Prospect Info: 9OA: Nate Danielson

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Rough weekend for Danielson.
1 point in 3 games and a -2 .
Did he get loaned to the KHL after his big game?

Was really hoping he could parlay that 5 point night into a consistent offensive spark.
I can't watch any of the Portland games, but it seems that they have a few guys 8-12 months older than Danielson that they are giving the prime O-zone opportunities to. He takes the most faceoffs on the team, I suspect they are probably having him take D-zone faceoffs whenever possible.

I mean, he can already play at an NHL level defensively, so it makes sense since they already have guys who they know can score but can't play a lick of defense. The usage makes sense. The fact he can randomly put up a 5 point night tells you the offensive skill is there, but that's just not how they are using him. We look at the CHL as a developmental league but they want to make the memorial cup finals and turn a profit, too.

It would be nice to watch the games but I'm not paying for junior hockey.

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
Only scoring a point per game on a bad Brandon team: hurt development, low potential. ‘Only ThIrD LiNeR…’

Scoring above a point per game on a good Portland team: game too easy, might make him develop bad habits, ‘yeah, but Sam Gagner was a jr superstar…’

Am I doing this thread right?
No? Brandon was a playoff team with Nate

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020

Was really hoping he could parlay that 5 point night into a consistent offensive spark.

He wanted to feed the trolls on this board something. How can they call him a bust if he is scoring?

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

i get the sarcasm, but he was a -2 on two empty net goals wasn't he? or am i thinking of another prospect.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
On the subject, I feel like Nate Danielson would main a Prot Warrior.
Are we talking the cool guy who levels while helping others by running dungeons? Or the masochist who exclusively does open world quests?

Or... *gasp*

Is this a South Park "just kill boars in the forest" situation?

Nah. Nate doesn't seem like that kinda guy.

Does he? :crossfing

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Are we talking the cool guy who levels while helping others by running dungeons? Or the masochist who exclusively does open world quests?

Or... *gasp*

Is this a South Park "just kill boars in the forest" situation?

Nah. Nate doesn't seem like that kinda guy.

Does he? :crossfing
That mario kart 64 video the social media team released is the only material we have to evaluate each prospect's gaming (or non-gaming) tendencies/skills. I think we'd have to watch it again to determine Danielson's wow class and role.

Last edited:

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Those empty net minuses are one of the most misleading stats.
This is why i have cooled off on the +/- stat column. You could just get on the ice when the other team is on a breakaway and you automatically get a - if they score when you were on the ice for all of 1 second. Yes, it's an outlier, but still.

I also hate how we calculate pp% as well. Same premise, you get on the powerplay for 5 seconds and you take a penalty, nullifying your pp opportunity but it automatically goes 0/1 on the pp, same goes for the other team when they get out of the box 5 seconds before the other guy. They should go off of pp time.

Example: we score 0.75 goals per 2 minutes of powerplay time. It's like the Goals/60 stats but instead would be PPG/2 minutes of pp time stats. Are they doing this yet?

Reactions: Konnan511

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This is why i have cooled off on the +/- stat column.

Last season 100-point Erik Karlsson was plus-96, minus-96 = ZERO at 5-on-5.

But his season total was -26.

There was those shorthanded goals against (you get the minus, but don't get the plus from the PP), 3-on-3 "non"-hockey, and mostly these empty netters against, when poor team like last season Sharks did try to chase the lead.

Karlsson was +39 and -11 on the power-play. You collect the minuses, not the plusses.

Also remember one season, when Brad Stuart was a pairing with Kronwall.

People in here had a clear picture, how Stuart is great at defending, when he was +10 at season totals.

And Kronwall was bad, because he was something like -5.

The difference came from empty-net situations. Stuart played with Lidström, when defending the lead, getting easy plusses from EN goals.

And Kronwall was chasing the lead with Lidström, collecting the minuses, when they were scored against with empty net.

Kronwall-Stuart was equal on any other situations.

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
Last season 100-point Erik Karlsson was plus-96, minus-96 = ZERO at 5-on-5.

But his season total was -26.

There was those shorthanded goals against (you get the minus, but don't get the plus from the PP), 3-on-3 "non"-hockey, and mostly these empty netters against, when poor team like last season Sharks did try to chase the lead.

Karlsson was +39 and -11 on the power-play. You collect the minuses, not the plusses.

Also remember one season, when Brad Stuart was a pairing with Kronwall.

People in here had a clear picture, how Stuart is great at defending, when he was +10 at season totals.

And Kronwall was bad, because he was something like -5.

The difference came from empty-net situations. Stuart played with Lidström, when defending the lead, getting easy plusses from EN goals.

And Kronwall was chasing the lead with Lidström, collecting the minuses, when they were scored against with empty net.

Kronwall-Stuart was equal on any other situations.
Really odd point in support for Karlsson unless you provide the same stats for everyone else.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
First few shifts:

PK time, pressuring the puck, broke up a shot attempt in the d-zone, O-zone time and had some good puck possession. Puck is following him out there. Testament to his IQ

...To that last point, the next shift he has a high danger chance where the puck just followed him into the slot. Big save by goalie Holt

Both teams giving up lots of good chances against here so far 11 mins in

Reactions: izlez and Xerosine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad