Prospect Info: 9OA: Nate Danielson

Austrianwing

Apr 29, 2021
I think getting D zone starts in junior is great. I think a guy who can score PPG in the WHL while playing in all three zones is far more likely to make it as a middle six guy than someone who scores 1.5 PPG and only plays offense.
I agree. Considering that he is actually at just shy of 1.6 PPG, and averaging almost +1 per game so far with Portland while getting those starts? Of course I am probably missing something...
Nate effing Bustielson!
Oh, shoot, that gives me NFB, not LFG! I'm old. This is going to take me a while to figure out

Oct 18, 2006
I don’t doubt his future because he looked so good in PS. Like really good. But I do wish he was putting up more points in juniors. Cmon Nate.

Reactions: David D

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Just watched game
Good: nice skating, at draws , shot , defensive game, size and physicality reach.
Bad: did not notice any creativity, shoot first mentality .
He is going to need playmaking wing in NHL, we don't have one in our prospect pool

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Just watched game
Good: nice skating, at draws , shot , defensive game, size and physicality reach.
Bad: did not notice any creativity, shoot first mentality .
He is going to need playmaking wing in NHL, we don't have one in our prospect pool
We don't have a playmaking wing in our prospect pool? Ever hear of Berggren?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
We don't have a playmaking wing in our prospect pool? Ever hear of Berggren?

Maybe if he learns how to play defense so he can be on the second line. I like his progress the past year, he looked much better in the recent call up, but he's still got more learning to do. Right now he's like Sprong, he can put up some points on a lower line, but can't be trusted against the opponent's scoring lines.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Maybe if he learns how to play defense so he can be on the second line. I like his progress the past year, he looked much better in the recent call up, but he's still got more learning to do. Right now he's like Sprong, he can put up some points on a lower line, but can't be trusted against the opponent's scoring lines.
Defense like Perron? Or Kane? Or DeBrincat? Or Fabbri? Or Sprong?

It's no difference than our defensemen. It's silly that the kids are held to different standards than the vets...

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Defense like Perron? Or Kane? Or DeBrincat? Or Fabbri? Or Sprong?

It's no difference than our defensemen. It's silly that the kids are held to different standards than the vets...

All of the players you listed are much harder to play against than Berggren with the exception of Sprong, and Sprong has something that Berggren does not and will never have...true one touch scoring ability. Berggren likely will never play in a permanent role for Detroit, it's looking more and more likely that he will be traded at some point due to a lack of fit and need for what he brings. Just one look at how the third and fourth lines are constructed points to players like Kasper, Mazur and Danielson having a much higher likelihood of sliding into that style of play with a level of success.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
All of the players you listed are much harder to play against than Berggren with the exception of Sprong, and Sprong has something that Berggren does not and will never have...true one touch scoring ability. Berggren likely will never play in a permanent role for Detroit, it's looking more and more likely that he will be traded at some point due to a lack of fit and need for what he brings. Just one look at how the third and fourth lines are constructed points to players like Kasper, Mazur and Danielson having a much higher likelihood of sliding into that style of play with a level of success.

I would've said Kane. He sucks defensively. Sprong has played better defensively this season than he ever has. His first NHL season without getting scratched.

If Burger can make the same leap, then he's a useful player. I liked that he battled for the puck in his last callup, and if a fan can spot it, the Wings staff surely did. I still have hope that he'll be a Red Wing next season. He needs defensive commitment, and needs to stop playing Cholo defense. COVID pandemic is over, no need to socially distance.

Raymond... Berggren... Lombardi.

I think it'll wind up being Raymond eventually. DBoss can play with anyone and make them better so he doesn't need Ray as much as Danielson will.

Speaking of which, the same comment was made about DBoss ealy in his career. Danielson wiill figure it out as well.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Big assumption that Danielson is going to be on the 2nd line in the NHL especially with Kasper ahead of him.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad