanc. Otherwise, go for it. All other picks and prospects are theoretically on the table.

Any deal would have to be cap-neutral as the Sharks are up tight against the cap. LW or RW, doesn't matter, just as long as they can score goals.

Nash/possibly at half available for acceptable cap dump and ELC D prospects.

another option:
Zuc + Stepan
for
Couture, Bergman, cap dump

or
Pirri + NYR 4th
for
SJ1st

any of these?

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

another option:
Zuc + Stepan
for

or
Pirri + NYR 4th
for
SJ1st

any of these?
I am high enough on Couture that I would not trade him for Duchene (most SJ fans would). But I really like Zuc. I am pretty sure I would do that one.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Killorn isn't out of the question. I hardly know anything about your farm, though.

Our top prospect not in the NHL is Nikolai Goldobin. Tons of skill, on the doorstep of being NHL-ready. Seems like a great fit for the Bolts. Not sure if I'd trade him for Killorn. Other than him we have lesser prospects like Mueller, Bergman (RHD who has improved a lot this year, might be someone you're interested in), O'Regan.

Stafford for a 7th?

I'm not really big on a guy with 4 goals this season.

another option:
Zuc + Stepan
for

or
Pirri + NYR 4th
for
SJ1st

any of these?

I'd do the first one, **** no to the second one. I'd be interested in Nash if we could make it fit under the cap and he wasn't too costly.

Every thread like this needs some JVR.

Willing to retain 50%.

Name your price. JVR is what I'm looking for but only if it makes sense.

You can have Thomas Vanek for a 1st round pick.

:laugh: I literally said in the OP 'no Vanek'.

you want iginla, hof goal scorer.

:laugh:

One Jannik Hansen

Depending on the price.

Eaves or Sharp?

Another "depends on the price" case. Those players do interest me.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
how good is Dylan DeMelo?
hes playing 3rd pairing minutes and is a rhh, with good possession is all i know.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Our top prospect not in the NHL is Nikolai Goldobin. Tons of skill, on the doorstep of being NHL-ready. Seems like a great fit for the Bolts. Not sure if I'd trade him for Killorn. Other than him we have lesser prospects like Mueller, Bergman (RHD who has improved a lot this year, might be someone you're interested in), O'Regan.

I'd do the first one, **** no to the second one. I'd be interested in Nash if we could make it fit under the cap and he wasn't too costly.

[/B]Name your price. JVR is what I'm looking for but only if it makes sense.[/B]

Depending on the price.

Something around Meier + one of those two aforementioned D men (Mueller or Bergman) +
For JVR @50% + hunwick
Ideally JVR is used to get a young top D, but you take the cards you're dealt and go from there.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Tatar

For

Wingels
Gambrell
Heed

SJ takes on 27k on the cap.

Also, if the deal needs to be reworked, Detroit can retain as long as the salary coming back to Detroit is equal.

I'm happy with this deal. Best one I've seen in this thread.

how good is Dylan DeMelo?
hes playing 3rd pairing minutes and is a rhh, with good possession is all i know.

DeMelo is a solid defensive-minded defenseman who can skate well and move the puck decently. He's not an offensive presence. DeMelo showed a lot of promise last season on the third pair until the team inexplicably traded for Roman ****ing Polak. Then they signed Schlemko this summer (which was a great move, but left DeMelo the #7 again). I can't imagine DeMelo has a ton of trade value because he's unproven, but you can't take for granted that the Sharks developed two late round defensemen (Jason Demers and Justin Braun) into top-4 guys in the same way DeMelo is currently being handled and I personally think that DeMelo could follow in the footsteps of those guys.

Something around Meier + one of those two aforementioned D men (Mueller or Bergman) +
For JVR @50% + hunwick
Ideally JVR is used to get a young top D, but you take the cards you're dealt and go from there.

Absolutely no ****ing way I even think about moving Meier for JVR, never mind taking back Hunwick. Hunwick is garbage.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
For JVR @50% + hunwick

JVR is better than Meier right now. But Meier is not going to be moved for JVR. He is on an ELC and playing very well in his 1st year. All of our prospects are on the table except for Meier and Labanc. I won't say those two are untouchable but we need a better player than JVR coming back.

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
Of the bajillion threads he's offered up in, this is one of the very few where JVR is actually the correct answer. Of course, by now the Leafs are in the thick of the playoff run and aren't likely to be sellers at the deadline... oh, the irony.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Of the bajillion threads he's offered up in, this is one of the very few where JVR is actually the correct answer. Of course, by now the Leafs are in the thick of the playoff run and aren't likely to be sellers at the deadline... oh, the irony.

JVR would be a good fit but not at the expense of Meier.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
JVR is better than Meier right now. But Meier is not going to be moved for JVR. He is on an ELC and playing very well in his 1st year. All of our prospects are on the table except for Meier and Labanc. I won't say those two are untouchable but we need a better player than JVR coming back.
Fair enough, I just don't know what else there would be of value that Toronto would be interested in from the sharks. Unless you want to make a pair of firsts available.
Also keep in mind this was JVR @50% so 2.125 which is 1.2 more than an elc and less if all bonus' are met for a guy who fits with your forward group and can give you 30-60 in his sleep

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Fair enough, I just don't know what else there would be of value that Toronto would be interested in from the sharks. Unless you want to make a pair of firsts available.
Also keep in mind this was JVR @50% so 2.125 which is 1.2 more than an elc and less if all bonus' are met for a guy who fits with your forward group and can give you 30-60 in his sleep

I cannot say about what other Sharks fans feel but I think Doug Wilson should make all of our prospects (except for Meier and Labanc) available as well as our 1st round picks for the next 2 years. Obviously what gets packaged up depends on the return but I think we have enough in our prospect pool now that we can do this for the next couple of years. Also, like I said earlier, I am ok with even trading Meier and Labanc but the return has to be really really good.

And if we really wanted, we can always trade to get picks back too.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

Name your price. JVR is what I'm looking for but only if it makes sense.

Depending on the price.

I'd assume the Leafs would be looking at something around Braun but I could see how that would be a non-starter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad